The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need An End Game Gun.

CadenFall

Question

So I just got back since I think the last time I played was U15, maybe earlier. I was unstoppable, I had Rhino who never died and my Penta cleared entire rooms in one blast. Now I came back because of people hyping up U18 and I just did a Sortie mission and I died for the first time on Rhino in over a year and my Penta isn't even chipping off health anymore. This is crazy!

I tried to look up youtube builds but I found nothing, maybe U18 is too new? I need some one to point me in the right direction. What weapons should I shoot for that can clear lvl 100+ enemies?

Rhino is not a fantastic choice for sorties. Even if you do have a four-second period when activating Ironskin where it'll eat incoming damage to boost its HP, that still only gives you four seconds' extra durability on it. I'd recommend something like Valkyr or Limbo to live longer, although you have to be careful with Limbo since he's squishy as hell if anything can actually damage you.

Xdu mean 3 seconds Period xD

Synoid Simulor, Lex Prime/Vaykor Marelok if you need a pocket sniper, Sonicor if you need cc, Winds of Purity Furis if you need ranged lifestrike; melee is, at least for me, really situational, but tends to be either a Glaive Prime (Nullies/self damage), an augmented Covert Lethality Dark Dagger (if I can reliably get finishers), or the Dragon Nikana (everything else).

End game, eh~ Well it depends on how you define "End Game" in your own term. Well anyway, this is what my end game weapons are:

Primary: Tiberon, Synoid Simulor, Vaykor Hek, Sybaris, Attica

Secondary: AkMagnus, Lex Prime, Dex Furis, AkSomati, Pyrana

Melee: Dragon Nikana, Scindo Prime, Tonbo, Jat Kittag, Boltace

Edited by Arkstorm

A fellow rhino lover? I don't post much but I can't pass this up. He is very usable in sorties with a build that includes the syndicate augment "Iron Shrapnel", which allows you to recast iron skin. (It also might be worth looking at the changes made to him recently) Also, check out his palatine skin in the market. If you like rhino it will definitely be worth looking at. As far as weapons, Tonkor, synoid simulor, vaykor hek, and sancti tigris are all personal favorites. Vaykor Marelok is a very good secondary and brakk also remains good. Melee wise, it's rumored that galatine prime will be making an appearance in the next prime access. Also, make sure to check out the syndicate procs of each syndicate- some heal, some give you energy, and decide what suits you best! Lastly, damage 3.0 will probably come in U19, removing some damage mods like serration, and making multishot affect ammo to some extent. The guns I listed are ammo efficient enough to hopefully remain effective regardless of how ammo is balanced.

step 1. Get six forma and a reactor 

step 2. Get at least a decent weapon

step 3. forma the F*** out of it till it screams for you to stop all the mod slots 

step 4. potato it

step 5. mod it to do the most damage you can possibly do in whatever the weapon boasts in ( Crits, Elemental, raw, etc )

step 6. ?????

step 7. Profit

edit: Oh if you want a really big gun that justs fun and does a lot of pointless damage, get an opticor.

Edited by Reedfish

A fellow rhino lover? I don't post much but I can't pass this up. He is very usable in sorties with a build that includes the syndicate augment "Iron Shrapnel", which allows you to recast iron skin. (It also might be worth looking at the changes made to him recently) Also, check out his palatine skin in the market. If you like rhino it will definitely be worth looking at. As far as weapons, Tonkor, synoid simulor, vaykor hek, and sancti tigris are all personal favorites. Vaykor Marelok is a very good secondary and brakk also remains good. Melee wise, it's rumored that galatine prime will be making an appearance in the next prime access. Also, make sure to check out the syndicate procs of each syndicate- some heal, some give you energy, and decide what suits you best! Lastly, damage 3.0 will probably come in U19, removing some damage mods like serration, and making multishot affect ammo to some extent. The guns I listed are ammo efficient enough to hopefully remain effective regardless of how ammo is balanced.

Sweet, thanks for the tips. Yeah I got the Palatine skin the very same day I started back up again. Now I just heard that Rhion Prime is going away so I'm scrambling to farm him. I just got the BP and the Systems. Working on Helm and Chasis now.

So I've decided to go with Tonkor and Lex Prime as I do want Vaykor Marelok, however that is a long time away. I've potatoed both of those but haven't used forma yet. Man I'm so excited, this is the first time I've seen red crits! The Tonkor is amazing! It took me a while to get used to it until some one in game pointed out that there is a lazer that shows the trajectory of the grenade. After I saw that, it was smooth sailing in Sorties. The Lex Prime with out a forma is one shotting guys in the lvl 80s.

Man, thanks so much for the help guys. Now I'm back on my feet. Once I finish up Rhino Prime, I'll go and do the Second Dreams quest for this lens thingy I keep hearing about. I just don't want to miss the window to farm Rhino Prime.

As a fellow Rhino the King, let me suggest to drop the gun and raise Orthos Prime instead.

May you be victorious on the battlefields through the power of the ancient arts of

Orthos Prime is like a mobile nuke when handled like a King.

Sortie 3: Grineer Interception.

Why CC when you can spin to nuke?

WWikqkI.jpg

Corpus Survival Sortie.

20hCnks.jpg

Cry a lot? Out of frustration? Feels from the lore? Man I'm excited, I've been dodging spoilers like crazy. I even had to stop watching the Dev Stream today.

Hey, nice stats with the Orthos Prime. I'll have to look into that weapon. I've been using the Dragon Nikana on my Valkyr Build for high ranking stuff already. I'll see how that plays.

The most mindless gun you can get are Soma/Boltor Primes. Extremely good, but extremely mindless too.

Other than that, Opticor is like a more accurate, easier to use, alternative to the Penta/Tonkor. Highest base single-shot damage of all weapons, and a potatoed one with no forma is a viable weapon for Sorties (End-Game missions with level 80-100+ enemies).

Not really a fan of explosives myself, so can't really say much 'bout them.

For secondaries, I've been maining Telos Akbolto (Arbiters of Hexis Secondaries), which have nice fire rate, really nice damage, and ok supplementary stats. And of course, it has the Syndicate AoE, in a this case, a 1000 Gas damage AoE. I highly recommend them. 

Sonicor is also a really nice secondary. Supp. stats are ok, and damage isn't amazing, but in terms of utility, it is the best. Constant ragdolling FTW!

For melee, an easy one is Boltace. Not a lot of people really use it, but the stance is easy, and with some mods you can take this into T4 for a while.

Dragon Nikana is a really common one. Some of the best stats, and it has three great stances to choose from. 

Broken-War is by far my favourite and is competing for best melee right now. As a sword, it benefits from Crimson Dervish, and it has better stats than the Dragon Nikana. Another 2 good ones are both Blade-and-Whip weapons, the Mios and the Lacera. They both have really nice stats, with Mios leaning towards crits along with some status (20% status chance) and the Lacera being a pure status weapon (80 base electrical damage with 45% status chance). Defiled Snapdragon is easy to get now, and is one of the best stances.]

And for pure fun, Kogake is amazing. Not te best, but it is the most fun.

My go to weapon for anything of high difficulty is the Sancti Tigris, current build has 20k slash damage and 17k radiation.

If you are looking for a replacement to Rhino would suggest a chroma with the more formas the better, at around 6 formas with massive power strength and good duration can stand in front of 10 level 80 heavy gunners and take pretty much no damage once you have cast elemental ward and vex armour and have lost your shields you just become SUPER TANK man for around a minute depending on duration.

As for secondaries and melees, not really sure as I just rip through everything with my Tigris, can 1 shot a level 100 bombard from close range.   :)

tonkor is gonna get nerfed word is?  Not sure how, though.

Angstrum is a good backup rocket and its not a brick tosser ...  but don't use it with ANY other sniper ammo gun.

melee ...  whatever you like, Ive got mios for general purpose but like all general purpose it fails on uber armor grineer eventually.   A puncture melee works well endgame vs armor.  

Edited by jonnin