The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pc Help ( Fine Tuning For Warframe)

Urska

Question

HI to start, i hope i am posting this in the right place ( sorry if its in the wrong place), my question is what is the best way to fine tune a computer to play warframe. also any times to make warframe need less hardware would help too!. so far updated drivers, used Ccleaner, still need a lil more. its almost playble.

PS doing this for my friends

Thanks for reading my post, sorry for my bad grammar n spellin

Edited by Urska

6 answers to this question

I know the struggle of playing warframe on a (not so very good) pc, especially since it is a laptop. Used to have lots of overheating within 30 mins after starting the game and could never play on any decent graphics.

Now, what I did was prioritise warframe in both the computer processing and the Internet usage. Also, what works just magically, is putting the game in windowed mode. With this you can just expand the window to fit fullscreen, but for some reason it works incredibly smoother and I haven't had any problems for months.

See if that works

defragging your hard disk can improve loading times. 

to get the best settings for your GPU you have to experiment with them. try disabling local reflections, reduce texture quality, or reduce the resolution if you have FPS problems. these are the ones that affect my FPS the most, especially local reflections ( almost 20 FPS loss when this setting is enabled for me ). keep disabling and enabling different settings until you get the FPS and quality you want

one more thing you can try is clean your laptop's fans ( that is, if it's a laptop )

prioritize warframe from task manager

put the PC in high performance mode ( if you don't have many overheating problems ). if your PC overheats then it's better to keep it on balanced

defragging your hard disk can improve loading times. 

to get the best settings for your GPU you have to experiment with them. try disabling local reflections, reduce texture quality, or reduce the resolution if you have FPS problems. these are the ones that affect my FPS the most, especially local reflections ( almost 20 FPS loss when this setting is enabled for me ). keep disabling and enabling different settings until you get the FPS and quality you want

one more thing you can try is clean your laptop's fans ( that is, if it's a laptop )

prioritize warframe from task manager

put the PC in high performance mode ( if you don't have many overheating problems ). if your PC overheats then it's better to keep it on balanced

I know the struggle of playing warframe on a (not so very good) pc, especially since it is a laptop. Used to have lots of overheating within 30 mins after starting the game and could never play on any decent graphics.

Now, what I did was prioritise warframe in both the computer processing and the Internet usage. Also, what works just magically, is putting the game in windowed mode. With this you can just expand the window to fit fullscreen, but for some reason it works incredibly smoother and I haven't had any problems for months.

See if that works

thank you both for your feed back and all