The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buying Platinum

Jumaqidi

Question

Hi, i will be buying plat to buy a frame and wep. Please dont say to farm them since i wanted to support the dev for this game anyway. I was thinking of vauban since it is one of the hardest frame to get. Any ideas what weps to go along with him?

Edit: i was thinking of penta and gallatine. Not sure abt secondary wep.

Edited by Jumaqidi

15 answers to this question

All of those can be bought for plat?

Prime parts (For Soma, Lex and Glaive Prime and many other primes) can be traded for plat with other players, then you build the weapon.

Dragon Nikana and Jat Kittag can be brought from the Market (note Dragon Nikana requires Mastery rank 8 and Jat Kittag requires mastery rank 5)

Sancti Tigris (Requires Mastery rank 12) can be traded for plat with other players.

If you're just looking for something to spend the plat on, Stalker set and/or Hunhow's Gift.  If you have to pick one, Gift - it's currently the only way to own War and Broken War at the same time.

If you're looking for insta-Booben, hmm, depends.  If you're going Vortex I'd say Lanka/Sancti Tigris/Vay Hek and Kulstar, Bastille I'd say Tonkor and Vaykor/Lex Prime.  Melee I like the Dark dagger, just for the augment, but it's not in the market, so, Kestrel I guess.

All of those can be bought for plat?

Just the dragon Nikana and Kitty Hammer in the market.  Everything else he said can be bought with plat in the trade channel.

Also yeah - probably a better idea to buy the frame, then take the rest of your plat to the trade channel unless you've got a yearning for War and Broken War in your inventory at the same time.

Edited by (PS4)Cwellann

If you're just looking for something to spend the plat on, Stalker set and/or Hunhow's Gift. If you have to pick one, Gift - it's currently the only way to own War and Broken War at the same time.

If you're looking for insta-Booben, hmm, depends. If you're going Vortex I'd say Lanka/Sancti Tigris/Vay Hek and Kulstar, Bastille I'd say Tonkor and Vaykor/Lex Prime. Melee I like the Dark dagger, just for the augment, but it's not in the market, so, Kestrel I guess.

Just the dragon Nikana and Kitty Hammer in the market. Everything else he said can be bought with plat in the trade channel.

Also yeah - probably a better idea to buy the frame, then take the rest of your plat to the trade channel unless you've got a yearning for War and Broken War in your inventory at the same time.

Is war or gallantine better?

I'd say take your platinum to trading and get yourself a Braton Prime set, its a great weapon. If you're going with Vauban a good weapon for him would be the Tonkor. A good secondary would be the Atomos, and a good melee would be the Galatine

Hows penta against tonkor?

tonkor is widely believed to be the best launcher weapon... meaning itʻs way better than the penta 

I would not recommend you buy it with plat because itʻs just so dang useless to anyone new to the game.

Meanwhile soma prime/ soma is like widely agreed to be the best all purpose vanilla rifle, itʻs good, simple, easy to use, looks great, feels great.. overall itʻs pretty great till you reach the point where you can be more creative with your weapon choices. 

soma/prime is definitely not the best you are ever gonna get, so you can still progress.

Soma is a crit based rifle meaning you will need crit mods, feel free to buy from players with platinum or ask around and just get it for free (im serious, just dont be annoying)

The (Secura)Penta's more fun than the Tonkor though.  Air bursting is fun, and that risk of blowing yourself to kingdom come makes it way more engaging.  Then again, rocket jumping.

Is war or gallantine better?

Dunno, sorry, not rich enough to buy Gift. Looks better due to higher crit rate, but looks like a sidegrade to Scindo Prime, while Broken War is a straight upgrade to Dakra Prime.

tonkor is widely believed to be the best launcher weapon... meaning itʻs way better than the penta 

I would not recommend you buy it with plat because itʻs just so dang useless to anyone new to the game.

Meanwhile soma prime/ soma is like widely agreed to be the best all purpose vanilla rifle, itʻs good, simple, easy to use, looks great, feels great.. overall itʻs pretty great till you reach the point where you can be more creative with your weapon choices. 

soma/prime is definitely not the best you are ever gonna get, so you can still progress.

Soma is a crit based rifle meaning you will need crit mods, feel free to buy from players with platinum or ask around and just get it for free (im serious, just dont be annoying)

The (Secura)Penta's more fun than the Tonkor though.  Air bursting is fun, and that risk of blowing yourself to kingdom come makes it way more engaging.  Then again, rocket jumping.

Dunno, sorry, not rich enough to buy Gift. Looks better due to higher crit rate, but looks like a sidegrade to Scindo Prime, while Broken War is a straight upgrade to Dakra Prime.

I say tonkor because way down the line you can get an upgraded penta that is much better than the regular

I was thinking of nova, valkyr and vauban. Since I love damage and cc so i have a really hard choice haha. Can the frames use those weps you guys specified?

Vauban is one of the few frames that I will say specifically compliments certain weapons.  Vortex means that AoE weapons become MUCH better in his hands, thus Amprex is great, Ignis is awesome, and all explosive items become multiples more effective to a ball of enemies.

Anything with punchthrough is also going to get a benefit, so Bows certainly get a buff.

If you are going to buy a frame, Vauban is a fantastic choice.  Being farmed strictly from alerts, and with untrade-able parts, he would have to qualify as one of the most tedious farms to acquire.  It took me 3 months to catch the alerts to get his 3 sub-components.

Then, I must admit, buying the pieces to Soma Prime in Trade chat is a very solid primary choice, 

My all time favorite secondaries are the Synoid Gammacor, and the Stug.