The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Did The Sortie Today Not Get Fully Reduced Armor With 4 Corrosive Projections?

JohnMorte

Question

19 answers to this question

I wonder if all armor gets removed for the armor augmented enemies if you have 4 cps and 4 coaction drifts.

Well it sure as heck didnt with 4 CP's and 1 Coaction.  grr. I mean, CL Dark Dagger, but still.  gr.

Edit:  To provide something constructive, it would be nice if I had known that armor wouldn't be completely removed, because as it was, I ran what I thought was the "optimal" gearset: Paris Prime for silently assassinating heavies with viral and heat (my Dread's not forma'd yet and neither is my Tonkor), Atomos for destroying a crowd of trash with one trigger pull, and my CL Gleaming Blight Dark dagger, both set up for viral and heat.  Atomos and Paris didn't do squat, so CL was pretty much the only reason I was able to do any damage, and despite being helpful utility, that's pretty frustrating.

TL;DR some salt, would like numbers on things.

Edited by (PS4)Cwellann

Well it sure as heck didnt with 4 CP's and 1 Coaction.  grr. I mean, CL Dark Dagger, but still.  gr.

Edit:  To provide something constructive, it would be nice if I had known that armor wouldn't be completely removed, because as it was, I ran what I thought was the "optimal" gearset: Paris Prime for silently assassinating heavies with viral and heat (my Dread's not forma'd yet and neither is my Tonkor), Atomos for destroying a crowd of trash with one trigger pull, and my CL Gleaming Blight Dark dagger, both set up for viral and heat.  Atomos and Paris didn't do squat, so CL was pretty much the only reason I was able to do any damage, and despite being helpful utility, that's pretty frustrating.

TL;DR some salt, would like numbers on things.

I don't believe you should get numbers on things. It's not Sudoko, it's a Sortie.

We never got "numbers" on Tactical Alerts other then a general idea, and this is basically the same.

I was in a squad with 4 CP's. I think my Lex Prime with rank 8 Primed Target Cracker, maxed Hornet Strike, and a corrosive/cold elemental combo hit for 243 on napalms. That's not the good kind of challenging. It's just boring bullet sponges. The only way to counter that is to be invisible, invincible, or CC them into vegetables.

well you see....

MBX5uDi.png

i presume the extra Armor is applied separately from their Armor normally - so Corrosive Projection reduces their base Armor value, and the extra Armor is what's left over.

It seems to be the case. It could be calculated from base, then added onto it after corrosive projection has taken place on base. They are very bullet spongy even with all the default armor stripped.

Something like, final armor = default armor*(1-CP) + default armor*augmented armor multiplier

Edited by nms64

i'll just note that when i decided to complete Stage 3 of this Sortie - we brought 4 Corrosive Projections, and two of us(including myself) brought Strun Wraith for maximum Corrosive Status on top of that.

i also adjusted my Sonicor for Radiation/Viral so i could spread Viral to the Heavies fairly easily, to make it a bit easier to Kill them.

plus the usual: Damage Multipliers.

it would be nice if I had known that armor wouldn't be completely removed

certainly, however it wouldn't be the end of the world to Abort Mission after realizing the consequences of your actions and switch some stuff around.

I don't believe you should get numbers on things.

i think this falls under Stockholm Syndrome? D:

just because Warframe is always vague and says 'know it all before you start playing the game or get f...ed lol', doesn't mean that's a correct or appropriate way of doing things.

We ran this one today. Clan chief commented that CP wasn't removing augmented armor on the last one he did.

We ended up bringing one CP, two very fast 'frames, one Excal Prime (just because), and a Nyx to basically chaos our way to victory. Many enemies were bypassed, fought amongst themselves, and the tenno basically slipped away with little notice from same.

I like killing everything in sight as much as anyone, but sometimes discretion is the better part of valor.

well you see....

MBX5uDi.png

i presume the extra Armor is applied separately from their Armor normally - so Corrosive Projection reduces their base Armor value, and the extra Armor is what's left over.

This seems to be the case.

Today's sortie had augmented armor for infested units. The new corpus units also spawned during the augmented armor sortie and EVERY enemy had armor.

I used the tysis with 100% corrosive status and managed to remove all armor from the enemy. At least corrosive procs and other armor reducing abilities still work.

Hopefully, someone can test the difference between 4x CP and no CP if an augmented armor grineer mission appears.

Edited by MrJxt

I used the tysis with 100% corrosive status and managed to remove all armor from the enemy. At least corrosive procs and other armor reducing abilities still work.

strange.

i used Strun Wraith (so WAYYYY more Corrosive Status), and i found it literally impossible to strip the Armor of an Enemy. even half a room away to reduce the Damage, a Bombard (so one of the most wtf bulletsponge Enemies in Augmented Armor Missions) still died before it's Health Bar told me no Armor.