The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Build

CptShallow

Question

Welp, I need to know how I can build Frost Prime. I understand that he has many uses since his rework gave him more utility with his other skills besides just being used for Snow Globe. I would like to have a build that makes use of his other CC abilities besides just spamming a Snow Globe here and there. Ice Wave Impedance I hear is useful for CC and slowing other enemies down. I don't have issues with utilizing syndicate mods but I would like to know how the community uses Frost. I dont care how many forma or how many builds you guys got because I wanna be able to get into a mission and CC the **** out of everything whether it be it Void, Sortie, or casual mission.

Thanks again guys you are the best.

8 answers to this question

This is a build I'm using for Frost currently. (Mostly for farming cores on Triton and Hieracon)

3lgwgRE.jpg

I didn't want him to get a deficit in any of stats, but if you wanted more efficiency you can replace Primed Cont for Streamline and not get that much of a loss in duration and still keep the range. And you could change the augment from Chilling to Impedance if you want to be more active as a frost player. 

If I was doing to do hardcore farming for cores, I prob would take off stretch, replace it with streamline.

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=580216938 is my Frost Prime build. and I wear the Arcane Aurora helm for more Armour

Max Rejuvenation

Max Fleeting Expertise

Max Redirection

Max Vitality

Max Steel Fibre

Max Armoured Agility

Max Stretch

Max Chilling Globe

R7 Transient Fortitude

R5 Ice Spring

2 forma

Exilus'd

I bring this guy to Sorties to solo with. Ice Wave and Avalanche become my 2 main damage abilities, and Snowglobe becomes my "hold this position" defense. I don't get much duration at all, but with the Slow from Ice Wave and Snowglobe I don't particularly need it.

I do recommend having a build with more Duration though, just in case you find mine hard to work with

Overextended Rank 4, Freeze Force maxed, Prime Cont, Prime Flow, Redirection, Steel Fiber, fleeting and intensify. 

Aura cp, Exilus - waever u want really. 

I like this build caz its a spammable globe, which gives room to move around in Def mission and others + Range helps for Avalanche and stuff + i also think Chilling Globe is kind a useless since the change to push out enemies from insides upon casting globe makes the mod redundant.

Freeze Force is jsut a straight damage buff for allies, which is always welcome, but if u dont like pressing a lot of buttons and aiming and people running around, u can change the build and remove Freeze Force and Prime Cont for smtn else ^_^ 

Its sort of a all-round build, designed for pretty much anything. 

P.S: Alternatively u can prolly substitute Overextended with Stretch + Cunning Drift and its still would be good, without the downside of loosing power strength.

Edited by b0_on

Frost is a frame u can Do more takticals than some frames. U can make one globe badass or more globes to survive! IT is to u. I formered my Frost 6x to make him endgame for survive and to survive in defense missions. IT is a frame with tactical and badass damage skills. U can Do if u want. U can support,defend and survive aß well like the other frames. In some missions every frame can survive easier but with Frost every Mission to end game is possible ;) u have to know how his skills work and how u can take out every advantage from his abilities.my frame is going to strength and efficiency. Little duration or range are optional!