Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Holiday Wishlist & A Happy New Year!

[DE]Danielle

Heya DE, hope you guys are enjoying your vacation =)

Unlike alot of people, I don't really want anything new to be honest. Rather, I'd like to see some improvements to what we already have. Afterall, adding too much too fast will just result in a longer andl onger bug fix list. Anywho, two frames in particular I wanna see reworked and buffed;

Volt, and Limbo.

Volt is a really good (or perhaps bad?) example of an outdated Warframe. Described as a high damage frame, he's anything but sadly! His shocks cannot crowd control properly due to the fact that you cannot refresh the stun durations with more Shocks, and he's at the mercy of the enemy's animation.

Speed - while fun - is more of a niche than anything. It's that one ability that almost every frame has that people rarely use.

His electric shield wall is his best tool, which is ironic considering he's described as more of an offensive frame. But hey, it's very good for what it's worth!

And lastly, his ult is notoriously bad, as you're no doubt aware. Tis due to the age of ol' Volt of course. Maybe rework it entirely into a buff of sorts?

Limbo is in even more need of a rework I feel!

Banish is in dire need of an AoE effect. Limbo feels like he's trying to be a crowd controller, but can't quite make it. Slowly banishing one target at a time just isn't fun, and it's quite tedious :[

Rift Walk is pretty good as is, imo. There's issues with the Rift it's self though that I'll get into in a bit.

Rift Surge seriously needs to be done away with and made into a weaker passive, or turned into a team damage buff to encourage everyone to stay within the Rift if Limbo is rocking a large Cataclysm. I honestly forget it's there alot of the time otherwise.

Cataclysm should proc Blast status anytime it's put up. The damage is so pathetic it might as well not even exist. And he needs that knockdown effect because Limbo is squishy as heck. Opening the cataclysm right now just puts him in a dangerous situation. But the Rift is supposed to be Limbo's realm!

And lastly, the Rift it's self is terribly inconsistent.

I cant hack a terminal, but a Banished enemy can access an Interception terminal.

Can't take most forms of damage inside of the Rift, but simple electrified water goes through and destroys Limbo.

Limbo can call an elevator, but as said above, can't use a terminal.

Anything in Cataclysm should be usable like normal. They're in the rift. You're in the rift. There's little sense in not making it this way! It also prevents trolling.

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year DE! U18 was a great way to close out the year. Thanks!

Wish list? Huh.. I have more than 3 but... I suppose I can pick 3 I really want to see.

1. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/573220-since-everyone-loves-desecrate-how-about-this/ Not my post all credit goes to Sorise. I really want to see these changes to Nekros, it would really let him shine and become the undead walking nightmare he supposed to be.

2. MORE Syndicate Weapons and possible Syndicate armor sets?

3. More than just Umbra Excal and don't release them every like 2 months like the primes. I set my sights on Umbra Excal wanting to see more than just him. I want to see Loki, Mirage, Limbo, Nekros, ALL OF THEM turned into Umbras. Maybe find a way to release them all in small batches, each batch containing 3-4 frames at once until all of them have Umbra counter parts. Or maybe just make them cosmetic skins, helmets and Synadanas I wouldn't mind that either. Out of everything, I want to see Umbra a whole lot. c:

Have a nice holiday, a good start into the next year and a good time in general.

Thanks for all the work you've done this year again.

Hmm 3 wishes? A bit tricky given that we don't really know all the plans or gear allready in work.

Allright some smaller ones.

1). Some love for Skana and Lato.

The Skana is basicly THE signature sword of the game and the Lato is something like the grandfather of all Tenno weapons (also appearing a lot on promo material).

Yet both suffer a sorry position among the starter weapons, with mediocre stats and not even a reasonable counterpart like the Braton.

So i think it would be nice, given their history, if these two could get high level versions (same design better stats).

Not given to us on a tray of course, but making us work (or pay) to get them.

Or at least. Give them mid tier worthy counterparts and make the starter versions Mk-1s.

2). Tenno NPCs.

Something to expand the Tenno as a faction and provide a point of view on events from the same perspective as our player characters (which neither the Cephalons nor Lotus can really do).

What i mean are characters like a Tactician, a Weaponsmith, a Trader or a Researcher.

3). Radio Stations.

Basicly 3 radio stations, one for Grineer, one for Corpus and one neutral, which play music and have interruptions by DJ who comments to events or Corpus comercials and Grineer propaganda.

The music doesn't even need to be real (ala Fallout) songs, but could just be various themes made for Warframe (seeing how many people listends to the ending theme from Second Dream on youtube).

This would give players the chance to listen to their favorit music and also allow easy expansion of the backround lore via interruptions.

(4.) As someone allready suggested. Spears.)

Edited by Othergrunty

I only have one big wish. Archwing content on par with the normal game.

More Archwings, more weapons, more mods, more tilesets, more mission types, more enemies, MORE!

I've always enjoyed Archwing, but it's still pretty much the empty shell it was in Update 15. The changes and content Update 17.5 brought were much appreciated, but Archwing still needs so, so, so much more love!

I mean, just look at Conclave! Ever since it was reworked, it's been actively getting balancing, new gamemodes, and now almost has every Warframe and weapon usable in it! Why wasn't Archwing treated like that?

Since its implementation in U15, it was left in the dust until 15.8, then left in the dust again until 17-17.5.

I was hoping the Orokin Moon tileset would add Orokin Archwing missions, with more Archwing Prime gear and Corrupted mods, but well, that didn't happen. So please DE, give Archwing some love in the near future.

If there's 2 other things I want, well, I'm really looking forward to the enemy scaling rework, damage 3.0 and all that stuff, and what I'm really hoping is that every single weapon will be fairly balanced to be more-or-less just as viable.

The last thing I want is the ability to colour each individual spot on an item. This was talked about ages ago in a Devstream (around 25-35 I think). Customization is a big part of why I love Warframe, and this will greatly expand on that.

1) Review of enemies: certain enemies (the nullifiers are notably notorious) are annoying. There is no place in a game for annoyances, enemies that offer challenge in the sense of "aw man, another one, bleh" are not good the reaction to an "annoying" enemy in the sense of hard to deal with should be "oh crap oh crap oh crap" not "Bleh".

2) More syndicate: weapons, gameplay (maybe lotus substitute options for certain missions) etc.

3) Another sniper rework. I love U18, some things where a bit of a mess but all in all, good show, sniper rework aside. It fixed none of the major issues and turned snipers into glorified semi-autos. Snipers still don't have high enough damage for the fire rate, still have the inconsistency issue with crit and still can't keep pace with the rate of warframe (which wouldn't be an issue if the other two where solved). I really, really, really, want to like snipers, rather I like them, I want to like using them, but they just, they don't feel ready, like Santa brought me a half a tedy bear. It's just a saddening mess.  

Happy holidays all.

1. Kavats

2. Flying biological minions

3. Steve to put in a (short) quest I have regarding War.

4. More Sentient themed weapons

5. The option to have my Tenno be an adult.

6. Kavat skins that really emphasize it's reptilian side.

7. A small minion system (SWTOR, WOW Garrisons) Collect minion cards, trade them, send a number depending on MR to go do things like find minion system cosmetics, supply caches containing a larger number of supplies than extractors get, treasure hunts/research weapon designs.

8. A map that takes place in a town/city/village, I want to occasionally feel like I'm not the only person in the world, show me villagers!!

9. Star Map rework

10. 4 Contests: Design a quest, Design a tactical alert, create a Kubrow armor, design an opposite gender of a frame. (But really, Nezha is Rhino and Ember's love child.)

11. In-atmosphere Archwing missions (I don't mean 'Sharkwing').

12. More items/decoration options for the ship interior.

1. Syndicate Melee weapons, oh yes please. Vaykor Jat Kittag, Sancti Dakra <3 

2. Dojo christmas decor, where'd it go? where's my snowman buddies.. 

3. The Rapier before the end of the year >< maybe even a suda laser version!

Edited by Vesiga

Biggest thing for me: New mission intro's.

Idea 1: If we are going into an invasion or crossfire mission, we shouldn't be sneaking around the vents; we should be dropping in guns ablaze just like the Archwing trailer! That or have our landing craft blast a few holes in the ship for us, or Archwing. Something other than a stealth intro to a combat mission.

Idea 2: Can we hide loading screens behind cinematics? At times games use this to avoid pop-in, but in WF's case we could have a cinematic of our landing craft going through reentry as the level generates. The current landing craft screen often does not match the mission we are going on - such as flying through a sunlit atmosphere while going to ship orbiting Sedna. Instead, why don't we have the loading screen hide behind a the landing crafts docking with the ship, or the Warframe through the vents?

Idea 3: For the after-mission loading screen, can we have a cinematic of our landing crafts docking with our orbiters? We've seen footage of this happening, but that was on a devstream at the beginning of the year. Would it be possible to hide the rendering and load times behind something like our landing crafts zooming up, breaking, and docking with our ships similar to how they dock at relays?

Just a few QoL things.

Awesome.

1st wish: Get plenty of rest and come back even better than before! Also Happy Holidays :D

2nd Wish: A Melody/Musical Warframe is what i desire for this wish. hopefully one comes next year.

3rd Wish: A brand new shining Gunblade! may it shoot bullets, darts, blades, resources, formas, or whatever, but we need more of this fun melee.

Happy New Year DE

1. Fix wall animation, bring back old wall run

2. Buff old melee weapons, most are useless other than recent introduced stuff. Skana is the iconic weapon why does it suck compared to most other weapons?

3. Make a frame augment slot that allows you to equip augments separately 

I suppose to keep it simple, I would wish for

1) Less grind.

2) More bug fixes.

3) More linked design. More variety.

By that I mean.

1) Less grind.

There are too many times when you have to do too much to take one small step forward. When RNG comes along and slaps you in the face with a wet haddock.

ie You want a particular warframe piece, it drops from boss X, you go run the mission until you get it, for some people/frames thats 3 or 4 missions for others its 30-40. Its the same with prime parts in the void and so on. Sure that lengthens time in the game... but its not quality time, its not helping how people think of the game. "Warframe? Good game but a bit grindy..." You have enough content in the game now that you dont need the excess grind to keep people.

Im not saying make it easy, or give it to evrybody first time out. But there are other ways to handle loot drops that are not this bad.

For example any or all of the following might help:

a) You could make sure every piece of kit is available in at least two drop tables preferably more, at least one of which is not attached to some ultra

rare mob, so you actually have a chance of getting it.

b) Some kind of token system, you go do a mission you gain some kind of token/rewards/credits that you can trade in for the part you want. Use Ducats if you like, and let Darvo/Lotus use them as well as Baro.

c) Some kind of improved trading system that lets people who dont have the time or inclination to use trade chat make offline trades. I get that players (and DE) are wary of a real money auction house (since platinum is the main trading currency,) fine, have fixed price trades. make it literally an automated version of the current trade system, just without the high-speed chatting/dojo.

2) More bug fixes.

There are still too many old bugs in the game, even things that go away and come back a few updates later, plus more stuff getting added every update. (For example optional objectives that you cannot complete...  ie pistol kills when you have no pistol/archwing.)

I would like to see one update every now and then (perhaps the .5 updates?) which are a little light on content, and much bigger on bug fixes. You might wish to marry that up with asking people to submit a three wishes bug list to to help narrow down what the most annoying ones are for different people.

Help us to help you. Have an option on the launcher to make it easy for players to submit logs after a crash. Perhaps even in game when they encounter a bug.

3) More linked design. More variety.

I like the trend with the recent warframe redesigns to redo the abilities to allow them to work together better. I would like to see more stuff link together like this, perhaps with more synergy between warframes too.

-Random items that you collect from missions/alerts that unlock other special missions occasionally. ie collect a datamass in one mission, opens up a

mission to deliver it to a scientific research station.

-Missions with multiple objectives, ie sabotage power core to take the shields off line, break in, have 5/10/15 minutes etc before the shields come

back on to find data consoles and hack them, then take that data to an uplink facility to broadcast evidence of grineer/corpus misdeeds to the 

population at large. (Politcal sabotage)

-Missions where we have multiple routes to an objective, easier/longer, or shorter/harder, (or longer/harder of course...)

-Optional objectives to affect the mission. Like take out the security centre, (to reduce effectiveness of alarms, or gain a complete minimap with mobs

marked,) hack the barracks door controls, (to reduce number of  enemy spawns,) destroy the navigation computer, (so the ship goes off course and

likely to hit a moon/planet.

-And when I see a mission description that says destory a communications satellite/relay etc I do kind of expect to see it go boom. Not just get a mission complete sign.

-Opportunity to select additional conditions on the mission (ie conditions like ice/fire/sorties stuff, or higher level enemies) in return for better rolls on

the loot table. (ie Mercury missions with an extra 20 levels for a better loot roll? Could make them more attractive to higher level players again.)

-More things that I can make and take into a mission with me. Sentinel repair kits, smoke grenades, grease bombs, noise generators, EMP grenade, mapping droid. Things to distract, confuse, misdirect assist and sustain

Aim for the missions to be more than just run/gun down a corridor as fast as you can, shoot everything and turn your brain off.

My apologies for the lengthy post.

I know some of the basic systems were put out in a hurry to see how players got on with them, well I think now is the time to go back and make sure its all been looked at again.

I would like several things.

1. Grind Reduction

I swear, every time DE has said they are going to reduce grind they increase it. Sorties are a bunch of lame gimmicks in missions with higher level enemies, Argon is Argon, and now a totally unnecessary "alertium" resource. There is absolutely no reason for this stuff. The game isn't even much fun anymore. It is just the same stuff over and over again with more grind every update.

2. Ninja's play free? We all should be paying,

This game doesn't even remotely resemble space ninjas. We are super powered, greedy, loot driven space mercenaries. Ruk is like... actually right.

There are always ways to bypass the need for stealth in this game, and it feels like Loki spamming invisibility over and over again is the only way to succeed. You kill one enemy, even with a silenced weapon, and they can suddenly see you from across the map. It just sickens me.

3. Invincibility is ridiculous. Valkyr's Hysteria needs a rework or a change. "Oh, she is confined to melee its ok." She is invincible, I don't want to hear bs arguments like that.

Please grant my wishes, they are for the best.