Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Building Warframe: Hunhow's Gift

DE_Adam

The Stalker is one of Warframe's most iconic figures -- a frightening menace to Tenno who choose to venture across the System alone, and a deadly threat to unprepared Squads of experienced warriors.  The Second Dream sees the Stalker obtaining some very interesting new tools to threaten Tenno with…but be warned!  This edition of Building Warframe does contain spoilers for Warframe's latest Quest.

Read more behind-the-scenes on the Stalkers new armor and weapons in Building Warframe: Hunhow's Gift, and let us know what you think!

-DE_Adam

Honestly, I don't feel giving Stalker the Sentient gimmick made him any more powerful or fun to fight. The interaction with him is still dull and unrewarding. In fact, the first time I was faced with his obnoxious appearance, I didn't even want to bother fighting him because the fight just simply wasn't engaging or challenging. When I tried to just go on my merry way, he kept teleporting me back, so out of pure spite and frustration I caved his skull in with a fury of Detron and Gram.

Despite these changes, he's still just an unrewarding, unchallenging, dull nuisance. I wanted an improved interaction with Stalker, something more than either side one-shotting the other, like some kind of tooth and nail battle, but he still doesn't offer any sort of interesting game-play.

I suppose that's where the miscommunication is occurring; I'm not saying "Make him harder", I'm asking to "Make him more involving".

On the bright side, all the new cosmetics and the design of the War / Broken War are superb, so good work there. I really like the style the Sentient have.

Edited by Krion112

While I love the new armor, I'm still curious as to why Stalker has suddenly adapted the Umbra Excalibur body. Surely there has to be some small bit of lore to that. I merely found it interesting to see him using that new body over his standard Excalibur one. Regardless he looks very noble with the new body + the armor, and much more menacing.

It would be very interesting if War and Broken War worked this way:

"Its brilliance significantly augmented when channeled by a Tenno, taking on the user's own energy colors when wielded in battle."

"One of the best parts of War's design is how color customization can make the Weapon look wildly different from one user to the next."

In reality, it seems to just take the blade's energy color into account only. It's not exactly anything new. However, I run at low-mid settings, so maybe it's different for higher settings?

Those crescents don't seem to be present in-game. But the loincloth is, even before Stalker gains the armour curiously.

Which would be fine...if they didn't have almost the exact same design as the Syandana. They should have given a more unique cloth to pre-shadow Stalker, but the fact his loin+back cloth is of nearly the same design as the Pakal set, things are just plain weird.

Im interested in what happened to the apparent special stalker lacera skin which was originally said to be in the pack.Every trace of its mention has been wiped from existance.

7b2fb4a1a8394e68ff3c4acbc660ac02.png

Edited by LazerSkink