The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ryunokage

Would it be possible to limit the number of simulor effects that each player is capable of putting down?

I've run missions where players would use the simulor and spam clusters of maxed orbs, up to 7 so far, in an area to whittle down enemies. The additional effects tend to slow my computer down, admittedly a laptop. And also tend to make it easier to visually sight any enemies on the otherside of these vortex clusters.

Granted its really only a problem when players use a mirage in conjunction with the simulor, but its a glaring issue all the same. especially given how the matchmaker doesn't allow us to restrict weapon/frame combinations.

Have you tried turning down particle effects to their lowest setting? If not, that may help mitigate the issue on your end.

But yeah, Mirage always had that issue of creating fps sinks. DE tried fixing it several times but you can only limit the visuals so much before starting having to gimp the ability itself.

Edited by Cyborger1

Have you tried turning down particle effects to their lowest setting? If not, that may help mitigate the issue on your end.

But yeah, Mirage always had that issue of creating fps sinks. DE tried fixing it several times but you can only limit the visuals so much before starting having to gimp the ability itself.

Tried that, solves the FPS drop, but trying to see and shoot through a corridor filled with simulor vortexes remains difficult. I'm reduced to blind fire, which tends to fare poorly when you're using a bolt action sniper rifle.

I don't see how a fix in this instance would be too difficult though. Just put a hard cap on the maximum number of vortexes a person can lay down, rather like the frost's dome. Get the number high enough that a non mirage wouldn't find himself hamstrung, but low enough to prefer the sort of spammage we've been seeing lately.