Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excavation On Phobos A Little Overtuned?

RyuDragnier

The excavators not scaling in excavation mission can be a problem. Especially in high level mission and sorties. Frost is almost a must in these missions. And with the excavators spaced long away apart, having one blown up in less than 5 seconds can be frustrating.

Please make the excavator's HP scale with the level.

Hi,

I am trying to do the current alert - Gulliver, Phobos.  The same issue exists here.  The granieer on this mission do extreme damage and vaporize the excavator before I can protect it properly, and I am playing as a mostly max frost prime with a bubble, which, concidently, is shredded in seconds.

Can you please look into this again?

The excavators not scaling in excavation mission can be a problem. Especially in high level mission and sorties. Frost is almost a must in these missions. And with the excavators spaced long away apart, having one blown up in less than 5 seconds can be frustrating.

Please make the excavator's HP scale with the level.

Only survived because I pulled Ember out and maxed out my Energy at 300+ before I got near the first excavator. Then I just set the World on Fire. They didn't kill me AS fast as they did before, but it was still pretty bad. Got lucky with Limbo Theorem because a Frost popped up after the first couple of failures, making it near impossible to lose an excavator. If the HP and shields of Excavators would scale with enemies, or at least the armor itself, this probably wouldn't have been nowhere near as bad, as 5 seconds away from one led to its destruction.

Post-Hotfix 18.4.4, Frontier Elites now do the same damage as Arid Elites. Yay. Strange to call it a fix for Phobos excavation missions though; it wasn't exclusive to excavation, it was something that affected every mission that had Frontier/Arid Elites and was most prominent in Sorties on Earth/Phobos tilesets.

I think the main problem with excavation missions like this is the fact the excavator health DOES NOT SCALE with enemy level. Level 20-25 enemies...500 shield and 2500 health...seriously? Anything else that needs defending (outside of the hostages iirc) scales to the enemy level. I do admit that the enemies on Phobos in general (not just wendell) feel WAY overpowered for their level range, it's just the excavators NEED health scaling in order for higher level excavation missions be even remotely close to doable, with or without a frost.

Rebecca have you guys looked at the invincible enemies? I first noticed it in the void where I ran into a lancer that could not be killed or CC, then I ran into that same issue on corpus I could not kill or Bladestorm or any other powers, as ran into that issue on Grineer. Not sure if these are related but these boys are taking 0 damage. It's not all enemies only a handful, not sure what causes it.

Hey you changed your op :P

I too have noticed invincible enemies. From what I have seen, its not that they are taking no damage but that they are not registering being hit at all. I dont get any numbers coming up when I hit them with any weapons.

Seems like random enemies at random times. Iv had a MOA, a corrupted Corpus dude, a random Grineer dude and some others. The first one I ever came across, the MOA on an ice level, ran around for about 5 mins before my power killed it. So far none of the others have ever lost their invincible status.

Anyway, these I can deal with, however annoying, but I really want those crazy damage dealing Elite Frontier Lancers removed from the excavations more than anything. Its preventing me from doing them solo and resuming my quest. Im levelling up a Frost just to deal with it but its not an ideal solution at all.

Actually, a change in the rules of the mission on when your allowed to extract to finish the mission would be better. I read about the Excavation missions on wiki and learned player's can only extract after a excavator has survived for 100 seconds. It has nothing to do with how much cryotic you farm which is implied because the mission counts the cryotic a player farmed. Extraction should be based on how much cryotic was farmed and not if one excavator survives a full 100 seconds because that creates a never ending mission when the excavator doesn't survive that long. It turns into a long horrible experience that the player will eventually fail due to mobs scaling up in difficulty. Over time the mobs scaling up to one shot the excavator wouldn't matter as much if all the player had to do was survive and call in excavators to get some cryotic before being destroyed in order to extract.