Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kyuzo

Scindo (Axe)

is there something wrong with this thing or what? i used it last night and have noticed a very big difference between it and a basic the basic sword or swords in general.

yes swords are faster charge attack faster etc etc.

but im talking about Unranked Scindo compared to the Basic sword you get Skana? and from what i remember about the skana was killing noob mobs with ease charge boom sliced in half yes Scindo does the same but heres the deal the normal E mashing attack where you just keep hitting them till they die.

from what i noticed is the Scindo takes probably just as long to kill a noob mob as the sword would.

the jump slam doesn't do all that great either talking about a giant axe coming straight down onto your head and all that happens is they get knocked down and does little to ok damage.

so the thing is why is it taking forever to kill the mobs with a giant freaking axe i'm not asking for 1 hit kill but comparing the stats killing noob mobs should take more than 4 hits i don't wanna sit there and hit a mob with a giant axe while it feels like a tooth pick.

what would be the best mods to bring out this thing's true power?

granted the weapons are unranked and so forth but it was the only way to truely gather data on equal grounds.

The Scindo has bigger damage per attack, on both normal and charged attacks. It's jump attack lacks AoE effect, but direct hit on an enemy does quite a lot of damage. It also does more damage on unarmored targets, as far as I know, while Fragor (is it Fragor or Frago, the update notes say Frago, but ingame it's called Fragor) does more damage on armored targets, if not outright ignoring armor.

Of course, once you've got enough ranks on it and mods of your choosing (I usually go with charge speed, charge damage and attack speed (firerate on melee weapons, for reasons unknown), and possibly armor piercing damage.) It becomes a very efficient melee weapon. Plus then there's the whole "hitting multiple enemies with a single swing" thing that it has.

The Scindo has bigger damage per attack, on both normal and charged attacks. It's jump attack lacks AoE effect, but direct hit on an enemy does quite a lot of damage. It also does more damage on unarmored targets, as far as I know, while Fragor(is it Fragor or Frago, the update notes say Frago, but ingame it's called Fragor) does more damage on armored targets, if not outright ignoring armor.

Of course, once you've got enough ranks on it and mods of your choosing (I usually go with charge speed, charge damage and attack speed (firerate on melee weapons, for reasons unknown), and possibly armor piercing damage.) It becomes a very efficient melee weapon. Plus then there's the whole "hitting multiple enemies with a single swing" thing that it has.

so it's the hammer that great vs armor.

yes it has multy hit but sad to say your team mates will out kill the mobs before you even land a hit on 2 or more targets but honestly to say i sat there and whacked at a target at unranked and it took just as long to kill that mob then the skana tbh it feels like im swinging around a giant toothpick.

so it's the hammer that great vs armor.

yes it has multy hit but sad to say your team mates will out kill the mobs before you even land a hit on 2 or more targets but honestly to say i sat there and whacked at a target at unranked and it took just as long to kill that mob then the skana tbh it feels like im swinging around a giant toothpick.

Well, I've got rank 29 Scindo and I don't have any issues killing any non-elite enemy with 2 or 3 hits from scindo, and due to the attack speed mods that I've got, I can do it faster than I could do with any other (melee) weapon. Of course, due to the charge speed and damage bonuses I've also got, I can also kill any elite with 2 or 3 charged attacks, which takes roughly as much time as doing normal attack 3 times (apart from Pluto, where the elite enemies take 4-5 charged attacks to kill).

For comparison, the normal skana has attack damage of 25 by default (IIRC), while Scindo has 50, and while normal Skana has 75 charge damage, Scindo has 200.

I don't think that the Scindo and Fragor really fit for some people though. It seems like the best way to find the melee weapon you like the most is to just try them all out until you find one you really like. While they do have their differences, you can usually make the melee weapon you choose powerful just by ranking it up and getting good/fitting mods for it.