The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stalker...first Encouter With Him, And He Vanished...wut

SamuraiPizza

Question

So I was doing one of the invasion missions, and there were only 3 enemies remaining and I thought my teammates will make short work of them by the time I reach them so I just ran towards extraction.

Then the damn lights flickered.

"I know your every move, Legion216..."

CRAP. I panicked. then I thought, no worries. I have my Hek that's reasonably well modded. I can take him. Bring it. So he spawns RIGHT there on the extraction pad (while I'm still waiting for my teammates to extract) and I just stick my Hek between his buttcheeks and UNLOAD. I managed to staggerlock him for a bit and thought I was actually going to put him in the ground, then he teleported and...never showed. Huh? I thought I must have killed him but at the end of the mission I did not get any drops. That makes sense because he DID have a good 2/3rds of his health when he blew smoke out his behind (literally..heh) and straight up disappeared. So he probably didn't die.

Can someone explain to me what happened?

Edited by Legion216

10 answers to this question

Not sure. He never appeared at all for me twice.

My guess? Someone in the squad hasn't completed the Second Dream (assuming it means they didn't simply program it so that Shadow Stalker can't appear in a mixed squad in the first place). You get the cinematic threat, but his upgrade can't appear because he doesn't exist yet for all squad members.

Or it's just a bug and he materializes in a wall or not at all.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

While trying to be respectful enough to avoid spoilers, I'll word this the best I can.

The Stalker spawn rate (before or after the quest) is in no way affected by the quest itself. Though, humorously, he showed for me twice in a row after completing the quest. :p

The loot issue is this: If you get his health below 0%, loot will drop. If he kneels and the lights flicker again, that usually means he got way, and you may not be as lucky with the hopes of looting him. My guess is that he may have teleported away while invisible and then kneeled and vanished. He's done that to me a few times prior playing the quest! >.< Though I don't like to kill him anyway because Stalker is <3 c:

Welp! Anyway, I hope this helped you, if even a little bit! :)

Edited by DaganEldr

There are 4 possible outcomes to a encounter...you defeat him (he kneels down like he lost a duel), he leaves (what you encountered), he dies (straight death with corpse and teabagging) and he wins, you die.

He dropps in all situations when you defeat him, thing is, he can be very stingy with his dropps. There is no guarantee to get anything and you'll probably get many dreads in your playtime.

Just keep it up.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108