Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trinity Vs Nekros Solo T4S For 1 Hour+ , Is It Possible For Either One ?

M.ZET

Question

First time to make a post here ~ So this time I  just want to know that is it possible for a summon build nekros to survive in T4 tower more than 1 hour ( close to 2 hours is the best if it can do it), I know Nekros are very popular in a survival team, but I  haven't  seen any video about a solo nekro for more than 1 hour in T4S so far . However , some one said that a summoner can survive a very long time than other frames ( should build with mod that reduce damage by linking your minions).  Is it possible ?

As I can not deny that I still like trinity so much , so I  upgrade this thread.

For trinity , I  know there are already many videos on internet about trinity solo t4s for more than 1 hour. Just curious about that are those video still useful?

More over whats your opinion about who is better , Nekro and trinity , to solo T4S?

Welcome to discuss it , thanks

Edited by Maxhzalot

22 answers to this question

It's possible but would be a challenge overall. Even with the Shadows aug, some attacks will easily kill linked Shadows, it would be more used for blocking direct damage rather than facetanking, good for a full Arcane Aegis+Barrier build. Terrify would probably be more utilized, which is nice to add on top of a CP+Coaction for about 50% armor reduction. A Tonkor/Sanctigs will easy carry all the way to 45, then it becomes a game of CoD.

If I was paid plat to do it, I would :)

A friend of mine Mained nekros back a while ago, and got about 45 mins in, and that was without focus and syndicate primaries. With focus, it's definitely a bit easier to solo long end mission with a lot of frames. (By that I mean naramon)

Shield of shadows, high power strength and ok duration. 145% range for terrify, desecrate as source of life /mana and really good hard hitting primary, like synulor. 

Nekros is overall fairly tanky frame, I often take it to farming stuff solo, nothing on starmap can touch you. He would probably do well to late T4, have no reason to believe otherwise.

XY3e4DY.jpg

I'm very lazy when it comes to survival missions so i didn't go myself... but my friend has. This build is pretty easy one and you can solo survival for long time. Your summoned friends stay for around 55seconds which is good enough you have enough time to kill other enemies during that time to summon next ones. Power Strength makes them stronger. You can use 'Desecrate' to get enough oxygen packs, however, you need to be close to fallen enemies' bodies because range is very low. Equilibrium is pretty op with this setup, whenever you pick health orb you will get some energy and same goes for picking up energy orbs it will give you health.

You could put exilus adapter to make perfect build and put drift mod that gives more strength or range. I'm just lazy and cannot be asked to go on draco and do it myself.... Waiting for nekros prime *-* (Yes, i do know that saryn prime is confirmed and is coming next)

Edited by Dominik1231

XY3e4DY.jpg

I'm very lazy when it comes to survival missions so i didn't go myself... but my friend has. This build is pretty easy one and you can solo survival for long time. Your summoned friends stay for around 55seconds which is good enough you have enough time to kill other enemies during that time to summon next ones. Power Strength makes them stronger. You can use 'Desecrate' to get enough oxygen packs, however, you need to be close to fallen enemies' bodies because range is very low. Equilibrium is pretty op with this setup, whenever you pick health orb you will get some energy and same goes for picking up energy orbs it will give you health.

You could put exilus adapter to make perfect build and put drift mod that gives more strength or range. I'm just lazy and cannot be asked to go on draco and do it myself.... Waiting for nekros prime *-* (Yes, i do know that saryn prime is confirmed and is coming next)

This build seems amazing. But where is the my will to put 4 formas?

First time to make a post here ~ So this time I  just want to know that is it possible for a summon build nekros to survive in T4 tower more than 1 hour ( close to 2 hours is the best if it can do it), I know Nekros are very popular in a survival team, but I  haven't  seen any video about a solo nekro for more than 1 hour in T4S so far . However , some one said that a summoner can survive a very long time than other frames ( should build with mod that reduce damage by linking your minions).  Is it possible ?

As I can not deny that I still like trinity so much , so I  upgrade this thread.

For trinity , I  know there are already many videos on internet about trinity solo t4s for more than 1 hour. Just curious about that are those video still useful?

More over whats your opinion about who is better , Nekro and trinity , to solo T4S?

Welcome to discuss it , thanks

I don't see how it would be impossible. But remember you have to kill the enemies first in order to summon them and damage fallout would be extreme. Also, when going for more than an hour the enemies would swarm you pretty badly, then the cast time would come into play.

I only want to know what's the point of going 2 hours?  

Lets see...

1. Desecrate doesn't change results based on enemy level.

2. Enemy's drop the same loot no matter what level they are.

3. Xp is higher but solo T4 is no place to bring low or unranked anything, plus there are better places to get xp

4. There'd be a lot more heavy units spawning, shielded and with so much armor and health that you'd run out of source of spawning shadows

5. After 45 minutes, enemies would one shot you and your summons

6. Terrify would be your one saving grace, but then a single player needing to kill mobs fast due to timers and needing oxygen...even with terrify it'll take all day to kill enough 100+ enemies to keep the oxygen supply high since oxygen doesn't pop out anywhere near as often as health orbs.

Overall, not saying it's not doable, just think there is no good reason to other than just to do it.  So what is the goal exactly?   I just don't see the use of going that long solo.

Just want to add that not only do I solo over 95% of the time, but I've done solo runs with every single frame in the game to at least 1 hour or so and every single time around the 1 hour mark, while it's still doable when you are well prepared, there risk verse reward begins to stack against you, especially a squishy frame like nekros.

Edited by Krymanol

Overall, not saying it's not doable, just think there is no good reason to other than just to do it.  So what is the goal exactly?   I just don't see the use of going that long solo.

You seem to have forgotten the primary reason most of us play video games...

Here's a hint - if it's to get the best risk:reward ratio of imaginary loot, you might need to take a break for a while.

@OP: Nekros and Trin both have armor reduction capability and high survivability. This makes them both well suited for long solo runs against armored opponents.

Here's a hint - if it's to get the best risk:reward ratio of imaginary loot, you might need to take a break for a while.

@OP: Nekros and Trin both have armor reduction capability and high survivability. This makes them both well suited for long solo runs against armored opponents.

He knows what he is talking about. You forgot about something tho... fun and pride of doing it solo ;) Nothing is better than some challenge in game, that's what makes the game alive in my opinion.

Nekros has a way harder time, but i think he can do it. I think though that oing that long you'd be better off using a Terrify build for CC and armour reduction, paired with an AoE primary.

Although i am in the process of formaing my Nekros to fit my Summoner build (BR max, PFlow max, PCont max, Stretch, Equilibrium max, Vitality max, Depoil and Shield Shadows) and i'm gonna try an endurance run with that one sooner or later.

Trinity can go 60min solo no sweat at all, Linktank build with Abating Link and you can roll their faces up and down however you see fit.

Certainly the condescending way you replied is not necessary.    I need not state the obvious.  We all know the most basic reason people play games is to have fun.    So I didn't ask that specifically because it's too vague and wouldn't lead to a proper answer I seek.  In fact, to say someone does, 2 hour runs for fun is not an answer, fun is a symptom, not the cause.

So what I want to know is "WHY" is it fun?  What makes it actually exciting to do 2 hour missions?  What is that thing that happens that makes you smile and enjoy yourself in a 2 hour run?   I just don't see it and feel that if there isn't anything that creates incentive to go 2 hours, which is why I made the partial list of things that may lead to incentive to go beyond the normal mission lengths.   

Also, with 8k post, I'm sure you read a lot of threads and I'm pretty sure you've seen (even if you don't remember) that I've stated multiple times in the past that I don't believe in playing games for loot rewards and that  I don't grind for anything specifically. 

Overall, nothing I said points to any belief that I think actual loot is the only incentive to do anything in a game or that it's what I think defines fun.   Fun to me is character development.  It's competition.  It's learning from others.   It's teaching others.  It's making a friend or two.  It's true challenge that requires seeing and processing information and adjust to any situation in an instant and being successful.   Two hour endless runs has none of that because nothing has changed in hour 2 that wasn't there in hour 1 except more armor, hp and enemy damage output.  That's not fun and challenging, that's tedium. 

So if you can explain what tangible thing actually makes 2 hour runs fun, then I'd like to hear that answer, but if you have nothing but more condescending responses, then we need not continue conversing about this, lets someone else respond if you don't have the answers for me to learn from.

Certainly the condescending way you replied is not necessary.    I need not state the obvious.  We all know the most basic reason people play games is to have fun.    So I didn't ask that specifically because it's too vague and wouldn't lead to a proper answer I seek.  In fact, to say someone does, 2 hour runs for fun is not an answer, fun is a symptom, not the cause.

So what I want to know is "WHY" is it fun?  What makes it actually exciting to do 2 hour missions?  What is that thing that happens that makes you smile and enjoy yourself in a 2 hour run?   I just don't see it and feel that if there isn't anything that creates incentive to go 2 hours, which is why I made the partial list of things that may lead to incentive to go beyond the normal mission lengths.   

Also, with 8k post, I'm sure you read a lot of threads and I'm pretty sure you've seen (even if you don't remember) that I've stated multiple times in the past that I don't believe in playing games for loot rewards and that  I don't grind for anything specifically. 

Overall, nothing I said points to any belief that I think actual loot is the only incentive to do anything in a game or that it's what I think defines fun.   Fun to me is character development.  It's competition.  It's learning from others.   It's teaching others.  It's making a friend or two.  It's true challenge that requires seeing and processing information and adjust to any situation in an instant and being successful.   Two hour endless runs has none of that because nothing has changed in hour 2 that wasn't there in hour 1 except more armor, hp and enemy damage output.  That's not fun and challenging, that's tedium. 

So if you can explain what tangible thing actually makes 2 hour runs fun, then I'd like to hear that answer, but if you have nothing but more condescending responses, then we need not continue conversing about this, lets someone else respond if you don't have the answers for me to learn from.

If you have already developed your characters you have nothing to do except have fun and stand up for challenges so your response and completely irrelevant, and I am pretty sure that Darzk was trying to say that not all you do is for upgrading or gaining something when you already have it. 

Yeah, I was being a little... antagonistic for no reason. I suppose I was trying to be humourous. Just as I'm sure you'd assume the primary point of playing is to have fun, I'd assume the primary point of running a long mission is not for the loot - and therefore must be for some intangible; challenge, accomplishment, fun, maybe even key conservation. 

The fact of the matter is the OP did not create this thread to discuss the viability of running long missions. He wants to run them, and it is not for us to question his motivations for doing so. If you'd like to comment on the lack of scaling rewards (personally I think this is an issue as well) there's a number of other threads discussing that topic.

OP was merely asking whether Nekros and Trin were capable of doing so - and the response is that they're both excellent choices for it, because of armor reduction and damage mitigation. A lot of people forget that Terrify reduces armor when it causes enemies to flee, which can help dramatically with keeping up the DPS against increasing armor scaling, while the SoS augment provides decent survivability, and Desecrate spawns health, energy (with equil) and Life Support. Trin is arguably easier, with armor removal possible from the Link augment and higher survivability, but lacking the ability to spawn LS so she requires higher dps output. 

I fail to see how Darzk's response to your snarky post is condescending in any form or way, when in reality your the condescending one questioning OP's desire to do a two hour run, and proceeds to deduce the meaning or lack thereof to do so. To each their own, no one has to explain anything to anyone to prove a point. If the OP wants to do a two hour run and has come to the forum to seek guidance on how to do so then be constructive and offer advice that may help him achieve his goal, after all this is Players Helping Players and not Players Questioning Other Players Definition of Fun.

But back to subject, I can relate to why you want to do a +1 hour run with the frame of your choice. Its a test of skill, the constant need to push the envelope, to strive to become a better player, and to challenge oneself in a game thats widely becoming too easy after you've beaten every challenge there is in game. 

Both frames are very capable in surviving long runs with each having their pros/cons

Trin -  Has two forms of damage reduction with 99% Damage reduction possible with bless and 75% damage reduction from link, self sufficient in keeping energy up in order to constantly cast skills that will ensure your survivability. Downside is she can't desecrate and does not have any form of CC, unless you count WoL and EV as a form of single target CC. 

Nekros - With SoS aug mod 90% damage reduction is possible, Shadows also acts as a soft CC that distracts enemies and takes the heat off of you while you keep up the kill counts to ensure maximum amount of Shadows on your next cast. With desecrate you can sustain life support but this is contingent on how good you can keep up your kill count, so ideally you want to bring an AOE nuke weapon that can take down mobs by the masses ala secura penta/tonkor/synoid. Downside being his damage reduction is capped at 90% no matter what you do, and late game even with 90% DR mobs can still one shot you when shields is active, or you'll find yourself in a situation where your shadow runs out and your not in a safe position to recast as the casting animation is on the long side. 

Epicagemo mentioned he had a buddy that solo'd a t4s to 45 min with a nekros, that just so happens to be me (at least I think hes talking about me =P). That was my one and only attempt at breaking the 1 hour barrier with nekros, I have been meaning to give it another shot but I would need to reconsider my load out. That being said I feel Trinity would be better suited for the job of surviving, as her kit primarily focuses on staying alive and tanking damage, and like other players have mentioned if your going to run Trin just make sure to bring a weapon that will scale nicely into late game so that you wont run out of LS. 

Best of luck and let us know how you fare =D

Has anyone said it yet?

I'ma say it

Yes and Yes 

Harder for Nekros,but if you got some MLG warframe skillz go for it

Trinity is like tier 1, Nekros is like tier 3 lol

The last time i watched trinity videos was back when she was god tier, it's definitely not AS easy anymore 

With how powerful certain weapons are in the game, your biggest worry isnt so much "WHO HAS ARMOR REDUCTION" but rather who has an easier time staying alive (which would be trinity).

So grab your Tonkors m8!

Edited by KuroNekoXlll