The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Frames

PurpleBomber

Question

I'm kinda thinking I could use a melee frame. Specifically, one of the "facetank all the things" variety as currently my method of melee is throw Loki in there and simply mash E until something's dead. Currently I've got Atlas, Chroma, Excalibur, Wukong, and Valkyr pegged as possible candidates, each with their own considerations.

Atlas: Ew AW boss farming, not really that melee-tilted outside of his meaty stats and his 1.

Chroma: Can't change my mind on him, once he's built he's built. Also only really counts as a melee frame because he needs Life Strike that much.

Excalibur: Least tanky of the 5, and I have a friend/clanmate who plays a lot of Excal already.

Wukong: Nitain Nitain Nitain, also I don't have Primed Reach which seems to be a staple for him.

Valkyr: Just kinda meh on her for some reason. Was going to say overdone, but that's a hilarious double standard if I don't say the same about Excalibur. Also would have to brave tradechat for Eternal War which is bleh, and I'm pretty convinced she's going to get Primed/Umbra'd/Whatever'd next year because she's too popular not to be.

So yeah... melee.

3 answers to this question

Ash prime or Ash, because of his insane health that he can get paired with life strike, I really don't see yourself dying.

Chroma is actually a really good choice. Build towards his elemental ward and Vex armor, with a Rage build going, You can pretty much survive anything and constantly have high damage and high armor while you're at it.

Honestly going to add this here, but, Rhino, simply because of the iron skin bonus and recent rework he got.

Valkyr Eternal war is pretty good too, just constantly attacking really fast.

Excalibur comes with passives that benefit one handed and dual swords and nikanas. Getting something like 10% more damage if used with those as well as 10% attack speed bonus

Edited by KJRenz

IMO tanky stats isnt enough to make you a melee frame.

Melee really lacks that raw power that scales as hard as guns do so you really either gotta be Excal(power) or Valkyr(animation breaking speed)

that said, just murdered all yo options but wukong, valkyr, excal. Wukong is a crappy Excal as far as melee-ing goes atleast.

Loki and Ash are not... the beefy tanky melee frames but they're pretty good at it and pretty hard to kill and stealth multipliers on melee atleast puts them on the radar for consideration unlike chroma and atlas...

Edited by KuroNekoXlll