Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unable To Alt+Tab Out Of The Game

Adaptor-Face

Question

When i try to alt+tab out of the game, it refuses to lose focus. To be able to alt+tab i have to press start then do the alt+tabbing. this only happens when i play on my laptop, something i dont do unless im not at home with my rig.

The laptop in question:

Alienware M17x R4 with windows 7

Intel i7 3630QM quad procesor @ 2,4GHz

Nvidia GTX 675M

8 GB of RAM

2 harddrives (non raid config)

mouse is my only connected device

Game is run in borderless window (alt+tab is also disabled in fullscreen) with quality settings at max, besides some prefrence settings (like DoF, motion blur and bloom)

This problem is only in warframe on my laptop (tried optimizing, will try verifying before going to bed if a solution does not come up (3,6/0,6 MBit D/U connection where i am now)

anyone got any ideas what might cause this?

Things i have tried so far: reinstalled nvidia drivers, verified the game files and optimized them.

important note: i can alt tab ONCE, then it locks up, alt tabing to desktop works fine (for some reason)

Found the culprit: it was Display Fusion, which is weird because i run the same on both pcs. It should also not do something like this and lastly why only warframe?
Edited by Adaptor-Face

9 answers to this question

old, but no gold, warframe often has problems with tapping out. mostly while loading screen or so the game will freeze with black screen for me and some friends.

if i am idleing in menues sometimes warframe will freeze to. no other app did so, but hey warframe is special... :D

anyone got any ideas what might cause this?

I actually had this problem crop up fairly recently, and it turned out to be conflicting settings between the game's settings, and the NVIDIA GeForce Experience settings for the application. GeForce had WF set to fullscreen, which was preventing the proper tab-out. 

If you have any software controlling your game settings try disabling it for WF (or allow the program to control the settings, or double check they match up) and maybe it'll clear up for you.

I actually had this problem crop up fairly recently, and it turned out to be conflicting settings between the game's settings, and the NVIDIA GeForce Experience settings for the application. GeForce had WF set to fullscreen, which was preventing the proper tab-out. 

If you have any software controlling your game settings try disabling it for WF (or allow the program to control the settings, or double check they match up) and maybe it'll clear up for you.

nope, no dice. both the control panel and nvidia experience was set to program controlled.

Edited by Adaptor-Face

Things i have tried so far: reinstalled nvidia drivers, verified the game files and optimized them.

important note: i can alt tab ONCE, then it locks up, alt tabing to desktop works fine (for some reason)

Found the culprit: it was Display Fusion, which is weird because i run the same on both pcs. It should also not do something like this and lastly why only warframe?

Edited by Adaptor-Face