The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

[Spoiler] Frame Channeled Weapon Skills Grant Half The Focus And Frame Affinity Than They Should

OfficerBeepsky

They count as a weapon in the affinity calculation. Because of the way affinity split works, half goes to the frame, half goes to the weapon.

But since the weapon doesn't exist, it gains nothing. Not only that, the frame is basically getting 1/2 exp every time these weapons kill anything. And also, since the weapon doesn't exist, it doesn't have a lens in it, so all the focus it would have gotten is wasted.

With focus being a thing, it's time this gets addressed.

Affected Frames:

Valkyr - Hysteria

Excalibur - Exalted Blade

Wukong - Primal Fury

Ivara - Artemis Bow

Edited by OfficerBeepsky

• 2 months later...

How has this gotten so little attention?
This is a pretty big oversight

If this is intentional then why does Mesa's Regulators work but none of the rest of them?
One or the other is oversight, personally I'd like to know which one.

Edited by Lostami

On 12/20/2015 at 1:21 AM, MetallicReaper said:

That explains why I've been getting hardly anything from draco even when doing the majority of the damage.

Focus is Not based on most damage, Its based on own kills so you would need most kills in the group to get most focus (not counting lens quality and orb)

See it like a Tonkor deals 90% damage on 10 kills at end of mission and at same time a braton deals 10% damage but have 15 kills the braton is the one with most focus at end of mission.

14 minutes ago, Neorro said:

Focus is Not based on most damage, Its based on own kills so you would need most kills in the group to get most focus (not counting lens quality and orb)

See it like a Tonkor deals 90% damage on 10 kills at end of mission and at same time a braton deals 10% damage but have 15 kills the braton is the one with most focus at end of mission.

k, but how did the tonkor not kill all the enemies?

Just now, MaiNeym said:

k, but how did the tonkor not kill all the enemies?

Its an example scenario of damage vs kills incase of Focus gained. If you still want some sorta answer lets just say the tonkor Tenno was lazy and the Braton Tenno was trigger happy. Come to think of let me add one more thing, the kills giving focus also means you can kill steal from your squad if they only damage the enemy without finishing them of and then said Braton Tenno comes around finnishing them of he gets full focus but both Tenno will get same affinity.

None of this really aswers the maintopic of why frame skill weapon dont get full Focus gain. I heard rumors Valkyr Hysteria had a nerf on focus kill. will look around ofr it again.

U18.5 patch notes, here:

Fixed Warframes with ‘alternate weapon’ ultimates (i.e. Valkyr, Excalibur, etc) not properly earning Focus when using these Warframe-specific weapons.

Unsure whether that includes affinity gains for the frame, but I think not.

Edited by Chroia

Okay so that is about as foggy as it gets, Does that mean we are getting full focus from a lens on our frame or not?
It reads like we have to put a lens on the ultimate it's self but that just sounds wrong.. it would be nice to get an actual Dev to clear this up.

On a side note I still can't find an up to date source of info on Hysteria mechanics to many people have made to many threads on it and some are old and some just say different things... bah not relevant to this thread shutting up now.

I decided to run a test.

I have Ivara with Great Lens and killed 20 enemies with Artemis Bow. I gained a total of 55.958 affinity. 1.75% of that would be ~979 focus and that's exact value that was showing on the mission progress.

So it should be safe to assume that they fixed it and at least Artemis Bow is giving full focus. I don't know about other frames since I don't have lens on them.

Edited by xkpaulo