Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lets Talk About The Dera Vandal

sLashx189

ok so i just got out of a game and i was using a braton prime, i thought a hit scan weapon would be able to out-gun a dera vandal since projectiles and such, was i wrong, the thing with both flight speed mods is near to hit scan, it outgunned my boltor prime, braton prime, some prime, etc..... could u pls reduce the flight speed or dmg at least? the guy in ffa said just dodge them xD as i was using a rhino with negative mobility, srry if i sound like i want to nerf this thing to the ground but i just dont want it to out shine everything :L or if u can bring every other weapon to its ranks, which i personally wouldnt like cause i kinda like the halo style ttk but if that is the only solution, i would gladly accept it, though i would hate it :/, 

P.S: pls dnt hate on me xD

Edited by Haldos
Removed spacing.

The Dera Vandal is exceptionally diffulcult to get (for PC players).

Without trading for parts, which many refuse to do so they can sell the complete set, which is completely understandable given its potential value... It should be better than both of those guns.

In my opinion, I couldn't be happier that it out guns your precious Soma and Bolter P.

Terrible weapons that are crutches to many players. Again, this last is just my opinion!

Not all weapons are equal in this game, and that will probably remain true.

this should not be the case, DE should really step up there game and actually play pvp often to see the downsides and the unbalanced stuff in conclave, like atlas's 1st stunlock ability and knockdown immunity, or ember's WOF lock on, etc..... so much problems yet they still exsist, which is THE PROBLEM of conclave

Without trading for parts, which many refuse to do so they can sell the complete set, which is completely understandable given its potential value... It should be better than both of those guns.

In my opinion, I couldn't be happier that it out guns your precious Soma and Bolter P.

Terrible weapons that are crutches to many players. Again, this last is just my opinion!

you see thats the problem, out gunning other weapons in any situation is terrible gameplay, it should be a close to medium range weapon, nothing more, soma is not so good in close range and boltor prime is not so good a long range, but dera vandal shines in everything, unless u have a fast frame that can dodge everything xD

Keep in mind, the braton series has been nerfed like, 5 times in a row.

You can't expect it to function well anymore.

You are better off using the dera, latron, sybaris, gorgon, really any other rifle series.

i usually use a latron prime but even that kneels towards the godlike dera vandal, all i want is it to get a balance improvement

Projectiles should outgun hitscan.  It takes more skill to use projectile weapons.  If you were having trouble because you're using negative mobility, then maybe you need to check your strategy.

In comparison to the Boltor Prime (both Dera V and Boltor P have 60 mag size), the Dera V (IPS 4.3/16.3/1.1) has an overall DPS of 244, whereas the Boltor P (IPS 2.6/23.8/0) is 264.  Not sure about the actual values due to IPS.  It's only a 11.25 vs 10 RoF difference between the two.

It just sounds like you haven't gone against a decent Boltor user, yet.

None of the guns should be strictly better than any other, but it's more important that rare variants aren't directly stronger because then the player with the rarer gun has the advantage, instead of the player with slightly more skill. The Dera Vandal has relatively large magazine size buff compared to the vanilla version, but only 1 or 2 less base damage, which doesn't compensate for being able to shoot it longer. At least not in my experience.

That said, the main reason players with the Dera would be killing OP is because the Dera is actually accurate, unlike every auto hitscan weapon. The reason the TTK when being killed by a player with the Dera feels so much shorter is because more of their shots connect. If they used almost any other weapon, it's natural inaccuracy would lead to about half their shots just missing for no reason if they weren't zooming in or standing point blank to you. 

None of the guns should be strictly better than any other, but it's more important that rare variants aren't directly stronger because then the player with the rarer gun has the advantage, instead of the player with slightly more skill. The Dera Vandal has relatively large magazine size buff compared to the vanilla version, but only 1 or 2 less base damage, which doesn't compensate for being able to shoot it longer. At least not in my experience.

That said, the main reason players with the Dera would be killing OP is because the Dera is actually accurate, unlike every auto hitscan weapon. The reason the TTK when being killed by a player with the Dera feels so much shorter is because more of their shots connect. If they used almost any other weapon, it's natural inaccuracy would lead to about half their shots just missing for no reason if they weren't zooming in or standing point blank to you. 

Kinda surprised people haven't complained about the Tetra.  Tetra has an projectile speed mod, and combined with the other projectile speed mod and aim-glide field of view mod, the Tetra is pretty much hitscan with projectile-based damage.

It's like...Dera is a flavor of the week or something.  I dunno.

maybe u are the 1 using tht broken wep not braton...prove tht u wreck ppl using braton video please

Yes, imma using it. Prove that I'm not wrecking Deras with Braton?

Same thing happened when Strun Wraith came out again, everyone used it, everyone else complained.

Despite the fact that Prime/Vandal/Wraith series are slightly weaker in terms of damage than the originals, true.

I recently got back to conclave after a longer break. I see many people using the Dera Vandal, I haven't seen it being a problem quite honestly. The regular Dera was pretty much just as good (I used it for a long time) and no one complained about that.

Seems to be that when a weapon gets used by more than just every 20th player they encounter and get killed by it multiple times it's considered as broken. It's only fair a projectile weapon kills you faster than a hitscan weapon.

Dera Vandal is okay. It's definitely pretty good compared to a lot of other choices, but it's not the worst offender I've seen as far as turning a kill fodder player into top scoreboard leader just by placing the weapon into their hands. There are definitely guns like that in conclave though.

Dera Vandal is okay. It's definitely pretty good compared to a lot of other choices, but it's not the worst offender I've seen as far as turning a kill fodder player into top scoreboard leader just by placing the weapon into their hands. There are definitely guns like that in conclave though.

It's been toned down a lot since the recent changes.

It's where the braton use to be, a solid, upper middle preformer.

Now the braton series is a pea shooter :p

1. DeraV is overused

2. Using Vectis and dodging/ running away from Dera makes you a rat?

3. Dera V outguns everything and is the easiest projectile gun to handle (at least usual Dera is) .

I think it needs to be put into oblivion and then rebalanced. It outguns Tetra which is projectile weapon and slower one.

1. DeraV is overused

2. Using Vectis and dodging/ running away from Dera makes you a rat?

3. Dera V outguns everything and is the easiest projectile gun to handle (at least usual Dera is) .

I think it needs to be put into oblivion and then rebalanced. It outguns Tetra which is projectile weapon and slower one.

No one uses the tetra without the projectile speed mod.