The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

One Shot Kill Grineer Floating Scanner

FallingHeaven

Question

21 answers to this question

Well... those things are surprisingly tanky.

They have ferrite armor and machinery health. Corrosive is good against their armor and blast works well against their health. Dread is probably not the best weapon against them since slash is weak against both their armor and their health pools. So paris prime would be better for trying to one-shot them.

And if you're reffering to the lvl 80+ eximus variant (that appear in grineer spy sorties), nothing in the game can one-shot those, they have higher base health and armor than a heavy gunner and scale up like crazy because of that.

The amount of damage required will increase with the level of the enemy. This is a general rule and it applies to the Grineer spy vault drones. Then they get a further health boost from being Eximus. For most star-chart missions, a Dread built for crit should be enough until you get into the highest-level planets. At that point, you either pray for a red crit, or simply avoid them entirely. It does make the vault more difficult when you can't kill them, but that's kinda the point, isn't it?

The amount of damage required will increase with the level of the enemy. This is a general rule and it applies to the Grineer spy vault drones. Then they get a further health boost from being Eximus. For most star-chart missions, a Dread built for crit should be enough until you get into the highest-level planets. At that point, you either pray for a red crit, or simply avoid them entirely. It does make the vault more difficult when you can't kill them, but that's kinda the point, isn't it?

I understand the concept of higher difficulty for higher levels. One shot kill is not my goal, it is just the only way I could think of to extract the data.

I have seen people trigger alarm while being invisible using Loki's ability. I've also seen people trigger alarm when failed to make "friends" with the drone using Nyx's ability.(can't remember the name) I initially thought these abilities work!

I always get detected light years away from the drone. I thought I won't get detected if the rays don't touch me. I was dead wrong.

I am so frustrated the the point that if I encounter drones in the vault, I abort. There is simply no way to do it without killing it in one shot first.

Regular build or heavily forma-ed?

Heavily formaed

I have seen people trigger alarm while being invisible using Loki's ability.

I haven't had issues being detected while using Loki's invisibility.

Edited by MrJxt

-snip-

I have seen people trigger alarm while being invisible using Loki's ability. I've also seen people trigger alarm when failed to make "friends" with the drone using Nyx's ability.(can't remember the name) I initially thought these abilities work!

-snip-

I haven't tried Mind Controlling Sensor Regulators, so I have no info there, but FYI - you can still trigger the alarms while invisible if a) you bump into the Regulators or any enemy unit inside the vault, b) pass through doors that have an active sensor bar on them or c) run into a laser. 

The thing with Spy missions, though, is that all of the tiles have alternate ways to reach the vault that usually bypass all Regulators. See here for more details.

I haven't tried Mind Controlling Sensor Regulators, so I have no info there, but FYI - you can still trigger the alarms while invisible if a) you bump into the Regulators or any enemy unit inside the vault, b) pass through doors that have an active sensor bar on them or c) run into a laser.

The thing with Spy missions, though, is that all of the tiles have alternate ways to reach the vault that usually bypass all Regulators. See here for more details.

They can also hear gunfire if you shoot nearby which will also trigger the alarm.

I've bumped into many sensor regulators with Loki and they have never triggered alarms.

Edited by MrJxt

178,524? is that a phone number? the effective health is way too big for a drone that only scan the vault

It's the same thing as with guards in Rescue missions - they have high health in order to force the player to change his/her strategy to respect the theme of the mission instead of rushing blindly. Guards have to be dealt a finisher, drones need to be avoided. 

On a side note, one thing which ruined a Spy last night for me was those electric traps - break your cloak and sap your energy. Rarely encountered, so you might not expect them.

the cursed corpus lasers and the damn corpus cctv cameras

Corpus lasers are easily outdone by Limbo. so see if you can convince a squadie to run his big ol' tophat. Corpus cameras are actually really pathetic as long as A) you know where they spawn (which, as far as memorizing goes, is easy), and B) you have a silent weapon or silent ranged power

If you want practice, head down to Eris's Spy mission. As long as you can hack it's the best place to grind Corpus Spy

I understand the concept of higher difficulty for higher levels. One shot kill is not my goal, it is just the only way I could think of to extract the data.

I always get detected light years away from the drone. I thought I won't get detected if the rays don't touch me. I was dead wrong.

I am so frustrated the the point that if I encounter drones in the vault, I abort. There is simply no way to do it without killing it in one shot first.

Invisibility works on theyr scanners, not on laser traps tho.

Sneak past the traps and ignore the drones for a clean extraction.