The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scindo Prime Vs. Galatine?

sKeeDyZ

Question

Just a decision i need to take, but in my opinion i kinda prefer Scindo Prime because it has so much slash damage with the good mods.

But as i search Galatine has: + attack speed

+ status chance

+ slash damage

- lower crit chance and crit multiplier

- psyhical damage

What would you choose? Galatine or Scindo Prime?

10 answers to this question

The crit chance + berserker on scindo prime more then makes up for the difference in speed, and slash damage is nice , but the full base damage + elements on scindo prime will scale farther.

That leaves just status and range that galantine has over it, but I don't value status too much on heavy hitters, and the range on scindo prime doesn't actually bother me at all.

Scindo Prime is an upgrade in basically every way.

Galatine has slightly more Attack Range and higher Status. Scindo Prime is an upgrade in all other aspects.

realistically though, neither of those benefits Galatine has is really very important. the Range is plenty fine on Scindo Prime IMO and Status on Heavy Blades isn't that relevant, as they attack very slowly compared to faster Archetypes (not that they're slow, but much slower than some other choices).

I prefer Scindo Prime for that increased Crit Chance. 10% crit chance of Galantine is too low to efficiently proc Berserker which means you'll do less damage in the long run compared to Scindo.

Besides if you have to choose only one, you'll want Scindo Prime as an alternative to War (since War is Impact and Scindo/Galantine are both Slash) in your collection. Galantine and War are too similar with them being both Greatswords