The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tipedo Vs Orthos

Warframe0301

Question

11 answers to this question

Well if you're talking about damage I think the tipedo does more. I prefer orthos because it has an amazing range to it when you put reach on. Its good for low and mid level missions and against infested. Melee as a whole falls off at higher levels so I just take my trusty orthos with me everywhere.

But if you only meant damage... Get the tupedo I guess.

Melee as a whole falls off at higher levels

In terms of damage, yes. But then what doesn't? But in terms of utility, I know this isn't a weapon listed here, but Scindo Prime with Tempo Royale, Crit Chance mods and Beserker along with Naraman Focus with the invisibility on Crit Chance passive... ohh boy. I used Nova Prime with the listed Scindo Prime setup and cleared the Sortie Survival mission today. Twas great fun.

Melee as a whole falls off at higher levels 

I am doing the Sorties almost melee only, so I don´t see the problem.

@OP: This question is not easily answered. Like a few already mentioned, the Tipedo does more damage while the Orthos has the better range, but you also should take into consideration which stance you prefer since one is a polearm and the other a staff.

Tipedo.

Here's what you do: Make a berserker build.

-One forma to change the stance polarity to match Clashing Forest (the first combo is REALLY easy to do and fast as hell)

-Potato

-Berserker. Best mod EVER, with that absolutely stupid 1.3 base attack speed, multihit capability AND a 25% crit chance, you're going to be proccing berserker without using Fury/True Steel at all.

-Critical damage boost mod (I forget what it's called) if you choose

-Elemental combos

You're going to end up with a DEVASTATING weapon that will attack so fast and crit so often you're going to be wrecking face.