The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Efficiency Bug Or Not Working Properly.

xrisoulos

I noticed a while ago that efficiency mods don't work as they should. The efficiency gap is 175%, so with a maxxed fleeting expertise and a 2 star streamline you should be capped. But I noticed that on Ember and Excalibur and most likely every other warframe with similar abilities, the energy drain is less with maxxed streamline.Is 175% supposed to be soft or a hard cap on efficiency ?

On channeled skills (like Excalibur's Exalted Blade, Ivara's Prowl, etc) think of it like this:

Efficiency is how much energy is used each tick...

Duration makes the time between ticks longer...

Therefore the relative energy-per-second is halved by +50 Duration, OR +50% Efficiency.

So a skill using 5 Energy Per Tick, with Normal duration = 5 EPS (Energy Per Second)

Double duration to 200% halves the usage = 2.5 EPS

now add +50% efficiency to that double duration = 1.25 EPS

Since you so kindly asnwer me and explained me few things.Explain me this as well on my ember with maxxed fleeting and 2 star steamline thats 175% efficiency the energy per second is 1.11 and with maxxed fleeting and maxxed steamline that over capped 190% but only show 175% in tooltip the energy per second is 0.75. Why is this happening if its not a bug ?

Since you so kindly asnwer me and explained me few things.Explain me this as well on my ember with maxxed fleeting and 2 star steamline thats 175% efficiency the energy per second is 1.11 and with maxxed fleeting and maxxed steamline that over capped 190% but only show 175% in tooltip the energy per second is 0.75. Why is this happening if its not a bug ?

WoF has base drain of 3e/s

Slapping Fleeting Expertise and +15% Streamline results in +75% efficiency and -60% duration.

The result is:

3*.25/0.4 (.75/.4, or 1.875e/s drain).

With both mods maxed, we get:

3*.1/.4, (0.3/0.4 or .75e/s drain, that is within "+75% max efficiency bonus").

You really dont want to max fleeting expertise unless you have no room for streamline, if you do, max streamline and only bring fleeting up part way, you save some duration there which is better for channelled abilities.