The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nezha Skills, Damage Or Cc Focus?

ThorienKELL

Question

What kind of frame is nezha, more damage oriented or better for cc?

In my experience his ult is underwhelming damage wise, with intensify could not take down common draco armored medium units. 

My first reflex is to go with - max range, high efficiency and duration, this way you can achieve fairly nice and reliable cc. Also, I was thinking about natural talent and perhaps some armor mod.

Is his [1] good only for movement or you can build around damage? Idk .. for defense missions maybe? 

Funnily, same question for his [2]? I've noticed that you won't teleport directly to ring but somewhere half way, similar to valkyir's [1]

His [3] works similar to rhino iron skin, with bonus of small damage to close enemies, right?

Any tips in play style of this frame and build focus are welcome.

9 answers to this question

Utility and CC is what I go with on Nezha

Same here mostly. I balance it out a bit with 2700dmg absorbed on Warding Halo and 388dmg per sec on Firewalker. 

If you can start seeing his #4 as pure CC then it becomes very good. I run circles around large groups of enemies staggering them and putting down good CC and then hit #4 so they are basically roasting on spikes. Then you can teleport to another group and do the same thing or pin them up on spikes as well.

#3 does great damage absorption but you have to keep moving.

Edited by RawGritz

Neither, he's mostly a utility frame. Able to clense procs off allies and stun enemies with fire procs. He runs really fast and has low friction too which helps you cover quite an area so you should stick to melee + 3'rd ability. Using that and running around can either kill enemies if they're low enough or melee enemies and you'll deal a ton of dmg on top of ur melee strikes and it's a defensive ability too.

Neither, he's mostly a utility frame. Able to clense procs off allies and stun enemies with fire procs. He runs really fast and has low friction too which helps you cover quite an area so you should stick to melee + 3'rd ability. 

So, using 1 and 3, yes? And when things get tough, impale everything around? Interesting tactics. How much power strength /eff do you use? 

EDIT, 

build, looking good?

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/543046747448062190/CAC9192B73F14F44CF0F02964BA515A78711A2CA/

Edited by ThorienKELL

How far into the game do you plan to take him as that affects how you would want to mod him.

Honeslty, if it's not too high lvl, like sub 40s, sub 50s... you can do whatever you want.

Now all this talk about playstyle is purely subjective btw. 

Ever watched football? The American one? I compare Nezha to a running back.

Running backs are lightly armored but speedy units yet operates at very close proximity to massive hulking armored brutes by ducking and weaving around.

Nezha will also operate at medium to close range.

Nezha is NOT A CASTER FRAME not to me atleast. His abilities don't scale all well and decided to let them take a more passive role.

This is the tankish Nezha build. 

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Loki/t_30_0400003030_2-2-10-5-4-4-6-7-5-8-8-5-19-3-10-55-0-3-57-1-5-479-5-10-481-6-8-616-9-5_55-9-57-8-2-12-19-14-5-8-479-14-481-6-6-11-8-14-616-9_0/en/1-0-9

Natural Talent/ Speed Drift is nice because his casting time sucks but it's optional because Nezha is NOT A CASTER FRAME.

Kay then, how I play Nezha 101
FIYAH WALKER! Use it to never fuqing get hit, like ever, run the fXck away, hide like a lil bXtch, don't stahp moving, FIYA PROCS!
Warding halo is weaker than your dad's condom, however it will repel all scratches and grazes. The halo simply exist to adsorb stray bullets that you did not manage to dodge through parkour.
Warding Halo also has that nifty stagger effect. you have no idea HOW UNBELIEVABLY safe it is IN THE MIDDLE of a crowd of enemies. It's still not easy btw* 
Divine spears isnt modded for range since we're close range anyway, but it also isnt modded for duration so don't take your sweet time sorting out the situation. 

Nezha truly reminds you that warframe is a fast paced game with skill involved...

Last minute pointers, energy restoring syndicate primaries are amazing, and Nezha kinda looks like Miku when colored right, and mirage's noble stance to embrace his inner trap
Edited by KuroNekoXlll

@Kuro, lol, that was a good review of his play style, gj. 

I found out that modifed for max range and good duration (high EFF as well but low STR) nezha can be solid cc frame, which will impale huge areas allowing your teammates to roast helpless enemies. I took it to sortie 1, survival several days back and it worked just fine. 

But I also agree that his balanced approach is most fun, long slides +fire trail +some ring protection make it surprisingly efficient melee-fun frame, you can nuke dangerous groups with spikes and just make barbecue running around them :) real fun and good power synergies. Melee is not real endgame powerhouse but this style can be utilized to reasonable late midgame, which is fine.  

Power 2 is sadly unfit for fast traveling, it takes you only half way there (similar to valkyir spiderman harpoon) and ring is generally slowish with limited range so it can get you to some places alright but bullet jumping does similar job almost as fast. 

As for nezha style, my new iliac armor fits like a glove with necromencer stance, looks like really badass little dude. 

Edited by ThorienKELL