Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thunderbolt

Juttyjut69

Would love to know some quick stats about this mod.. Didn't quite know if this was the apropriate thread or not but I'll give it a whirl. I know that it gives the bow a 30% chance to have the arrow do 250 base explosion damage. However Is that 250 flat, or is it it's new base damage, saying that If I have a maxed serration and my Thunderbolt goes off it will do 662.5 damage.

Would 250 be placed into the "base damage" slot of a formula for calculating damage per shot?

Would love to know some quick stats about this mod.. Didn't quite know if this was the apropriate thread or not but I'll give it a whirl. I know that it gives the bow a 30% chance to have the arrow do 250 base explosion damage. However Is that 250 flat, or is it it's new base damage, saying that If I have a maxed serration and my Thunderbolt goes off it will do 662.5 damage.

Would 250 be placed into the "base damage" slot of a formula for calculating damage per shot?

It only means you have a 30% chance of doing 250 extra damage with your arrow. No change to your base stats

Ok so what you're saying is that "say its on dread" the base damage would be 60 (use the formula to come up with 3741 damage a shot) and then on top of that, add 250 damage to enemies in the blast radius of the explosion

Combining Thunderbolt with a high multishot means an even higher chance of getting an explosion each time. Also, one of the elements in your bow will be randomly selected to apply to the explosion's damage, but won't add damage. I notice however ice or fire seem to be the most frequent, but that may be related to my mod rank ratios.

A 90% Split Chamber with a fully ranked 30% Thunderbolt means a roughly 57% chance of an explosion, and the main reason you want an explosion is for AoE damage. Plus, it's unaffected by your draw strength, so an uncharged arrow will still do 250 damage.

Yeah.. I thought that the 250 had replaced the 60 in a formula.. but i guess not.. i see a 460...as the damage.. which is fairly lackluster when your other shots were doing 1.7k...

Edited by Juttyjut69

Thunderbolt used to be insane when it came out since all the damage mods applied. They "fixed" it to work as intended. I wonder about that...

Anyway, for this mod to be any viable to use it needs to scale somewhat with the other mods, have it get perhaps half of what other mods give to normal arrows. I agree that the way it was when it came out was absurd (killing several lv 70 ancients in one arrow), but now It hardly justifies a slot.

But i still agree that Thunderbolt is probably the best way to kill self in close range, but sure it works at lower levels since the area of effect is huge, but who would not want to shoot exploding arrows!, sure totally gets slot from my dread.

Thunderbolt is definitely worthwhile to pick up if you enjoy using the bow. However, it is only fully utilized with a max Split chamber. If you love using the bow (paris or dread), this is one of those must-haves for the fun that it brings.

It also allows more interesting gameplay methods to be utilized, such as the one depicted in the following video link:

In case you are wondering, around 2:05 in the video, you can get a glimpse of the radius that Thunderbolt's explosion provides.

Side note:

Thunderbolt does not work properly when you are not host. If you strike an enemy with an arrow and see the explosion occur, you will only deal damage to adjacent targets if you are hosting.