The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoiler] So Hayden "tenno"?

(PSN)xXToastiButterXx

what was going on in that time besides the "Old War"? I want more about the Old War in general.

Besides the old war the grineer were created to be used as laborors by the orokin then for some unknown reason towards the end of the war the grineers drive to obey the orokin began to fade and they all collectively began to rebel against the orokin. The grineer rebelion could have been caused by the twin queens and other grineer sympathizers tampering with the cloning process but we dont know for sure.

Another thing about the old war that keeps bugging me. In the hidden messages quest it tells the lore of mirage and how she died in a battle with the sentients. The only problem with that is that tenno WAS IN THE SUIT and died in the suit but the tenno we play as control the warframes from outside the suit. Meaning that the tenno were created before margulus created trancendance. This is just a theory but its possible that the stalker is one of these pre-transendance tenno who has been driven mad by something in the resevior we have yet to see.

The infested were created by the orokin in an attempt to create a bio weapon that could be used against the sentients known as the technocyte virus. This virus eventually became unstable and started to become an epedemic that eventually gained the ability to self replicate and possibly develop a hive mind.

Lastly the development of the tenno we know of today happened when a rhino without its warframe went on a rampage where he would go so far as to cannablize his victims. The rampage stoped when he was led to the zariman by 2 orokin reasearchers and just stopped. This was most likely because the orokin had perfected the reasearch margulus had made on transendance and a tenno inside the zariman was able to take control of the rampaging rhino.

Referances include the majoraty of codex entries

Edited by (PS4)awesomelaw128

none of it is canon, it just falls in the same universe thats it. this was even said by DE themselves.

its not cannon and its not in the same universe. you cant have something be cannon and in the same universe because warframe cannon is a universe. It would however be correct to say warframe takes alot of inspiration from dark sector.

Edited by (PS4)awesomelaw128

its not cannon and its not in the same universe. you cant have something be cannon and in the same universe because warframe cannon is a universe. It would however be correct to say warframe takes alot of inspiration from dark sector.

i quote the same universe as DE has said this due to the likeness of the design of the game. im only quoting what they stated is all.

dark sector isnt cannon. If you played dark sector you would know that.

this times a million. its been stated countless times that we may share the same universe as dark sector but NONE OF IT IS CANNON TO THE GAME!!! why people keep bringing hayden tenno into this, and other dark sector stuff, is beyond me at this point.

someday that will be true...

As for what is inside the Warframes, just recall the stuff Lephantis says as you're approaching the boss room. I believe the Warframes are filled with Infested flesh that's somehow disconnected from the hive mind. Probably because the link between the Operator and Warframe is stronger? Pure speculation though.

DE has never come right out and said that DS is unrelated to WF. They've been very reluctant to address the topic (with reason), but they've never come right out and said it's not canon.

The games are very clearly related. However, DS was a mess in terms of narrative. It's a result of a lot of compromise with the publisher and...it is what it is. WF is what that game could have been, or should have been, had the publisher not wanted another cover generic cover shooter.

Hayden Tenno is certainly a spiritual predecessor to our tenno. The infested were similar to our infested, but not quite the same in detail. Again, the themes are very similar, but the actual details are not. And that's pretty much how you have to treat it in regards to WF: something so far in the past it's merely legend, but that legend does fit into what we know. The details are lost to time, but the central themes are still relevant.

DE has never come right out and said that DS is unrelated to WF. They've been very reluctant to address the topic (with reason), but they've never come right out and said it's not canon.

Yeah they did. It was in a devstream a while back, can't remember the number but they said it. They basically said Dark Sector is sort of their spiritual inspiration for Warframe. They draw bits and pieces from it, but the stories are completely unrelated.

Edited by CheesyAnimeReference

Besides the old war the grineer were created to be used as laborors by the orokin then for some unknown reason towards the end of the war the grineers drive to obey the orokin began to fade and they all collectively began to rebel against the orokin. The grineer rebelion could have been caused by the twin queens and other grineer sympathizers tampering with the cloning process but we dont know for sure.

Another thing about the old war that keeps bugging me. In the hidden messages quest it tells the lore of mirage and how she died in a battle with the sentients. The only problem with that is that tenno WAS IN THE SUIT and died in the suit but the tenno we play as control the warframes from outside the suit. Meaning that the tenno were created before margulus created trancendance. This is just a theory but its possible that the stalker is one of these pre-transendance tenno who has been driven mad by something in the resevior we have yet to see.

The infested were created by the orokin in an attempt to create a bio weapon that could be used against the sentients known as the technocyte virus. This virus eventually became unstable and started to become an epedemic that eventually gained the ability to self replicate and possibly develop a hive mind.

Lastly the development of the tenno we know of today happened when a rhino without its warframe went on a rampage where he would go so far as to cannablize his victims. The rampage stoped when he was led to the zariman by 2 orokin reasearchers and just stopped. This was most likely because the orokin had perfected the reasearch margulus had made on transendance and a tenno inside the zariman was able to take control of the rampaging rhino.

Referances include the majoraty of codex entries

Mirage, and Limbo's death, can actually be explained without contradicting what we know from The Second Dream.

Ever watch The Matrix? A person could die in the virtual Matrix and actually die in reality because the mind thought it was true.

This is a reasonable explanation that could be applied to Warframe.

Mirage's Tenno didn't know the truth about their existence. They thought they were the Warframe. So when the Warframe died, so did the Tenno.

Same could be applied to the story of the original Valkyr. So Valkyr's Tenno experienced everything Alad did to the suit and was trapped inside it, feeling like it was happening to them.

Margulis, sorry, at work right now and forgot.

But It isn't canon anymore, The Second Dream reinforced this.

And why do our frames bleed and have flesh? Are they like avatars made from our DNA?

Keep it coming, I need all the theorists!

The warframe moved with out the operator touching it when it broke War. So maybe they are alive. Like a brain in a jar.

The devs have waffled on dark sector being canon or no. So it might be or might not be. I don't have the money to play it, but since they seem to say both, I'll remain confused.

The warframes contain infested beings, the "like flesh" of the J-3 golem etc. My personal theory is it is a symbiotic relationship, the next part is a second dream spoiler

the operator speaks to the warframe as if it has at least a basic understanding, even of the politics surrounding the corpus and grineer

whatever is inside the warframe can't be filling out frames like rhino unless it can change its shape to fit into equinox and nekros, as well.

The devs have waffled on dark sector being canon or no. So it might be or might not be. I don't have the money to play it, but since they seem to say both, I'll remain confused.

The warframes contain infested beings, the "like flesh" of the J-3 golem etc. My personal theory is it is a symbiotic relationship, the next part is a second dream spoiler

the operator speaks to the warframe as if it has at least a basic understanding, even of the politics surrounding the corpus and grineer

whatever is inside the warframe can't be filling out frames like rhino unless it can change its shape to fit into equinox and nekros, as well.

The thing is, when the Lotus mentioned "surrogates", was she referring to the being inside the frame or the warframe itself? Because the Jordas Golem says "Useless hollow shells". Is it that it can sense that its "like flesh" but can't sense whatever is inside? Makes me think that whatever is inside isn't infested. If the warframes were make out of technocytes, why would whatever inside be the same?

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

dark sector isnt cannon. If you played dark sector you would know that.

dark sector is in a different era than warframe. And while it may not be cannon some of the things in darksector became parts of warframe so in that way things in darksector are in fact relevant.

To further my point I think that the name Tenno is not so much a name derived from Hayden Tenno but a term. After the events with Hayden Tenno my theory is that orokin scientists (or scientist) called his special phenomenon of being either a. immune to the technocyte virus or b. able to control the technocyte virus as tenn. Tenno then means one who can control the technocyte virus. And in the void jump incident it is implied that that is exactly what happens. Our parents are killed but somehow we survive leaving us somewhat in control of the technocyte virus and with awesome powers just like Hayden Tenno.

Tl;Dr Hayden Tenno defined a term. We modern Tenno fit that definition hence we are called Tenno.

To further my point I think that the name Tenno is not so much a name derived from Hayden Tenno but a term. After the events with Hayden Tenno my theory is that orokin scientists (or scientist) called his special phenomenon of being either a. immune to the technocyte virus or b. able to control the technocyte virus as tenn. Tenno then means one who can control the technocyte virus. And in the void jump incident it is implied that that is exactly what happens. Our parents are killed but somehow we survive leaving us somewhat in control of the technocyte virus and with awesome powers just like Hayden Tenno.

Tl;Dr Hayden Tenno defined a term. We modern Tenno fit that definition hence we are called Tenno.

I don't remember it ever being stated that they are able to control the Technocyte Virus, Just that they are immune to it (Probably because of the Void Energys) and well look at the Nural Sentry, it can control Ancients. At Least when the Orokin were making the warframe they used the same Nural Sentry technology that they use to passify Ancients to have the warframes Not attack anything with a "Friendly" tag. Which is probably why all warframe have "Systems" its pretty much the backbone to all warframes and possible runs a rudimentary AI to activate the Virus in the Warframe if needed. 

Lemme just correct this. Warframes are semi mechanical/technological, semi BIOLOGICAL things. They have at no point in lore been confirmed to be sentient (the term, not as in the sentients like Natah/Hunhow) or "living". The lore- in second dream- DID in fact though, refer to it as an empty, lifeless shell. If anything- it's leaning in favor of just being biological, yet not alive. Both are still possibilities, though- due to the hot topic of "Did the warframe move itself? Did we move it with tranference? Maybe Lotus, who was coming there did it?" in reference to the part where the warframe tears War in half.

well then you must not have read the rhino prime codex if you think that warframes in general are dead and also hunhow(however you spell it) was just stating his opinion not a fact when he tried to make an opinion that warframes are just puppets empty shells.

Tenno means "heavenly emperor" in Japanese. It would make sense if that's where the naming was pulled from, if not from where you or everyone else mentioned. Heavenly emperor mildly fits into the game's lore and general theme(Tenno are god-like beings and it seems like something that the Orokin would use as a name).

Nah they went with that name because it was the opposite of what they were known for and looked down as; demons of the Void, rejects of the Void, monsters, reptiles, greedy scavengers, and etc. Since Ten-0 sounded like Tenno, they decided that that's what they will call themselves from now on. Then after that they created their own cultures and schools and etc.

well then you must not have read the rhino prime codex if you think that warframes in general are dead and also hunhow(however you spell it) was just stating his opinion not a fact when he tried to make an opinion that warframes are just puppets empty shells.

The rhino description is NOT describing a warframe. It is an INFESTED EXPERIMENT. What that lore is describing is how the Orokin found out transference could be used to interact with and control infested flesh. Similar to their hivemind. This is why the warframes are partially made out of infested tissues- and why the infested bosses make comments like "We are your flesh" or "It is confused, it senses itself in you". Warframes only use the T-Cyte virus in it's construction, allowing us to use transference to control it.

If they were really like they were in the Rhino lore- which was NOT a frame, again- then why didn't our frame get up and eat us when we weren't controlling it? Why don't our spare frames sitting in the orbiter go berserk? They are NOT alive. They do NOT have a mind of their own. They are suits that we control, nothing more.

Nah they went with that name because it was the opposite of what they were known for and looked down as; demons of the Void, rejects of the Void, monsters, reptiles, greedy scavengers, and etc. Since Ten-0 sounded like Tenno, they decided that that's what they will call themselves from now on. Then after that they created their own cultures and schools and etc.

Makes sense since Orokin is basically English. Also The Zariman 10-0 was the ships name, which is why they were probably either called the Zariman Children or Children of the 10-0 which later would later morph to Ten-o

Edited by UtopioParadoxi