Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About Paygarden (The +50% Platinum Offer W/ Gift Cards)

AEP8FlyBoy

I've seen a little bit about this already, on some other threads.

I just wanted to say, that I was looking forward to getting some extra platinum for the end of this year. But the way to acquire it seems like it isn't worth the effort.

First off, I have to purchase a gift card (which is pretty easy). Secondly, as I was aiming for the $50 platinum pack, I'd expect to put around that much on my card. But no... apparently PayGarden is charging a fee on the back end that we don't even know about. You just get a message that there isn't enough money on your card (when you assumed there was), and the transaction automatically cancels.

Now, I don't mind there being a small added fee for processing on PayGarden's side, and I understand that it's a general rule to have just a tad more money on your card than for what you expect to buy. But why not tell us what that value is, so I don't have to estimate and ultimately over-allocate my money into a gift card. I just wanted to buy platinum, I don't want an overage I have to assume is there.

So I've decided in the end, I will wait for a more reliable method, such as a discount coupon, and then I'll just buy it on my credit card...

That could be months, but hey, it's better than guessing right?

This whole thing is a bit discouraging, and I've already talked with PayGarden about it via live chat. They said there were added fees, so I waited for a few seconds expecting an elaboration. But the chat session was ultimately closed before I received an answer.

Very nice customer service, I'd say... (sarcasm)

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

It's 60% fee, I tried to buy the 100$ pack and it was charging me 166$. It's terrible because they don't even disclose the fee before hand

Sorry to hear that, man.

I'd try to get a refund if that's the case. (If you did actually put money into a gift card. Or just spend it on something else you'd like)

I was expecting it to be high... but 60%... that's just downright asinine...

I suppose that explains why my chat session was closed nearly immediately after I asked about it... Jeez.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

Posted Today, 11:16 PM

I received a gift card for the $50.00. I tried to redeem it and also got the same info. They didn't know how much the fee was, at first the person I spoke with said it was a small fee, then this is how our conversation on PayGarden Support  went:

Me:I received a gift card, I am trying to redeem but I'm told there is not inough on the card?

Ana: Hello. Paygarden, the payment systen for gift cards, may take quite high fees.It automatically checks the card balance and shows whether the        transaction may be processed.      

Me: how high fees do u take?  I mean that should be told to the consumer up front don't you think? How much would be taken for my card?

Ana:  Unfortunately we do not knkow the exact amount of the fee because it is not taken at our end. Please contact PayGarden support.

Me: I called, they refused to give me an answer. this practice is very misleading, it is more of a scam to the consumer!

Ana: Please top up your card or choose less expensive purchase complete the payment.

Me:  Not without knowing how much the transaction fee is. This is improper business practice.

Ana:  This type of gift card can be redeemed only once and only fully.  1: Enter the gift card details and click " Check Balance" to get a trade- in- offer. This will NOT charge your card.  2. View offer to trade in hour gift card for in-game balance to apply towards your purchase.  3.  Click "Pay Now" to accept offer and receive credits instantly. You forfeit ownership of the full remaining card balance.

Me:  I know my balance, you still have not told me the fee that will be charged.

Ana:  As I said unfortunately we do not know the exact amount of the fee because it is not taken at our side.

Me:  If I buy a gift card, and the price listed on the screen is X amount, 1. it is false advertising, when you decide to charge a fee and don't want to show up front said fee amount.

Ana:  As I said we do not take any fees from our customers

Me:  Then why did it say my balance is to low to complete this transaction

Ana: We are Xsolla. We transfer already successful payments from the payment systen to the game. PayGarden is the payment system which allows you to use your gift card to pay for this game.  Unfortunately Paygarden, the payment system for gift crds, may take quite high fees, It automatically checks the card balance and shows whether the transaction may be processed.

Me:  THE FEE is NOT. I repeat NOT stated anywhere

Ana:  I am sorry to hear about that

Me:   WOW I just found out that 60% is charged to the card. That can be considered highway robbery. BTW I have recorded this session maybe Warframe will consider a better payment partner. I will call my card and make sure my  balance is still there.  I'm sure Warframe will consider a different payment partner.  Anything to say, maybe the better business bureau, should be notified of your practice.

Thank you for contacting us.

Chat session disconnected.

haha holy S#&$ i was thinking of using this the other day, man people are so fkn greedy. How can they get away with this kind of stuff its insane. Anyway my advice to anyone who is trying to get there money back is to call your credit card company and get it refunded there because even if they have a no refund kind of thing card companys dont follow the same rules and usually have a 90 day refund policy so if theyv screwed you over then i suggest trying that

No matter what you buy you can call merchant services i believe its called, and dispute the purchase directly through the banks, the store will get nothing if if your claim is proven to be justified... My wife is a banker and she knows more about this...

Anyway, a while back i had to get my car fixed paid like 1200$ and the car broke down literally 30min after it was taken out of the shop and the guy mechanic was trying to charge me an additional 300$ because something else broke or some such bullS#&$...

I simply told him i paid him for the work he was owed, he will fix my car, he will comp the part or whatever bullS#&$ he was trying to sell me on, or I would contact merchant services, dispute all charges with the bank, and fight tooth and nail so he doesn't get paid anything. This was also after I called their headquarters, left a message with the ceo/boss whoever, and called their customer service complains department and had a mediator pit me on the phone with the manager of the shop i was at.

The reason I did all this was because I was goddamn livid as the car that broke down, broke down in rush hour traffic on the highway, the front fender fell off of it, and my wife was the one driving... She could have been killed because of their bullS#&$ negligence... Anyway, I basically chewed everyone out, not as a jerk to be a jerk, but because the furry fire of a thousand suns had been awoken in me... And if it had come down to it i would have kicked the crap out of all of sleaze ball mechanic... Im 6'5" and weighed like 320 at that time and he was like a scrawny little dude, he was terrified.

I actually a super nice guy, but that, I dunno man, their crap put my wife in danger, and i literally lost all my cool. Point is, don't put up with bullcrap from companies, you the customer have all the power.

First off, I have to purchase a gift card (which is pretty easy). Secondly, as I was aiming for the $50 platinum pack, I'd expect to put around that much on my card. But no... apparently PayGarden is charging a fee on the back end that we don't even know about. You just get a message that there isn't enough money on your card (when you assumed there was), and the transaction automatically cancels.

Now, I don't mind there being a small added fee for processing on PayGarden's side, and I understand that it's a general rule to have just a tad more money on your card than for what you expect to buy. But why not tell us what that value is, so I don't have to estimate and ultimately over-allocate my money into a gift card. I just wanted to buy platinum, I don't want an overage I have to assume is there.

Customer: Derp idk how much is left

PayGarden :  HAHAHAHA  (there's  ~$1- 5 )

"Customer forgets about the card" x everyone who buys it  =  PayGarden makes profrit from giftcard = Business Model

Wow when DE sees this they should feel super embarrassed for partnering with these scammers. They need to make this right partnering with such a shady company was a terrible, terrible mistake.

maybe DE wanted  to earn some extra cash for christmas

just saying... its a possiblility

Yea it's absolutely terrible. The fee itself seems to change depending  on the card you use. I made a simple $15.99 plat purchase and the fee was $6.80.

DE does not seem to even bat an eyelash. Put in a support ticket and here's the response:

• Bazinga091 Yesterday at 21:07

"I have contacted Walmart about the card and there are no fees associated with its use. It seems that the flaw is within the Paygarden system itself. Looking at your website (and terms/disclaimer) there is no mention of any additional processing fees though you do make it clear that you are indemnified should these "fees" occur.

An 18% "processing fee" seems pretty steep in my opinion.

The issue has been pretty prevalent across the warframe forums particularly with your Paygarden integration.

Check this forum: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/581967-how-much-is-paygardens-processing-fee/

I completely understand that you cant refund my purchase or change the amount that was awarded to me. I do however feel the payment portal should have been a little more transparent as to the fees that are being charged, before the transaction has finished.

As an end-user I had no way to know how much I was being charged to use this service and in my opinion that is terribly flawed.

I do love the game and would like to spend more money with you but if I don't know what I'm being charged when I make a purchase there is no way I'll ever feel safe using your online store again."

• Icon_LotusClean_Black.jpg
    [DE]Seline Today at 11:32

Hi Bazinga091

I'm sorry but we aren't able to add extra platinum or compensate users due to a payment provider choosing to add fees. All users are responsible for looking into any kind of payment method they use, especially new ones that are added. I would simply recommend using other payment methods in the future as this one seems to be one of the only very selective few that adds these types of processing fees.

Edited by Bazinga091

Yea it's absolutely terrible. The fee itself seems to change depending  on the card you use. I made a simple $15.99 plat purchase and the fee was $6.80.

DE does not seem to even bat an eyelash. Put in a support ticket and here's the response:

• Bazinga091 Yesterday at 21:07

"I have contacted Walmart about the card and there are no fees associated with its use. It seems that the flaw is within the Paygarden system itself. Looking at your website (and terms/disclaimer) there is no mention of any additional processing fees though you do make it clear that you are indemnified should these "fees" occur.

An 18% "processing fee" seems pretty steep in my opinion.

The issue has been pretty prevalent across the warframe forums particularly with your Paygarden integration.

Check this forum: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/581967-how-much-is-paygardens-processing-fee/

I completely understand that you cant refund my purchase or change the amount that was awarded to me. I do however feel the payment portal should have been a little more transparent as to the fees that are being charged, before the transaction has finished.

As an end-user I had no way to know how much I was being charged to use this service and in my opinion that is terribly flawed.

I do love the game and would like to spend more money with you but if I don't know what I'm being charged when I make a purchase there is no way I'll ever feel safe using your online store again."

•  
  • Icon_LotusClean_Black.jpg
    [DE]Seline Today at 11:32

Hi Bazinga091

I'm sorry but we aren't able to add extra platinum or compensate users due to a payment provider choosing to add fees. All users are responsible for looking into any kind of payment method they use, especially new ones that are added. I would simply recommend using other payment methods in the future as this one seems to be one of the only very selective few that adds these types of processing fees.

•  

That sucks, but really DE doesn't have much of a say in what their payment providers do. The best thing we as customers can do is alert them to this horrible business practice (which you and everyone else in this thread did). Keep submitting reports and hopefully they'll kick these A******s to the curb.

However - keep in mind that they may have a contract between them, which means they might not be able to cut ties as immediate as we would like. For now - keep reporting and use payment providers that are far more fair.

Edited by Cidolfus

Well, I'm glad I listened to the many, many red flags that were popping up in my head about this and checked the forums.

I was trying to buy the $50 plat since I had a coupon, and was confused as to why it said I didn't have enough. Checked the $25 dollar one as a test, and they were trying to charge me $40.25. Um..I'm sorry WHAT? I'm not paying literally DOUBLE for less. I understand DE can't help PayGarden's fees, but they are perfectly capable of doing their own research on companies before they band together. There's not even a warning. False advertisement out the @$$. 

I hope no one falls for this bullS#17 promo.

Edited by TheLadyMistx