The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Madurai Focus Questions

(XBOX)AbradantBread99

Question

7 answers to this question

hi i was just wondering why it says madurai focus does 10k damage per second but it actually doesn't when i use it it does good damage sometimes but other times i see it hitting enemies for only 200 damage per second what is going on is this a bug?

It does Blast damage which isn't all that great against anything that isn't Corpus.

Basically get the passives and activate it for that at the moment.  Until they change the damage type it won't get much better.

Realistically, as the damage focused Focus, it should have a damage type that is impossible to mitigate.  Unfortunately we got crap and they gave that damage type to another Focus.

hi i was just wondering why it says madurai focus does 10k damage per second but it actually doesn't when i use it it does good damage sometimes but other times i see it hitting enemies for only 200 damage per second what is going on is this a bug?

It does have 10,000 DPS it's just that things like armor and damage resistances exist which scale with enemy level which will mitigate alot of it if you hypothetically used it against an enemy with no armor, shields, or resistances then it would do the displayed damage

If Excalibur's Exalted Blade can obliterate enemies in Sortie missions as a toggle ability (plz dnt nerf) then surely there's room for a ZoE style Vector Cannon for Madurai users for 5-10 seconds every 5 minutes or so- especially if it's a linear cannon and not a tactical nuke. That seems fair. 

I chose Madurai because I wanted to have the option to heal/insta-revive friends while I'm playing more offensive style Warframes so maybe if we have a dedicated kill cannon more people would be willing to play supportive roles but still have the option to decimate overwhelming enemies whenever the chips appear to be down. I'd switch to Madurai if I had that kind of versatility. 

It does Blast damage which isn't all that great against anything that isn't Corpus.

Basically get the passives and activate it for that at the moment.  Until they change the damage type it won't get much better.

Realistically, as the damage focused Focus, it should have a damage type that is impossible to mitigate.  Unfortunately we got crap and they gave that damage type to another Focus.

+1

It needs to be finisher damage.  Probably a bit less, because armor/shield bypassing damage is pretty strong, but it really needs to be finisher damage.

PS. DE please either fix finishers so they bypass shields or let us know our beloved wiki is wrong.