The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solo Sorties Issue

(PSN)thehoocodfather

It is virtually impossible to solo a complete sortie run unless sorties are scaled down re numbers of enemies so that solo players can compete them.

So can someone confirm that solo sortie missions are scaled down ?

If not, then its going to be really annoying.  

The best sortie mission set up is a team of players who play on a regular basis and who coordinate their Aura mods eg all have equipped Corrosive Projection or some other mod selection.

Playing with a random team is doable, but a lot harder because of the inability to coordinate aura mods with those random players.

I find this trend that rewards teams who play together on a regular basis, really really annoying.

I blame Destiny.  That game forces you to play with a little clique, otherwise you suffer a real detriment.  

Penalising players because they play solo or because they do not play as a little clique team is simply not fair.

I find it irksome that I am either forced to play with the same players time after time or I am forced to play missions that are harder simply as I am not playing with the same small set of players time after time.

Why are small groups of players who play with each other all the time, provided with an advantage that other players are not ?

We are all playing the same game.

Forcing us to play in a certain way, is merely restricting player choice.

I actually can always solo sorties, IF there aren't any Defense nodes. Survival = Valkyr, exterminate = Mirage/Valkyr, rest like interception, spy = Loki.

Defense is more a "too many spawn, too heavy fire, needs at least 2 tenno power to hold against" issue.

Random groups... Except if you get a group with lower level players, or "defense mission? let's go tank everything" weird people, it's still an easy win.

Not everything is meant to be played solo. The core of Warframe is being a coop game mate.

Fyi, I am always running sorties with random groups. Except for spy missions.

Edited by matto

i just completed the sortie with this infested interception thing on uranus (haha, nice joke/christmas gift DE)

the only hard part was the defense, but my scindo prime (the only thing i have with a forma in) handled it

sure, its can be hard but thats the sense of those sorties

if you are lucky you can even get a legendary core from the droptable

Edit; forgot to mention that i was soloing it with my frost for defense(although melee units couldnt damage the reactor) and my valkyr with my focus lens (hysteria time was a total of ~ 20 secs combined from the 1st and the 3rd sortie)

Edited by Nesodos

The truth is, aside from perhaps Sortie 3 Defense (Level 100 enemies) with Elemental Resistance conditions, all other Sortie missions can be comfortably completed solo with sufficiently powerful gear and the correct strategy.

I completed all of today's sorties solo, for example.

Loki for Sortie 1.
Nova for Sortie 2.
Loki for Sortie 3.

I've done the first and the second missions from sorties in solo mode, and that depends of what kind of missions they are. The third I never even tried to do solo as you need BIG BAD GUNS to handle it, I currently don't have. But I will.... soon 8D.

Anyways, this is a multiplayer game, so being "Han Solo" it's good when you have a bulletproof technique and you know it will go faster this way, but still playing with others is more fun and safer.   

The truth is, aside from perhaps Sortie 3 Defense (Level 100 enemies) with Elemental Resistance conditions, all other Sortie missions can be comfortably completed solo with sufficiently powerful gear and the correct strategy.

I completed all of today's sorties solo, for example.

Loki for Sortie 1.

Nova for Sortie 2.

Loki for Sortie 3.

I also completed todat's Sortie solo.

Nyx for Sortie 1

Nyx for sortie 2

Nyx for Sortie 3

You don't need stealth for vaults, once you know the default layouts it's easy to just non-stealth rush it without tripping an alarm. Also people keep thinking "Damage, damage, damage, damage. Kill, Kill, kill!!" when it comes to interception. Yet if you CC every enemy, nobody can capture points from you and it's more relaxing to just sit back instead of running guns blazing doing everything you can to stop them capturing points.

Edited by xFrostKnightx

Is it me or every time I do sortie

I always paired with pro or a high MR

And with whatever frame we have we always managed to finish it

And for some reason everyone is using varizan focus when do pug.

So yeah im fine with pug

Its harder but its fun

Edited by Dreadwire

For any Interception you can solo with Frost, no matter the enemy level or tileset, if you have some pancakes with you.

Avalanche for having the map littered with ice statues, and Globe to sendout mobs when capping or re-capping.

Who cares about how actually tough are the mobs if they can't do anything?

I don't think sorties are meant to be done alone... specially the elemental resistances level 80-100, also.. the more players the less enemies focusing on you....

What is Destiny have to do with this topic???

Edited by EX-Zanki

"Warframe is a cooperative free-to-play third person online action game set in an evolving sci-fi world."

Popular user-defined tags for this product:

Not trying to be the smartass in the thread, but the game revolves around co-op play. If you can solo, more power to you. Why would you even want to solo Sorties anyways? I understand Spy missions and Rescue missions, I solo those because 9 times out of 10, the rest of the team doesn't know how to hack and panics when they realize they can't use ciphers (lol). But soloing defense, mobile defense and interceptions? I'll take a pass on that and stick with my blind Mirage for ints, and whatever for the rest lol.

Edited by BradlyKG

Why would you even want to solo Sorties anyways?

today i tried to find a group or some players to join me and sit there while i kill everything just to have somebody around in case it gets boring

i even said in rec chat that they dont have to do anything

guess what, nobody even tried to get a free sortie taxi

IF u have nice gear and brains u can solo all sorties dont forget this is the start of end game contet for warframe so u need too get ready too get hardcore when solo   EX; mag vs corpus nox infested  ash grineer  other missions loki will do the trick but solo u will spend a lot of plates for energy while in team that can be easy u dont need the 4 players but with just 2 is very easy missions 
only need the right tools for the right job 

Edited by venon23

Not trying to be the smartass in the thread, but the game revolves around co-op play. If you can solo, more power to you. Why would you even want to solo Sorties anyways?

not everyone can play with other people due to the peer to peer set up warframe has or other internet/location issues

which leaves them with solo as the only option

so for some its not that they want to, its that they have to

"but warframes an online game go get some internet" or "so stop playing warframe" (this pops up a lot)

warframe has the solo option and a lot of solo players are still paying customers who support the game, It'd be stupid and wrong to exclude them

not that you were suggesting any of this, just figured I'd cover all the bases

not everyone can play with other people due to the peer to peer set up warframe has or other internet/location issues

which leaves them with solo as the only option

so for some its not that they want to, its that they have to

"but warframes an online game go get some internet" or "so stop playing warframe" (this pops up a lot)

warframe has the solo option and a lot of solo players are still paying customers who support the game, It'd be stupid and wrong to exclude them

not that you were suggesting any of this, just figured I'd cover all the bases

Understandable, though the ones without remotely decent internet are quite hindered. That goes for every single online game. There's a matchmaking ping limit in the settings that works well. Though I will admit, it does limit the amount of time it takes to find a squad sometimes. Distance is a factor as well, so regardless of internet, it's going to be laggy no matter what. All of this I understand. Playing solo is the player's choice, but those player's can't exactly expect DE to adjust the game mechanics because of any of that. 

This isn't to say that I agree with P2P connection games. They are quite annoying to be honest. I wish there was a way to improve on it somehow or just get servers or something. I feel for the ones without decent internet or the ones who live on the moon. They can't help it, and it sucks lol.

Also, just to point this out. Sorties do not scale down for solo play. Not enemy level, not enemy count, not number of objective. They are static whether you have 1 player or 4.

Can personally verify this.  I like to take my time, and well, ran out on the exterminate part of today's first one.  I had 47/52 enemies dead when I failed.  Went back in with a 4 person squad.  Blow up reactor, exterminate blah blah blah, and 0/42 comes up on my screen.  I was a little upset.

I also completed todat's Sortie solo.

Nyx for Sortie 1

Nyx for sortie 2

Nyx for Sortie 3

You don't need stealth for vaults, once you know the default layouts it's easy to just non-stealth rush it without tripping an alarm. Also people keep thinking "Damage, damage, damage, damage. Kill, Kill, kill!!" when it comes to interception. Yet if you CC every enemy, nobody can capture points from you and it's more relaxing to just sit back instead of running guns blazing doing everything you can to stop them capturing points.

But.... cone head Nyx Prime :(