The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unable To Upload Via Gift Card

Bloodfae

Question

Honestly I'm not sure what I can do at this point. Since yesterday I've been trying to upload 19.99$ worth of plat via a Starbucks gift card that has 30$ on it. But it keeps saying that the service is unavailable and for the life of my I can't figure out why!

Does anyone have a way to resolve this?

4 answers to this question

I recently got a 40$ gift card for Barnes and Noble (I stopped buying physical books a while ago, I buy books through Amazon Kindle now), and saw the Warframe gift card to plat thing. I've tried to redeem the card multiple times in order for the prompt 1000: Cannot verify pin/card number/etc. I recently tried again (10 minutes ago) and got the message "1017: Sorry, your balance is too low to complete this transaction"   

I've seen other people report this prompt as well, and apparently Paygarden charges a fee for the transaction, from one account I've seen on the forums, they charge 60% of the cash you're spending. Even though there's the "1.5x plat" offer, others have reported not getting their bonus plat. I'd rather just wait till I get a 75% plat discount from login, or just go buy a new book with my card.

Possibly it might be because the card was purchased recently or the data for it was modified recently (you bought something from starbucks or something and the data had to be updated before they can access it), or maybe it was just some sort of error/overload of requests due to Christmas season. My advice to you is just get coffee with that Starbucks card, and buy Plat with your debit/credit card; you're at less risk of being ripped off through transaction fees and whatnot.