The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Discussion/suggestion]About Stealth

Oleker

The stealth in the game is kinda broken at the moment (GU8). Not the GU8 that broked it, but always was like a secondary thing on the game, even for stealth based warframes.

The enemies almost instantly spot you and alert the entire ship. The "main problem" is here. The alert provided by the npc is to fast. No animation, no cool down or even a little time to kill him. The npc not even touch the terminal and the alert is up.

We need something to give the player a room to prevent or even block the terminals from alerting. But not only a kill option. The npc needs to take a few seconds to rise the alert, like about 5~10 secs. Meaning the time that him takes to open and turn on the system. Also an additional usage for ciphers or a new accessory, allowing them to hack a single terminal totally preventing that one to rise alerts or lock down rooms.

Even missions with more "stealth" role do not reward the player for staying unnoticed, always ending with frenetic fire fight totally forgiving the stealth of the mission.

Deception and Spy missions are mainly stealth but don't rewards the player for being stealthy.

Raid, Sabotage, Rescue and Capture should give a bonus if players complete them unnoticed by enemies.

Please, discuss constructively...

I agree. I always try to shoot enemies before/while they are activating the terminal but it rarely ever stops the alert. It would be cool if there was a slight delay between them activating the terminal and setting off the alert. It would also be cool if the alert started off specific to the room / area it was set off and if not shut down ( through hacking the activated terminal ) then it goes shipwide. Adding a timer hud element for this would also add some great feedback and stress to the mechanic.

Edited by Varelze

Bumb... No one to discuss this? ¬.¬''

I agree. I always try to shoot enemies before/while they are activating the terminal but it rarely ever stops the alert. It would be cool if there was a slight delay between them activating the terminal and setting off the alert. It would also be cool if the alert started off specific to the room / area it was set off and if not shut down ( through hacking the activated terminal ) then it goes shipwide. Adding a timer hud element for this would also add some great feedback and stress to the mechanic.

Agree, would be cool to have something to deactivate the alert and return the ship to "no intruder" status.

I don't think it is realistic to have an alarm that takes long to be activated. Alarms are supposed to be quick, activated with the push of one button. What can be done to improve stealth is add a middle ground between full alerted and unalerted enemies, right now it's kind of a binary system, theres no middle ground where enemies investigate a noise or something like that, they see you instantly and go running to the alarm. Maybe add a light meter to know how well you are hidden in the dark, like the light gem in the Thief series. So you could try to stay in the dark and avoid enemies seeing you.