Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ivara Quiver Bug Makes Me Want To Shelve This Frame

Clowee

This refers to the bug where you get stuck using one quiver arrow type, and cannot switch to other arrows.

While not always super game breaking, this is getting rather annoying especially when you actually need the other arrows.   This is happening randomly and often enough that I'm going to whine on a forum about it.

Does anybody have a work-around or cause for this?  The rumor that this occurs after using navigator with a quiver arrow does not seem to apply here as i never use navigator and still get jammed up a couple times a night.

This refers to the bug where you get stuck using one quiver arrow type, and cannot switch to other arrows.

While not always super game breaking, this is getting rather annoying especially when you actually need the other arrows. This is happening randomly and often enough that I'm going to whine on a forum about it.

Does anybody have a work-around or cause for this? The rumor that this occurs after using navigator with a quiver arrow does not seem to apply here as i never use navigator and still get jammed up a couple times a night.

Never happened to me yet, and I am in the 2nd Forma

Two things.

One, bug reports should go in their appropriate sections, not in feedback. The people who handle bugs don't look at this subforum, they look in bug reports.

Two, how do we replicate this bug? Saying "Bug X is aweful" does nothing constructive. Giving the bug hunters something to use when tracking down the bug is huge, and they need as much of that as they can get. Posts like this to little to help anything at all.

Two things.

One, bug reports should go in their appropriate sections, not in feedback. The people who handle bugs don't look at this subforum, they look in bug reports.

Two, how do we replicate this bug? Saying "Bug X is aweful" does nothing constructive. Giving the bug hunters something to use when tracking down the bug is huge, and they need as much of that as they can get. Posts like this to little to help anything at all.

Two things.

One, If you actually read my post you would see I asked if anybody knows the cause of the bug which implies I quite obviously cannot reproduce it.

Two.  If you actually read my post you would see that I am giving the "bug hunters" feedback in that the common rumor that this is caused by using Navigator on a quiver arrows is not the cause of this.  Posts like this do little to help anything at all.

This has already been reported on the bug forums FYI.  I'm giving FEEDBACK on it here because when it occurs the warframe ABILITY becomes greatly hindered, and if somebody who doesnt roam the bug reports has a workaround or a way to unglitch the quiver perhaps more people will see it.  It appears as if based on the feedback thus far it is not as common as I thought it would be based on how often it occurs for me.

Edited by Clowee

Two things.

One, If you actually read my post you would see I asked if anybody knows the cause of the bug which implies I quite obviously cannot reproduce it.

Two.  If you actually read my post you would see that I am giving the "bug hunters" feedback in that the common rumor that this is caused by using Navigator on a quiver arrows is not the cause of this.  Posts like this do little to help anything at all.

This has already been reported on the bug forums FYI.  I'm giving FEEDBACK on it here because when it occurs the warframe ABILITY becomes greatly hindered, and if somebody who doesnt roam the bug reports has a workaround or a way to unglitch the quiver perhaps more people will see it.  It appears as if based on the feedback thus far it is not as common as I thought it would be based on how often it occurs for me.

Then I would suggest you pick the topic names more carefully. Anyone looking at that will probably assume instantly that it's a rant of some sort, you basically set yourself up with it.

If you wanted people's help it should have been "has anyone seen the quiver Bug with Ivara or can duplicate it" or similar, while now it sound like "I'm so annoyed no one if fixing this or responding in bugs, I will stop playing this Frame".

While that might be the sentiment, there was no reason to put it in the topic name.

"happening randomly and often enough that I'm going to whine on a forum about it".

while forgetting to mention that you have already posted in bugs, and are simply after a player that might have a temporary quick fix, like jumping in death pits or resetting an ability, or whatever.

You get out of the forums what you put in. I should know.

I'm actually a little curious here, alike many others I've never experienced this particular issue at all.  I've got 3 Forma on Ivara and have used her quite a lot since she was added, and I constantly use Quiver and switch the arrow I'm running with.  Is there anything specific you can think of or note about anything, even a small detail over when this type of issue occurs for you?  You noted being able to rule out Navigator's relation to the issue.  Personally I can rule out rolling as causing an interference.  I constantly roll even during Quiver's activation.

In the meantime another post in this thread has my mind working a little on one possibility already;

i too had this happen, it might occor some time during the "number 5" i would have to play around with it more..but it also prevent me from rolling as well

Granted this is merely an assumption.  But it's worth noting that, upon firing Ivara's 1 your weapon is actually briefly switched in the lower right from whatever it is to (Quiver).  It's possible that something like "hitting 5" during this would cause the normal functionality to become broken due to the mechanics at play.  While it's only a hunch, it is at least worth keeping in mind.

Do you, Clowee, make use of your "5" often during play sessions?  It's just a shot in the dark but anything is worth keeping in mind while trying to sort out issues such as this.  If you do utilize "5", try running a period of of missions without ever using it a single time.  See if removing one possible cause removes the issue.

As someone who's legitimately never once seen this issue it's hard for me to go about testing it extensively.  Lack of firsthand information and all.

I'm actually a little curious here, alike many others I've never experienced this particular issue at all.  I've got 3 Forma on Ivara and have used her quite a lot since she was added, and I constantly use Quiver and switch the arrow I'm running with.  Is there anything specific you can think of or note about anything, even a small detail over when this type of issue occurs for you?  You noted being able to rule out Navigator's relation to the issue.  Personally I can rule out rolling as causing an interference.  I constantly roll even during Quiver's activation.

In the meantime another post in this thread has my mind working a little on one possibility already;

Granted this is merely an assumption.  But it's worth noting that, upon firing Ivara's 1 your weapon is actually briefly switched in the lower right from whatever it is to (Quiver).  It's possible that something like "hitting 5" during this would cause the normal functionality to become broken due to the mechanics at play.  While it's only a hunch, it is at least worth keeping in mind.

Do you, Clowee, make use of your "5" often during play sessions?  It's just a shot in the dark but anything is worth keeping in mind while trying to sort out issues such as this.  If you do utilize "5", try running a period of of missions without ever using it a single time.  See if removing one possible cause removes the issue.

As someone who's legitimately never once seen this issue it's hard for me to go about testing it extensively.  Lack of firsthand information and all.

Thank you for the suggestion, but I can rule out the 5 as I have not completed the quest for it yet.  That's not to say that it may not occur under other circumstances regarding 5 (or navigator), but this occurs without the presence of either for me.

The build I was running was primarily built around using the quiver arrows to stealth and crowd control which has me shooting a ton of arrows keeping 3 people stealthed + sleeping stuff.  It seems to me like this occurs when the latency in game is less than desirable, but not always and not to a huge extent where stuff rubberbands.  I have had this glitch also disable existing ziplines to where I can no longer attach to them.

The best description i can give you is like this:

If you tap the 1 key for your power, you'll see the charge bar begin to charge, but if you do not fully charge the ability you switch arrows but see the ability charge partially under normal circumstances. 

When the bug occurs, you tap 1 and the ability fully charges and fires automatically instead of switching.  I have also noticed that I am unable to climb on my ziplines that I setup earlier in the round when this occurs.  This is then the behavior of the ability for the rest of the round.

Edited by Clowee

The best description i can give you is like this:

If you tap the 1 key for your power, you'll see the charge bar begin to charge, but if you do not fully charge the ability you switch arrows but see the ability charge partially under normal circumstances. 

When the bug occurs, you tap 1 and the ability fully charges and fires automatically instead of switching.  I have also noticed that I am unable to climb on my ziplines that I setup earlier in the round when this occurs.  This is then the behavior of the ability for the rest of the round.

Well from the sounds of it your own build/playstyle with Ivara is quite similar to my own.  This makes it even more peculiar that you're having the issues with the Quiver becoming stuck so prevalently while I have literally never seen it.

Something else that's popped into mind now would be something regarding input delays possibly.  Generally speaking what kind of fps do you get while in-game?  Granted this too is just a shot-in-the-dark type guess on my part, but maybe the larger input lag generated by a lower fps is causing the game to think you're always holding 1 after the initial bugged occurrence.

I also have an obscure suggestion, a pair of possible workarounds.  Sadly as noted I can't exactly test either of these.  So, the next time you get stuck try one or more of these things if you have not;

• Find an area or hole which you can use to fall from the normal play area, which in turn forces you to be warped back to land somewhere.  Reason I suggest this is because that reset disables powers, so it's possible it could interfere with the bug you're experiencing.
  • Hold 1 then hit escape to open the menu while in game, then, while in the escape menu, tap 1 and then close the escape menu.  After it's been closed try tapping 1 again.  My reason for this is because hitting escape while preforming certain actions can "soft-lock" a key press.  Before channeling toggle was an option I would do this to toggle channeling.
  • Find a Nullifier, run into their bubble, and tap 1 while inside.  Again just a random thought here, I'm just trying to come up with a possible workaround for the issue.

I'll keep this in mind as I play more with Ivara.  But given the playtime I've racked up thus far without ever experiencing the same problem, I'm not really expecting to run into it yet.  Either way I hope the issue's cause can be sorted out for you.

it's likely it could occur with navigator and under other circumstances as well.  I do not use navigator, even accidentally so if there is a navigator related bug then it's likely there are many ways to break this ability.  The input lag is an interesting theory.  I do not have FPS issues and use all wired equipment.

I can rule out nullifier fixing it and fall fixing it, but I will certainly try the esc idea next time i encounter this and report back on it - that is a very interesting theory on it but it makes sense.

It certainly feels like some kind of lag on some level, like the game does not realize i'm releasing the key (which is not sticking - tested this).

Edited by Clowee

follow up for those who posted suggestions:

had the bug occur again.  Did not use navigator the entire game.

Attempted to esc + key push no success.

Rebound the key mid game to another key, no success.

got the brilliant idea to spam the key as fast as possible,  still does not allow switching of arrows, but you can see the partial charges on the window as the arrow fires.  It looks like the arrow fires but the game is trying to switch abilities as if you were rolling the mouse wheel as i saw the other abilities like prowl highlight.  Sumfin is definitly funny.  Maybe somebody can move this to bugs at this point.