The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is This Chroma Build Any Good?

ThorienKELL

Question

I've recently potatoed chroma this is my take on "balanced" chroma build;

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/543046747451858142/1C3C01BE500467DDC064891FA3EF34323893B490/

Should I go with 2 builds, one for maximum duration, power strength and low EFF for tanking and other high EFF for credit farming?

What to change? Any play style tips? As I can see his 2 and 3 are incredibly useful and turn him into tank, however i'm concerned about diminishing return of too much armor. His ult is imo 'meh' but useful if you need credits I guess, 1 is meh too, correct?

What element you prefer? I went with cold.

Edited by ThorienKELL

11 answers to this question

Personally, I would take out that Power Drift and replace it with a Redirection, and maybe turn that constitution into a Narrow Minded? GJ getting your Primed Cont that high. lol  Imo I'm all for his armor ability, but I'm too lazy to get mine formad. Guess I'll do that later today

If you go to the direct link of your image (right-click the image -> View Image), you get the URL that ends with .jpg, .png, etc.

Then you'll be able to use %7Boption%7D(the URL)[/.img] to display the image within the post. Without that period in there

Edited by Torhque

Redirection? No, no, no...bring a raksa kubrow and you get to the maximum armor cap with the recast.

Too much armor is never a real problem as you loose half of it while the effigy is active.

That's another function btw, next to range unaffected light CC.

I'd recommend

Vitality

Steel fiber

(Prime) Flow

Rage

Narrow mindet

Prime continiuty

Streamline

And transient fortitude/intensify

Power drift should probably go into the exilus slot at some point and the aura... i personally prefer health regen for the best tank build.

Both, ice EW and the effigy are unaffected by range (at least for the offensive part, yeah, definitly the best pick. Get fire for better effigy CC and poison for better reload speed) so going for narrow mindet is 100% worth it. Rage takes care or your energy so you're able to keep the effigy active while getting a pretty decent vex armor going. Pick a raksa to compensate for the missing shields, if you even want to reach the max and try the augumented furis...that one is godlike on him.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

You shouldn't have to worry about range; Spectral Scream isn't a skill you'll use a lot due to no scaling and Elemental Ward is more for yourself than team. Move Power Drift to exilus slot and place Transient Fortitude, substitute Constitution for Narrow Minded, max out Fleeting Expertise and remove Streamline, and add Flow or Primed Flow. This should give you a good balance between efficiency and duration at around 160% each and 200% power strength. Even though efficiency is at 160% you'll get most back by taking damage head on.

If you're focusing on the use of Elemental Ward and Vex Armor use this build below. This build is lean more towards duration but leaves efficiency at 130%. Due note with this build you can't leave your Effigy out for too long, it'll drain energy fast. It also requires you to get hurt... a lot to replenish the energy you used.

Flow or Primed Flow

Narrow Minded

Rage

Vitality

Steel Fiber

Transient Fortitude

Intensify

Streamline

and keep you aura and exilus mod

Edited by NekroArts

I have been playing around with Chroma quite a bit lately. I will show you my builds. So the first build is my tanky ice build:

2015-12-26_00001_zpsu5nqlizq.jpg

First, just ignore the aura polarity, its something that i have been sort of testing lately along with coaction drift to see if I can get a decent use from stacking it with my arcane grace set which I am trying to finish at the moment (rank 2 atm). I added quite a few polarities and I took ideas from sci_ant's thread and kept the Power Strength at 200%. It has work well for me, I have been able to face tank level 100+ enemies and this includes Sentients.

2015-12-26_00002_zpsceejlws4.jpg

This is my effigy build. For the most part I am not too impressed by effegy after the energy drain change since its current hard cap is a 2.5 energy per second. Range doesn't affect it so narrowminded is a great choice here as well. One thing I have been thinking of is removing Intensify and add Rage to see if I can keep effegy going for longer periods but it would cost me power strength so I am sort of in the fence right now.

2015-12-26_00003_zpsc04szf1q.jpg

This is a concept build that I have been pondering for some time. Since Quick Thinking also benefits from the armor increase of your warframe plus the 240% efficiency drain this build would increase your health pool by leaps and bounds. I have yet to test it on any high level missions to see how it holds up but I figured I should share it with you anyways, may be you can get some ideas from it.
Edited by S0V3REiGN

Thank you all guys especially the Sovereign. 

I've took my chroma on few runs, overall I must admit I'm not overly impressed by it. It's just that he doesn't have too much going for him imo. Slow, no cc, no movement skills and armor has it's limitations. 

His 2 and 3 look good on paper, but in practice, going melee in bunch of T4 mobs will deplete your health rapidly even if you're using life strike - one of ideas I wanted to use my chroma is melee frame, since his armor is so insanely high. 

He's quite good in using buildup weapons like synulor or ignis thou. You don't care if being hit too much. 

He does not require too much of energy, good duration and solid energy pool is enough if you're relying on 2/3 all the time. 

On the end I think I'm gonna use it in a way it was designed, to buff my team in defenses probably (100% range at least), be tanky and use effigy to bring my team more credits. "Whole package" deal, in this way you can bring it in all farming, defense and similar missions, along with nekros and hydroids. 

Sorties have finally improved my credit state (i'm always farming and building bunch of stuff) and since I got all frames recently I finally got up on 2 mil, but now I bought legendary core and my credits are back to 5 digit numbers. 

Edited by ThorienKELL

I've took my chroma on few runs, overall I must admit I'm not overly impressed by it. It's just that he doesn't have too much going for him imo. Slow, no cc, no movement skills and armor has it's limitations.

I know you don't like to self-nuke for benefits, but damaging yourself after activating VA for the ~6x damage buff helps make up for the lack of utility abilities. I'll admit that a pure-tank setup is quite boring - staying alive isn't all that tough in this game so survivability alone is ineffective - the considerable damage buff at least offers offensive potential.

If VA didn't have the damage buff component I would likely not even use Chroma. :S

Oh didn't know it can be done. Hm, maybe I'll try it.

How do you dose damage, if I take my 4 forma kulstar I'll kill myself :)

Balanced gameplay seems fun thou. Leave your dragon turret and you're running around supporting it, collecting orbs. 

I've swapped element to fire, health buff for all party. Not bad.