The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoiler-Ish] Using Ember To Farm Focus

Cyborg-Rox

Question

I bought a Greater Lense and put it on my Ember Prime, as she's quite viable at killing stuff up to around level 30 with my current build. I'm wondering what the most efficient way to farm Focus with Ember is.

I was thinking maybe an Eris Defense mission, but if another gamemode works better, please let me know.

Also, I'd like some help with my WoF builds. I have one for max range + great efficiency + augment, and one for good strength + okay efficiency + okay range. What should I focus on?

7 answers to this question

bPDbXmx.jpg

Max range Exterm bully

TeRxv8l.jpg

Balanced build

Ignore the overkill formas.

Auras to taste.

R5 Streamline, if you can, saves you 0.2 E/s on WoF.

Note that on the 1st build, you can shift OE onto the D and add Firequake.

Also, these are from before the Drift mods, so there's that.

Ancedote:

I take the 1st build w/ Firequake to Ceres surv (not DS) solo, 35m with nothing beyond WoF and Accelerant.

Earth Tycho gives ~12k focus for 35m with a normal lens and no booster, same deal as above.

Can't recall the Focus payout for Ceres Surv, off the top of my head.

(If you're doing that use CP, obviously.)

Compare and contrast with ~22k in ~20 minutes in a 4 man 4 round Draco where I'm not competing with someone else for Focus.

:|

Edited by Chroia

Compare and contrast with ~22k in ~20 minutes in a 4 man 4 round Draco where I'm not competing with someone else for Focus.

:|

Ive got a really similar build to your max range but with not as good results.  Atomos with a regular lens and Ember with a greater lens I'm getting ~16k for four rounds on Draco with no booster, usually doing about 60% of the damage.  I never bother with premade groups though, and it usually ends up being 100-4 each round.

Ive got a really similar build to your max range but with not as good results.  Atomos with a regular lens and Ember with a greater lens I'm getting ~16k for four rounds on Draco with no booster, usually doing about 60% of the damage.  I never bother with premade groups though, and it usually ends up being 100-4 each round.

To be fair - as opposed to Tycho - I only ran Draco once, to test.

Might've been an exceptionally good run. idk, don't have a control to compare with.

Edited by Chroia

Chroia, you might want to up that Streamline to max Rank - even if the shown Efficiency stat stops at 175%,

any Efficiency beyond that is still factored into toggle abilities if you have below 100% Duration,

check the Abilities tab to compare your World on Fire drain with R4 vs R5 Streamline.

To be fair - as opposed to Tycho - I only ran Draco once, to test.

Might've been an exceptionally good run. idk, don't have a control to compare with.

I ran a couple Draco runs yesterday to try the different builds. Max range gave me 4k focus after 4 rounds, and balanced gave me 1,5k after 1 round. (This is before I switched to a Greater Lense) Will try the balanced build for 4 rounds now.

Edit: Alright, so 4 rounds with 40% damage done gave me 9k Focus. Will try some other missions now.

Edited by Cyborg-Rox

I used to afk Sedna, mobile defense missions before they changed the spawns. I was averaging about 1.5k per min with normal lens. Now you have to run around more.

edit: Now It's just a little over 1k per terminal.

Edited by MrJxt