The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jat Kittag Sortie Build?

Codesco

Question

4 answers to this question

Alright.

2 ways depending on the school of thought you follow.

The Jet Kitty has 25% status chance so you can go full blown status build which will give you less dmg but is far more effective against armor which is your primary concern. So just stack status/elemental mods in how you want. If you like a lower status chance you can add more dmg and vice versa.

Then there's the question of how do you want to get more atk spd. Fury which gives a static one or Berserk which procs when you crit and is faster but relies on your crit stat. Crit multiplier mods suck for melee so don't use those and just rely on the weapons innate crits.

Personally I use the Shattering Storm stance as it has a lot of dmg + forced knockdown and a good multi hit RMB combo. (drops from Ruk at Saturn)

I use this build. (Substitute Fury for Berserk if you want). You really just need dmg% mods and Status% mods everything else is personal taste.)

UpaYLff.jpg

Also if you're going to forgo all status mods you can put in Shattering Impact to take out armor.

I generally only care about armor as that's the most common thing in the void. If you're fightning corpus I recommend Radiation/ toxic or any elemental build that bypasses shields.

Life strike is also a really important mod for melee and depending how you like to channel it's level should reflect that. Use channeling a lot? An unlevelöd one will do. Use it rarely? Max it.

Also if you're going to use Valkyr Hysteria only add DMG% mods as Hysteria has quick combos and has a 0% status chance.so status mods are pointless.

Hope this gives you some direction into what you want to do with your build.

Experimentation is key so don't just copy paste builds. Check out what works for you and roll with it.

Building for melee is mostly dictated by Status chance and crit chance. Other than that it's just personal preference + dmg mods.

Edited by Ziegrif

Alright.

2 ways depending on the school of thought you follow.

The Jet Kitty has 25% status chance so you can go full blown status build which will give you less dmg but is far more effective against armor which is your primary concern. So just stack status/elemental mods in how you want. If you like a lower status chance you can add more dmg and vice versa.

Then there's the question of how do you want to get more atk spd. Fury which gives a static one or Berserk which procs when you crit and is faster but relies on your crit stat. Crit multiplier mods suck for melee so don't use those and just rely on the weapons innate crits.

Personally I use the Shattering Storm stance as it has a lot of dmg + forced knockdown and a good multi hit RMB combo. (drops from Ruk at Saturn)

I use this build. (Substitute Fury for Berserk if you want). You really just need dmg% mods and Status% mods everything else is personal taste.)

UpaYLff.jpg

Also if you're going to forgo all status mods you can put in Shattering Impact to take out armor.

I generally only care about armor as that's the most common thing in the void. If you're fightning corpus I recommend Radiation/ toxic or any elemental build that bypasses shields.

Life strike is also a really important mod for melee and depending how you like to channel it's level should reflect that. Use channeling a lot? An unlevelöd one will do. Use it rarely? Max it.

Also if you're going to use Valkyr Hysteria only add DMG% mods as Hysteria has quick combos and has a 0% status chance.so status mods are pointless.

Hope this gives you some direction into what you want to do with your build.

Experimentation is key so don't just copy paste builds. Check out what works for you and roll with it.

Building for melee is mostly dictated by Status chance and crit chance. Other than that it's just personal preference + dmg mods.

Do you by chance have a cookie cutter build i could follow then i can improve off of that

Do you by chance have a cookie cutter build i could follow then i can improve off of that

Pressure Point, Reach/Primed Reach, Spoiled Strike and Life Strike (if not using Valkyr) for sure.  Max on all of those, except for the conditions noted above RE: usage of channeling attacks.

After that, flavor to taste.  Fury or Berserker for attack speed.  Status mods if you want to build status (using the Nightmare duo-stat mods, not the common-variety +status chance mod, which is terrible), and if not, then focus on the physical damage mods such as Heavy Trauma and Shattering Impact.

Those are the two main directions you can take the JK in.  Status proccer, or pure physical dmg.