The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx Prime Build Help

Viedra_Lavinova

Question

5 answers to this question

Im going to tell you the core mods to do a build around Nyx third skill, Chaos

Just go for efficiency and power range: Level 4 Fleeting Expertise, Level 4 Streamline, Maxed Stretch, Maxed Overextended. Vitality for survavility. After this core im going to say to you some alternatives up to you to decide according to what you prefer, try them and keep what you prefer.

Dont remember the name of the exilus mod that increase the range but use that as well. I personally prefer low power duration build to spawn the third skill, the confused state last about 2-3 secs, and my chaos last 8 secs, so every 8 secs they dont move for 3 secs. Some people prefer longer duration since the patch where you can recast chaos and the addition of the syndicate mod for chaos.

For Aura: Energy Siphon for recovering energy, always useful, Corrosive Projection, really help when fighting against high level grineer, void enemies, enemy radar is an interesting option that can give you awareness of the enemies around you to get full potential of chaos.

More survavility with redirection is not a bad idea either, also you can try and adding intensify to help mitigate the power strength reduction from overextended, you can also try blind rage for this purpose; about transient fortitude, you can try it but my advice is against it if you already have fleeting, the duration of chaos will be too low.

Nyx is a CC frame, not a damage frame so kept that in mind and have fun with it, i personally enjoy her a lot and most of the time i run interception and hijack missions with her.

I'm no pro but I main Nyx Prime. She's a CC frame, Chaos is your best friend. Absorb is good for damaging everything around you but it doesn't scale very well so given that it's your only ability that requires Power Strength, there's really no need to focus on it in your build. Range and Duration are the most crucial factors and then add as much efficiency as you can in order to be able to spam Chaos, now that they've removed the cooldown timer for it. This build won't require you to use a Forma and performs very well as a CC support frame for the team.

Aura: Energy Siphon or Corrosive Projection

P Flow rank 8(or requires a Forma), P Continuity, Vitality, Redirection, Overextended, Stretch, Streamline, Fleeting Expertise.

If you find yourself having trouble casting Chaos in time to avoid lethal damage, consider using Natural Talent instead of Stretch or Streamline. Nyx is a bit squishy hence using two defense mods. Get used to hitting 4 to avoid lethal damage, Bombard rockets, flame auras etc and then just pop out of absorb, knocking down everything around you and cast Chaos. Mind Control is useful on Eximus and Ancient Healers to remove buffs from enemies. Any time your shields go down, hit 4 and recharge your shields while safe in Absorb. Have fun.

Edited by Zilchy

My personal use of her is focused on...

1 - Keeping enemies from attacking the party.

2 - Picking off strays with Psychic Bolts.

3 - Absorb still being useful in emergencies or for huge groups.

4oT1zkJl.png

- Flow: More energy as a pool for Absorb, and also spamming her 2 and 3.

- Primed Continuity: To offset the loss from Fleeting.  Chaos may stun and confuse nicely for most situations at short durations, but sometimes you're in over your head and it'd be helpful if the enemies kept damaging eachother for a longer time.

- Streamline + Fleeting Expertise: To get 70% efficiency without a huge duration cut.  Two mod slots for one purpose hurts, but it's worth it here.

- Redirection + Vitality: Survivability, etc.

- Stretch: So her Chaos and bolts reach further.

- Natural Talent: Instead of going for extreme range, I have a modest boost to range and make up for it with the ability to Chaos faster.  It's saved me from quick retaliation more than once.

(I also have an old arcane helmet on her, without it she'd have slightly more armor and her efficiency would be 70% instead of 75%, I figured the difference is minor enough to warrant just this note here.)

my favourite nyx p build (250% range, max effi, decent duration), concentrated on chaos and lots of movement:

1. Redirection

2. (Primed) Flow (can be replaced by some other mod of your choice, since chaos costs 19 energy with max efficiency, but is a must if you want to use absorb for damage soaking (it still won't do lots of damage with 40% power str))

3. Stretch

4. Overextended

5. (Primed) Continuity (yes, you can recast chaos now, so having more duration is good)

6. Fleeting Expertise R4

7. Streamline R4

8. Natural Talent

Exilus: Cunning Drift (for extra +15% power range)

Aura: Corrosive Projection

Edited by maumastoks

my favourite nyx p build (250% range, max effi, decent duration), concentrated on chaos and lots of movement:

1. Redirection

2. (Primed) Flow (can be replaced by some other mod of your choice, since chaos costs 19 energy with max efficiency, but is a must if you want to use absorb for damage soaking (it still won't do lots of damage with 40% power str))

3. Stretch

4. Overextended

5. (Primed) Continuity (yes, you can recast chaos now, so having more duration is good)

6. Fleeting Expertise R4

7. Streamline R4

8. Natural Talent

Exilus: Cunning Drift (for extra +15% power range)

Aura: Corrosive Projection

More duration can still hurt you, because they will still attack you if you're close enough. Low duration is for the stun.

Edit: you can't stun enemies affected by chaos.

Edited by Irregardless_Existence