The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Profits

xTrimmZ

Question

Me being able to purchase platinum is not something that's going to happen often. I have a Target gift card that I intend to use on it.

Could anyone give me some general (maybe even specific) tips on how to turn a profit when it comes to platinum so I can essentially not need to worry about being broke again?

3 answers to this question

mostly farm towers and sell the good items you get from there. Watch market to figure out what moves, though keep in mind people advertise to buy and sell at prices they aren't going to get a lot of times.

I've been hearing some really sketchy things about all these gift cards, btw.

You could also farm eris supply caches for electricity gold mods, but the drop rate is low. Still you could get maybe 30-50 plat per. Just depends on what you like spending your time doing.

The market fluctuates a lot and you will find that watching market and even just advertizing to buy or sell (and ignoring when people respond, since everyone does that when they don't like an offer.) I say that because trying to get a price check is impossible.

Also, some mods have recently become common place that previously were rare like gaia's tragedy, etc.

Are you talking about using trading chat or how to buy it if you're asking about buying it then it's probably best to wait till you get a 75% discount as a login reward (or at least a 50%) before buying so you can get the most for your money

Edit for trading: My only real reccomendation for this is to farm the newest prime frame when it releases which could get you 300+ easily depending on how fast you can farm it as well as buy low and sell high (may seem like a bit of a cliche but I once made ~1300p of profit just off buying and reselling piercing cal)

Edited by -Amaterasu-

The market is very fickle, and what sells great right now might become low-grade junk in a month or two.  I've been trying to move a Max primed continuity, which used to pull in 800-1000 plat.  I'm not able to sell it for 450.

Sell it at a lower price?  Nah, I'll keep it.  It killed off all my fusion cores, 2.5 million or so credits, and I'd say a solid 2000 extra mods in just random fusion to try pushing it to the max with less grind.

Generally, if it is hard to get, rare to drop, and just generally a pain in the neck to acquire, then there is a market for it.  If you casually got it from anything on the solar map, or any T1/T2, it's probably worthless.

Your options are:

Wallet Power 

Farm for days to earn that plat, seriously...

Lucky RNG hands you trinity prime, and you pocket the platinum you sell it for, instead of building new "shinies".

Also, Merry Christmas to my tenno brethren. /threadhijack