Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Alt Helmet] Nekros - Lazarus (Now For Sale in Steam Workshop)

Syncrasis

Okee dokee let's get this show on the road. Most recent on top:

s2hpdbaq8hax.jpg

93sybm885jnz.jpg

ne7ajyqkopor.jpg

tumblr_o1i3qeWEvA1qdt0m6o2_r2_1280.jpg

LAZARUS

Now up for voting on the Steam workshop here:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=603334774&tscn=1453111288

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tumblr_nzn1w6c5fi1qdt0m6o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o00a63y7Kf1qdt0m6o1_1280.jpg

Still thinking about changing the middle area because it looks a lot like the default helmet in there, maybe a single round optic instead or something. Also need to fill in the area behind the main fin bits with something, probably tubes or fibrous organic strands or layered flat pieces

Edited by Syncrasis

What is the theme of this.  If you look at the other helmets you can tell the general idea behind them. The default is of course like the grim reaper, Raknis is some insect like with some skull like features and the last one looks like a shroud. So what's your idea behind this?  I think it would just help in tying up the design a bit more and separate it as much as possible from the default.

What is the theme of this.  If you look at the other helmets you can tell the general idea behind them. The default is of course like the grim reaper, Raknis is some insect like with some skull like features and the last one looks like a shroud. So what's your idea behind this?  I think it would just help in tying up the design a bit more and separate it as much as possible from the default.

That's a good point! I was thinking something like tall wooden masks used in various cultures for sacred rituals, but also wanted to bring in a little bit of Egyptian stylings with the pieces in the back, which I should probably iterate on in the front as well. 

I'm thinking I'll actually move most of the "optic" parts up into the headdress itself now. Thanks for the suggestion!

Edited by Syncrasis

kinda... Whats those guys from Destiny.... Fallen?

Ahh, I don't play Destiny, but image search shows me they have some frill things too. Neat!

Mini update as I work on this today. Side view is a little lacking, but really happy with how the other parts are evolving so far.

nekros_helmetWIP4_zpsd7vmzthm.jpg

Edited by Syncrasis

Filling in the space between the faceguard and the prongs in the back of the head with more technical stuff/mechanical details that Warframes so often have could better fill the space and make the overall shape more wholesome.

Or you could just fill that area in anyways. I mean, it doesn't change the front view at all if you make the back of the head look a bit more natural or less protruding.

I like this design a lot. Only, you still have to keep in mind that the mortos binds need to fit seamlessly into the back of the head somewhere right?

I had this mentioned to me yesterday too and must admit I wasn't considering that until then. I have some ideas to make it work, will start messing around with that right now. Thank you for the reminder! I'm thinking it might help the side view silhouette too

Looks quiet nice - maybe a little bit taller :P. Would buy that ( if i would use Nekros at all).

Any plans on doing something similar for Oberon ( if he becomes available for tennogen)?

Something crown-like.

Edited by Gemenai

Looks quiet nice - maybe a little bit taller :P. Would buy that ( if i would use Nekros at all).

Any plans on doing something similar for Oberon ( if he becomes available for tennogen)?

Something crown-like.

Tbh I'd love to make a helmet for every Warframe, but alas, my free time is about to run out. 

nekros_helmetWIP9_zpsegimerix.jpg

nekros_helmetWIP10_zps1nk4fmvs.jpg

Started with another pass on some detail areas and added a piece to support the Mortos attachment. Still needs some thought, but it's moving along. Thanks for the feedback, as always!

I like how you've tied some features of the earlier helmets to this one.  Like the two handle things at the back looking like the same material as the 3rd one ( crisscross pattern ).  This also somewhat reminds me of those African tribes who have all sorts of things piercing their cheeks.

@Syncrasis, I think that it would look a lot better if the new area on the back that connects to the Mortos attachment was fully attached to the back of the head- so that the empty space between the two back horns is filled . (So that there isn't empty space between the two back horns and the new Mortos docking point). However, the space between the back horns that is visible from the front would remain empty space.

Edited by Jamescell