Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino Stomp underwhelming.

Nirrti

This probably has been mentioned before, but the Rhino Stomp seems rather underwhelming compared to other "ultimate" abilities the other warframes have, for example:

Loki has Radial Disarm, causing enemies around you to switch to melee. Excalibur has Radial Javelin, doing massive damage in AoE. Volt has Overload, which does both AoE damage and causes electronics to explode and damage enemies. Ember has World on Fire, doing high DoT. Mag has Crush, killing enemies in close proximity, or doing at least very high damage. Ash has Blade Storm, teleporting around and slashing close by enemies. And Trinity has Blessing, which regenerates health and shields of all allies, and grants temporary invulnerability.

And what does Rhino have? A stomp that temporarily(way too short of a duration) disables enemies nearby, causing them to slowly drift through the air, then suddenly drop to ground and get back up, while dealing seemingly no damage whatsoever. The enemy movement during the stasis is too erratic for you to damage them with melee or ranged weapons enough for it to warrant for the 100 energy. I mean, why should I use the Rhino Stomp when I can use Radial Blast which uses 75 energy, has close to the same AoE as the stomp, and actually does damage and knocks down enemies.

I think the stomp should grant possibly a damage bonus against all enemies caught in it, because currently there's just no reason whatsoever to waste 100 energy on it when Radial Blast uses 75 energy and does more or less the same job, except better.

Edited by Nirrti

I think the stomp should grant possibly a damage bonus against all enemies caught in it, because currently there's just no reason whatsoever to waste 100 energy on it when Radial Blast uses 75 energy and does more or less the same job, except better.

Because if you use Rhino Stomp and then mag dump a Gorgon or HEK into a boss's face it'll instantly kill them? The enemy movement during stasis is so predictably slow you don't lose much, if any DPS from missed shots. The stun length is a bit short but eh... you takes your Warframes and gets your duds.

I think every frame right now has at least 1 'dud' power which really, really needs looking at.

Edited by MJ12

Because if you use Rhino Stomp and then mag dump a Gorgon or HEK into a boss's face it'll instantly kill them? The enemy movement during stasis is so predictably slow you don't lose much, if any DPS from missed shots. The stun length is a bit short but eh... you takes your Warframes and gets your duds.

I think every frame right now has at least 1 'dud' power which really, really needs looking at.

Or you could just use rhino charge to knock the boss down for 4 times(using the same 100 energy), which grants you longer time (total, plus doing the charge damage) to shoot at the boss.

Edited by Nirrti

Or you could just use rhino charge to knock the boss down for 4 times(using the same 100 energy), which grants you longer time (total, plus doing the charge damage) to shoot at the boss.

I've done that. Rhino Stomp is still better, because the delay from Rhino Charge's recovery and cast allow the boss to regen shields, and the boss's slow trajectory means you can empty the entire magazine into his face.

maxed out my Rhino and been using Stomp for mass crowd control... yes it doesnt instantly kills mobs but its there for some reason... i just use it for fun when im using skana... Stomp then start slicing em all...

yes the Radial Blast is more powerful than Stomp, my Rhino can instantly kill mobs with it but when it comes to a boss i prefer Stomp cause it stagger the boss a much longer time and that means more DPS...

You could just use Rhino skin and mag dump for 40 seconds for the same cost.

Rhino stomp would be fun if you could reliably melee people in the air.

Edited by t3st

Rhino's stomp isn't necessarily a damaging ability because (at least to me) it seems to be more of a crowd control ability. Rhino stomp on a group of enemies and let your buddies shoot them as they float through the air. Much more interesting and fun than Excalibur's "Everything goes bright and everyone dies" 4th skill.

I also think Rhino Stomp is a bit disapointment. it a decent CC but no way worth 100 enegry.

Srsly wht use Stomp or charge on boss when you can use rhino Skin twice for 100 enegry. ( Skin last around 15 ish second per use)

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone with maxed out Rhino Stomp and maxed out Radial Blast test out how much damage those skills do on a Ceres green grineer or infested after the latest patch?

Ditto, I have been wondering what the numbers are behind Rhino's abilities. Anybody have an accurate duration for maxed Iron Skin? I have heard everything from around 8 seconds to around 15 seconds or more. Come to think of it, why are these most basic stats not present in some form within the Arsenal/Market UI? Hopefully it comes with the overall warframe stats sheet that has been discussed already.