The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Finally Got That Saryn Rework On Console....

(PSN)Xurokhan

I always used her like most use a Valkyr. So the miasma thing is no biggie to me. She seems so far to be as good now that way, and now I use my first three abilities more. Spore use to be a death sentence in the the dark sector PvP so I am eager to see that make a comeback. Still in my top three frames I use. Glad to see lash got some love and will build more for that now. A 25 energy miasma was a nice panic button but I understand its not fun for the team.

All you have to do is use her first ability, then spray and pray with the ignis. Now you have miasma nuke AND viral procs.

She's more awesome than she was before. Throw cunning drift on there, and you pretty much lock down the entire map.

Side note: the frame rate drop is atrocious when you start spreading spores.

Don't listen to the whiners. 

My build; 
3forma
2v 2D 1 dash

Aura; Rejuv
Exilus; Cunning Drift

Primed continuity, 5/10 blind rage, streamline, fleeting expertise, vitality, steel fiber, intensify 

all mods not listed with a rank are maxed. 

Arcanes; 10/10 grace, 10/10 guardian for 4% hp heal a second for 6 seconds and 60% armor for 20seconds

end result; 367armor, 925hp, 95% duration 184% str, 160% p.eff, 160% range 
587 armor on guardian proc if it scales off total armor (never got an answer on that it does or not) 
472 armor if it doesnt scale off total 
222hp heal every grace proc + with what rejuv heals

I've got past mins 60 on t4, t3 survivals and ceres survival and uranus survivals. 

Solo and in group. 
In group, always leaving with the most kills of in between 1k - 2k

If you want to get the most out of her spores, use the Torid since it's a DoT, AoE. 
A lot of people like ignis but the Torid I feel is more effective since you can place your shots easy. 
You can also shoot molt with it and spore it and all spores auto pop on cast for a easy transmitter. 
You can torid one enemy then spore everything around it and watch chaos spread with their death.
You can freely miasma when you feel its right but spores can rip anything apart under lv 80

Toxic Lash I activate before I miasma to gain a lot of energy back (you get energy per spore popped, you dont need to melee for the energy back you can pop them however you wish with the abil active)   

^ I heard this was fixed and unintended? I'll have to test this again. 

Miasma - super killer when you got a 4 forma Torid on your side. Procs everything with toxin, but i have mine built for viral/radi which viral still adds 100% more dmg to Miasma, not to mention it sticks on to enemies so you can spore them and have it spread very very quickly   

Molt last 38 seconds
Toxic lasts 29 seconds 
More than enough time with 160% power eff. 

People are too focused on making Saryn maxed duration for a bunch of ticks. 
I'm focused on quick playing,high burst dmg, and getting procs out asap. thats what's good about 95% duration, you arent losing much from -5% but youre gaining so..so much from that p.eff and range and str. 

and the tankiness <3

Sigh...

That's right.

You only need to shoot one Torid grenade and before it lands cast spore.

In a second you have all the screen full of numbers.

Then you can cast miasma as good as ever.

But... I'm still disapointed.

With the wiki data on hand i was hyperhype with the spore spread. Cause if 21 enemies with 3 spores pops the spores (many ways to do. All enemies must get 60 spores... But the next tic it would be 1200 spores each enemy. With a toxic damage that grows as well. Like 60 for the first 3 spores, Then 1200, 24.000... For each spore!

With Torid cloud spores pops like crazy but lvl90 eximus still laughing at me, my molt, my toxic lash, my miasma and the Torid itself.

I was expecting something that can scale to bring down a lvl 9999 eximus even with a lot of work.

I don't know what all the fussing was about! She's awesome and I haven't even settled on a build yet.

The only problem I've run into was her health nerf. I don't understand that, but her kit turned out to be awesome.

She's especially good for team play.

How I wish I wasn't a Microsoft peasant.....

AM I RIGHT XBOX'ERS?!

All you have to do is use her first ability, then spray and pray with the ignis. Now you have miasma nuke AND viral procs.

She's more awesome than she was before. Throw cunning drift on there, and you pretty much lock down the entire map.

I noticed. I wasn't sure if I had a bad host or if that was the issue.

Let's be honest here, after the post saryn rework hype on PC was done, the number of players who plays saryn dropped significantly, I've only seen ONE saryn player in the past 3 weeks on PC, and while you can say all you want about her ability to murder masses now, and how "easy" it is, in the heat of the battle, its not always practical to go through the whole combo, Saryn now is essentially the same as Nova, you use her for her abilty to halve the hp of the enemies, except instead of pressing 4 and doubling your teammate's damage, you are spreading spores to halve the hp of the enemies. 

Let's be honest here, after the post saryn rework hype on PC was done, the number of players who plays saryn dropped significantly, I've only seen ONE saryn player in the past 3 weeks on PC, and while you can say all you want about her ability to murder masses now, and how "easy" it is, in the heat of the battle, its not always practical to go through the whole combo, Saryn now is essentially the same as Nova, you use her for her abilty to halve the hp of the enemies, except instead of pressing 4 and doubling your teammate's damage, you are spreading spores to halve the hp of the enemies.

And she works great with a Nova in the party.

She's perfect for teamplay.

And to be honest, I only used miasma twice since the rework. I haven't found the need to waste time setting up a full combo.

How I wish I wasn't a Microsoft peasant.....

AM I RIGHT XBOX'ERS?!

Soon enough! Probably Monday!

Quite the contrary, I've played a long time on PC and pre-rework I only saw Saryns in invasions used by press 4 to exterminate people and never saw here anywhere else, now Saryns are poping up in all the game modes I run, She's especially awesome in any Orokin Derelict run.

Tried new saryn on sortie got a## constantly handed to me. Fricken spores wouldnt pop and constant 1 shoted by bombards. When spores did pop only did 15pts of damage. Not impressed.

Tried new saryn on sortie got a## constantly handed to me. Fricken spores wouldnt pop and constant 1 shoted by bombards. When spores did pop only did 15pts of damage. Not impressed.

Saryn 3.0 is the epitome of a selfish frame that doesn't fit into any role. Venom Dose is probably the best thing that the frame has to offer, and that's pretty sad if you ask me. Bringing less to the table than Nezha is an impressive feet if you ask me, so at least Saryn has got that going on.

If you think Nezha is unimpressive as a support frame you've never speared an entire room for 20 seconds of unbreaking CC. Bring along an Atomos and you will be a happy camper.

What build did you use?

I use:

Transient Fortitude

Intensify

Streamline

Fleeting Expertise (rank 3)

Primed continuity

Stretch

Vitality

Overextended

Aura is rejuvenation

Combine this with Zenuriks energy reg and you have a powerhouse nuking level 100 Grineer

One word:

Zenurik

CC and energy regeneration.

It's like it has been made for Saryn

Edit: if enemys are too far apart for Saryn skills to work effectively, then why are 95% of enemys affected whenever I play Saryn?

It seems like you either mod her wrong or you just look at the numbers without understanding them

I hate it when you get forced to use a certain mod or now even focus to be just 'ok'.

I used Saryn on the Grineer Interception, the Viral procs helped a lot...and thats about it. Everything else she lacks.

It wasn't really possible to get back energy for killing with Toxic Lash, not to mention the energy leechers.

Miasma wasn't of much use because there where no groups of enemys.

Molt didn't really get aggro and was actually just used for healing. (Regenerative Molt...another thing thats almost forced to be used.)

Only usefull skill was the 1 for doing Viral procs.

Every other Frame in this session did more than i was able to do with saryn (other than viral/toxic proc).

Mirrage (i think) had more utility because of her stun AND damage.

Needless to say...i felt pretty useless. :(

saryn this nerfed and final point is more accepting than staying in illusion.

I used to think that too until , as i said previously, i was able to take down enemies level 100 with just intensify, the old saryn wasn't even able to kill enemies lvl 60 , so it's not really a nerf she just works differently and she now can deal way more damage than before, if anything she's not a nuker frame anymore and that's really not a bad thing as that title only gave her a bad reputation.

Edited by (PS4)EvilFlowerChild

I used to think that too until , as i said previously, i was able to take down enemies level 100 with just intensify, the old saryn wasn't even able to kill enemies lvl 60 , so it's not really a nerf she just works differently and she now can deal way more damage than before, if anything she's not a nuker frame anymore and that's really not a bad thing as that title only gave her a bad reputation.

Yeah she maybe scales in late game now and her kit plays nicely, what is good. But she sits so akwardly in the middle with the 'jack of all, master of none' that it isn't a great improvement either.

Sure she has some sweet damage potential.

Problem of her damage is still though that it doesn´t ignore certain things like stacked healers aura and high dr.

I don´t understand DE here. That´s such a obvious problem for the char so why is there no solution to this build in IN Saryn.

Or why does she have a in build mechanic that hinders her to stack toxic procs that everytime a spore pops only new toxic procs are used for new spore pops damage. It doesn´t make sense other than Scott feared her damage potential.

I think it's worth noting that the Saryn console players received was the one that PC players only got after several hotfixes to change how she worked.

The initial Saryn we got was underwhelming to say the least. After being tweaked she's OK, but still a bit on the fragile side considering how close you need to get to enemies and how long you need to stay there to get her power synergies rolling.

Try changing your energy color to something transparent or black, it seems to help quite a bit with that problem.

My personal opinion is that she is now seriously fun to play. Before changing anything, I took my Miasma build into a Corpus survival with a Torid. Still put down molts with spores and launched the Torid at them. Set them off and hit Miasma, it still did quite a bit of damage without doing anything really special and that was with out melee. I'm looking forward to tweaking my builds to see what she can really do now if not changing it still was that promising. LOL

Edited by (PS4)CowboyJeff72