The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Finisher/oneshot Build For Today Sortie 3?

Sir_Alex_Traffo

Question

So, I was planning to do sortie 3 tomorrow and maxing the daily focus at the same time; point is, I can't find a build that will make me oneshot those Corpus(I get very close with finishers, but I don't oneshot them, at least not all the units).

This is the best build I could end up with, but it's not working so far:

http://warframe-builder.com/Melee_Weapons/Builder/War/t_30_220003004_224-4-5-231-7-5-235-6-3-239-1-5-247-0-5-251-2-5-254-3-5-486-5-10-494-8-3_247-5-239-5-251-11-254-11-224-9-486-6-235-5-231-9-494-10/en/4-0-93

What would you suggest? Has anyone found a more effective build? If possible I'd rather have feedback from players who actually tried the build rather than theoretical suggestions.

Thank you!

15 answers to this question

Covert lethality daggers.

Pretty much this.

If you don't have Covert Lethality, you could just use Karyst with both toxic mods and base damage mods. Seeing how enemies have a ridiculous amount of shields, you're better off just bypassing it with toxic damage.

You could mod for Toxic damage on other weapons, as well. Karyst just helps due to innate toxic damage.

Edited by Nitresco

If you're going for finishers, keep in mind that Finisher damage ignores shields, so there's no real reason to run Magnetic. Speaking of, can Finishers even score crits in the first place?

no, you will see yellow numbers but they don't count as crits (don't proc berserker or Naramon "Passive")

So if I take a dagger and put Covert Lethality as the only mod it will oneshot everything provided it's a stealth finisher??

If you're going for finishers, keep in mind that Finisher damage ignores shields, so there's no real reason to run Magnetic. Speaking of, can Finishers even score crits in the first place?

Good question, dunno honestly.

So if I take a dagger and put Covert Lethality as the only mod it will oneshot everything provided it's a stealth finisher??

Yes.

Keep in mind that you'll be crippled when it comes to robotics, due to a lack of a finisher animation.

Also, consider putting Reach on so you can safely pop Nullifier globes without stumbling into them on accident.

Edited by Nitresco

Yes.

Keep in mind that you'll be crippled when it comes to robotics, due to a lack of a finisher animation.

Also, consider putting Reach on so you can safely pop Nullifier globes without stumbling into them on accident.

Yeah, the Moas are more difficult like that...I think the "box" or rectangle on their backside takes triple damage though (not 100% sure), so it's still a good place to aim.

Yes.

Yeah, the Moas are more difficult like that...I think the "box" or rectangle on their backside takes triple damage though (not 100% sure), so it's still a good place to aim.

Uhm, this pretty much means I have to avoid killing robotics as there's no way I can stealth kill them without finishers.

Also, I don't think Primed Reach will make me perform a finisher outside nullifiers bobble, will it?

keep some other things in mind if Covert Lethality is not your preferred solution:

4bR5oUu.png

and the Article for further reference.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Melee_2.0#Finishers

it was a test to show that finisher damage doesn't ignore shields as everyone here said.

if Enemies in that Mission had boosted Shields, then that would be a possible unintended result (being a new thing).

i also don't see any source of Finisher Damage in your picture. all i see is whacking at something while Invisible - which doesn't give you Finisher Damage.

Finisher attacks don't bypass shields.  If you guys really want, I can post a vid of something getting radial blind finished but I tried it a few weeks ago when I was trying to figure out an Excal build and inadvertently saw that.  Blue and yellow numbers popped up every time, and against enemies that lived through it, their shields and life had both taken damage.  Think it's a bug, but the threads in feedback never got any response from DE that I saw.

Also yes, finishers can crit.  Proved it to myself by damage variance in the Simulacrum with a counterattack finisher against the same enemy, using the same weapon.  Damage varied, and most importantly, berserker proc'd.  From what I've seen though, it deals a normal crit damage in addition to the finisher, it doesn't make the finisher subject to the crit multiplier.

All this aside, the best approach is just patience and stealth and getting through the level without killing anything.  I had two kills on yesterday's spy sortie, and did it solo.

Edit:  Proof about the shields thing.  I screwed up once and took a regular swipe, all the rest are finishers.  Totally unmodded Prisma Skana.

Edited by (PS4)Cwellann

keep some other things in mind if Covert Lethality is not your preferred solution:

4bR5oUu.png

and the Article for further reference.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Melee_2.0#Finishers

if Enemies in that Mission had boosted Shields, then that would be a possible unintended result (being a new thing).

i also don't see any source of Finisher Damage in your picture. all i see is whacking at something while Invisible - which doesn't give you Finisher Damage.

it was a stealth finisher, with an unmodded weapon(venka) and it was done on a pluto exterminate mission, no boosted shields there.

Ash is my most played frame and i've never seen bladestorm's finisher damage or stealth and teleport finishers ignore shields, at least not since damage 2.0.