The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoiler] Best Way To Get Focus Points (Share Your Results) Community Topic

Drag0nChaser

Question

So the latest topics are off 5 december, we are a bit further into this and we all have a lens installed now.

Hope we can share our results now more accurately, i also feel like things were nerfed but not sure.

What this topic is about: Share your lens setup, spot where you get your points, amount of points.

sLens: Small lens

gLens: Greater lens

Format

Lens gear: sLens Ember + sLens Tonkor

Spot: Draco 4 rounds

Average points: 3-4k

Lets work on this thread together, follow this thread and share your results for the best possible setup.

Best setup will be posted in the original post (here).

Goodluck Tenno!

Edited by Drag0nChaser

I detest the Draco farming paradigm.

Loki - Lex Prime - Dragon Nikana

Ceres - Hapke

Average ~2k per minute with occasional drops due to random alerted mobs that shouldn't be. (thanks for the "fix" DE)

(regular lenses - no booster)

Edit:

Read MrJxt's post below -- averaging around 4-5k per minute.

Edited by xethier

Mag (Prime) - Greater Lens

Outer Terminus 20 rounds

Average: 24k- No Booster

I usually run this with my boyfriend who plays day form Equinox and uses her 4th ability to clear the stragglers. Leaves us both with a hefty amount of Focus at the end. 

Ember (Prime) Greater Lens

Draco 4 rounds

Average: 26k with no booster

Ash (Prime) Greater Lens

Draco 4 rounds

Average: 25-29k no booster. 

Edited by xZetsumeix

Lens Gear :Greater Zenruik on AOE nuke frame. 

Spot: not telling, but there are plenty to find and i am kind a lazy to search for more efficient ones.

Average daily cap: 31 min with a booster by being semi-afk and doing smtn else on 2nd monitor. (so an hour or so without one) in 1 mission.

Ember P with greater lens seems to be the most straightforward. Just wish I didn't dislike Ember so much. 

Any tips / insights on the Loki stealth methods?

run spy, finish the objectives, then wander around the map murdering as you see fit.

duration / invis build w/ hushed invisibility makes this a no-brainer.

edit:

Read MrJxt's post below, much better method.

Edited by xethier

Ash (Prime) Greater Lens

Draco 4 rounds

Average: 25-29k no booster. 

This works best for me as well. And it also takes the least effort since just spamming Bladestorm is as easy as it gets. Those syndicate defense/interception missions are nice too since getting syndicate rep and focus all in one is sweet.

Ker (Deception), Ceres

Camp the room where you upload the datamass. Run around the room and stealth kill with melee or snipe from the tower.

Mod for corrosive damage because there are plenty of commanders and heavy gunners.

Edited by MrJxt

Lens Gear :Greater Zenruik on AOE nuke frame. 

Spot: not telling, but there are plenty to find and i am kind a lazy to search for more efficient ones.

Average daily cap: 31 min with a booster by being semi-afk and doing smtn else on 2nd monitor. (so an hour or so without one) in 1 mission.

What's with the "not telling" dude. Might as well not posting.

Ker (Deception), Ceres

Camp the room where you upload the datamass. Run around the room and stealth kill with melee or snipe from the tower.

Mod for corrosive damage because there are plenty of commanders and heavy gunners.

^^ this is teh awesome.

Thanks MrJxt, this has become my new favorite. =D

What's with the "not telling" dude. Might as well not posting.

i encourage you to research, put some effort into discovery of farming methods, without giving u a straight  answer which might trigger another knee-jerk nerf from DE, if it gets popular (4th in a row i guess). I'm sorry, but i don't like wasting time on constant rat races with DE of me (or other Tenno) researching some aspects of the game, putting time and effort into it, only for it to get smashed by nerfhammer a couple days later, WITHOUT ANY IMPROVEMENTS to the system AT ALL. 

I see people advocating either Draco as a sole DPS or only stealth, while there are other methods as well, that is all. I haven't even bothered to explore all the possibilities, since i've found a decent enough method without breaking too much sweat. What are u going to do from now on is up to you pretty much. 

Edited by b0_on

i encourage you to research, put some effort into discovery of farming methods, without giving u a straight  answer which might trigger another knee-jerk nerf from DE, if it gets popular (4th in a row i guess). I'm sorry, but i don't like wasting time on constant rat races with DE of me (or other Tenno) researching some aspects of the game, putting time and effort into it, only for it to get smashed by nerfhammer a couple days later, WITHOUT ANY IMPROVEMENTS to the system AT ALL. 

I see people advocating either Draco as a sole DPS or only stealth, while there are other methods as well, that is all. I haven't even bothered to explore all the possibilities, since i've found a decent enough method without breaking too much sweat. What are u going to do from now on is up to you pretty much. 

the point others were making is that the entire thread was "where is" and "what are" your setups for attaining focus.

coming on here and "i'm not tellin'" is:

a) unhelpful 

b) pointless 

we have no way of verifying what you're saying and you're not furthering the conversation.

your response is equally unhelpful (although i agree with your logic, if you're unwilling to discuss this with the community, you really shouldn't have posted to begin with, as all you're doing is boasting)

Loki (Prime) - Normal lens

War (Cleaving Whirlwind) - Normal lens

Spot : Sedna - Rusalka (Deception)

Slaughter everything in the datamass room for 30-40 minutes to reach cap without booster.

Edited by Seraziel

the point others were making is that the entire thread was "where is" and "what are" your setups for attaining focus.

coming on here and "i'm not tellin'" is:

a) unhelpful 

b) pointless 

we have no way of verifying what you're saying and you're not furthering the conversation.

your response is equally unhelpful (although i agree with your logic, if you're unwilling to discuss this with the community, you really shouldn't have posted to begin with, as all you're doing is boasting)

I gave enough information in my opinion, if u would put some thoughts into what was provided you would see that the method to gain cap includes AOE nuke frame (mass kills obviously), place does not matter that much (which means there are several at least and it has to do with core game mechanics) and semi-afk means that u just ocassionaly have to make a lap around to gather loot/energy and somewhat keep an eye for "fat enemies"/accidents, while doing other things on 2nd monitor (again, depends on the node). 

By combining this all u would get a method, which involves mass murdering of enemies, which do not scale, thus narrowing the possible game modes even more. That is called "effort and research", this is also why schools work the way they are, they could provide you with a straight up answers for equations and such, but learning how to work it out by yourself will secure your knowledge on how to proceed in the future when a similar situation arises. 

You know, the old :"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, give him a rod a teach him fishing and he will eat for the rest of his life" type of thing. 

I also disagree with the possible notion of lying - what is there to gain exactly, especially considering i provided more than enough info in general? :/ 

As for the reason of my post, it mostly had to do with giving people hints that there are OTHER possibilities to farm focus relatively easy, so they might deviate from the usual Draco/Stealth Loki+Ivara in case they are sick and tired of it + a more selfish reason,  hoping that this might decrease whining of the community on the forums about untying Focus from Affinity altogether (challenges and other S#&$). I play PvP and plenty of "challenges" were stupid to begin with with very little you could do from your side, although they are getting fixed one by one, so i would compliment PvP team on that. The problem obviously is the fact that PvP and PvE team has different speed and field of work (PvE guys obviously has to divert their attention to general game, bugs, new frames, weapons, tiles, missions, quests and other S#&$), thus if new "prototype/twist" system is implemented and its something really stupid, it would take weeks/months of community whining on forums to get anything done. 

I take it there are enough examples of abandoned/semi-abandoned S#&$ or "reworks/quality of life improvements" which makes things worse than before and it takes months for DE to come back to fix it (if they choose to do so in the first place), because "they need to gather data and let things marinate".

Its a bit sad to see 3 consecutive knee-jerk nerfs to farming methods, which break some gamemodes along the way affecting people who are not even related to the "Spoiler" in the first place, without anything to offer in return and with the Timewall already in place. We Physically can't get more than 75k Focus per day, so what is being told to us indirectly, is that if u find an efficient method of farming, we would immediately get rid of it and continue to do so, until you exhaust your options, then we might remove the cap. 

Is this the environment for sharing and caring in "the year of lessening the grind"? Honestly, it would not surprise me to see another nerf, since i already gave away more than enough information, but i guess it would be amusing to read forums after the fact, since DE will fail to see side effects of these nerfs yet again :D

Edited by b0_on

-snip for brevity-

Using solo survival / defense / mobile defense would work just fine with a nuke frame and a semi-decent player, but it still smacks of Draco-type mass murder farming, zero skill, mindless rote effort. (sadly, DE seems to want to promote that style of PvE play)

Never said lying, just boasting. :P 

I'm not a pvp player. (if i wanna pvp, i'll play a game designed around and built for it)

I entirely agree with your last 3 paragraphs. DE has really decided to be a pain in the neck to players when it comes to grind. I was expecting something to be done about the Void's grind, but that's only become worse. Apparently the word "lessening" has a different meaning to DE than it does to me.

This may sound noobish but:

Gear: Loki Prime (Loki will obviously do, lens on him would be great but I don't have one on him yet) + Greater Vazarin Lens Vectis w/ Hush and ranked/forma'd for reliable lethality

Ludi, Ceres

Average: 3-6.5 k per mission lasting about 5-10 minutes depending on how long you can remain undetected and what your rhythm is like. 

---

To replicate: Go invisible, ready weapon, take your shots and remember to tap reload just after the bullet leaves the chamber- this isn't a bug or anything it's just that the Vectis has a very fast response when you manually reload as opposed to letting it happen on it's own. Once you get a rhythm down the Sniper Buffs should do the rest of the work just ensure that you hit your mark and don't be seen. The Stealth Combo XP boost should stack up nicely. If you find that you cannot surmount the more hefty bombards and gunners then just sneak up behind them and melee finisher them- usually this is a one hit kill. You may not get the focus points for it BUT you can still sustain your stealth kill streak boost and save yourself some ammo too.

This sound super easy but it's pretty fun actually and you really have to do some quick shooting to optimize your window of invisibility. I used to think of my Vectis as an Anti-Tank rifle, slow and lumbering but after playing like this I find it's more like an oversized revolver. 

Greater Lens on an Excalibur or Saryn, go to Draco and kill everything (Radial Javelin, Miasma). Standard Rep/Exp farm team setup. Gets around 7-8k for 4 rounds. You could also do exterminate on Pluto or Ceres, stealth kill the whole lot with a Greater Lens on your melee weapon. Around 4k per run if you stealth all of them.

WOF Ember Slens

Draco 4 waves

-----------------------

Ult Ash Glens

Draco 4 waves

15-24k

dependend if i get killstealed, 20k average is doable, bring overextended, you do enough damage, so far i find ash the best as it makes it tougher for others to KS. Ember was fine but i noticed at this point other people bring harder hitting frames and cant take the kill with max str.

What setup do trins use btw to get that 20k plus?

Edited by Drag0nChaser

something differant

Ember P g Lens

Sedna, Graeae (mobile defense)

Mission with 2 objectives, and follows with the defense of the artifact. after the defense you can go back to one of the consoles and camp out

25 minutes, 800 kills, 13k Focus.  Some people have reported 2000 kills + and more focus.

Edited by kkinnison

Greater Lens : Excal

Draco with EV trin for energy, rhino for roar and Frost with freeze force.  The freeze force and roar make a massive difference to excals time to kill.

Run as per normal, last night did round 1 slow, 2 was half slow half 4 cap, 3 was 4 cap, 4 slow and still had over 3k kills with focus maxed for the day without booster.

Also I only run this way for focus as I do not get a lot of time to play each day so just try to knock it out as quick as possible.

Edited by Robj414

Excal + Greater lens .. draco 

4 rounds ( capping 3 towers each round ) gets around 60k

3 rounds ( capping 2 towers each round ) gets the daily cap .. maybe a bit more

Edit : forgot to mention the number of kills .. with 4 rounds, capping 3 towers I got around 2500 kills

with 3 slow rounds I got 3400 I think

I also tried mag in a sortie mission before ( the early days when the defense was still 20 waves ) and got around 10k I think with a normal lens

Edited by _Medo_