The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rage And Toggle-Able Abilitites

(PSN)UltraKardas

Question

9 answers to this question

Rage does work extremely well for toggle abilities.   However there are issues to consider.

1. It only works when your health pool takes damage.

2. verse low to mid level enemies, they don't do enough damage fast or often enough and you can one shot them too easy, so rage doesn't get a chance to work too often or not at all and therefore is just a wasted slot for the mod if you are fighting too low of an enemy.

3. At high levels, most things can one shot or nearly one shot you, so quick thinking mod may need to be equipped on frames with low base health and low base armor.

4. Can't equip lots of shields or you just make it hard for rage to work.  For example, someone like Mag using shield polarize and the augment that gives her 2,000+ overshields will see rage never having a chance to work except when you run into life leech/toxic enemies such as infested toxic ancients.

Now as for your friend and oberon, I believe there are better options.

1. Equip a max rank flow or primed flow instead of rage...you'll need one mod (flow) instead of two (rage and quick thinking).  So saves mod slots and mod points.

2. Equip enough power efficiency to cap it at 75%.  This will reduce renewals energy drain per second to 1.25 I believe.

With that, you should have 500+ energy pool and never run out of energy.  I use this on almost all of my frames who have toggle abilities except in specific specialty builds where rage mod works really well on frames who burn a lot of energy due to needing to spam their powers to survive (vauban for example).

Also power duration does affect toggle ability cost too but in the case of renewal, I think it'll make the healing ticks take longer and you want low power duration in which case it would raise the cost of your toggle ability.    So increasing power duration is not something you want to do if you want to run renewal to best effectiveness 100% of the time.   So unfortunately, if you want to make renewal a 100% uptime ability, it's gonna hurt the duration of your other 3 powers massively....like the blind from reckoning, the projectile travel time of smite and the duration of hallowed ground will all be extremely short.   Hallowed ground may be so short that it won't be worth using.  

Ignore the above strike through, I made a mistake thinking about wrong power mechanics, thanks to OniGanon for pointing this out.

Edited by Krymanol

Renewal is not really something you should / can have active all the time, though,

it doesn't do anything once / if the ally has full Health, and then automatically stops working for them.

Many have argued that it should be a continuous, super-charged Rejuvenation until manually deactivated but alas, nope :(

Use Equilibrium; it's a hard to come by mod that functions like Equinox's passive.  Whenever you pick up health orbs, you also gain some energy (depending on the mod's rank; at max rank you gain ~27 energy from health orbs I think).  You can combine this with a self-damaging weapon so you can pick the health orbs, as you still need to be hurt to pick them up.

Also power duration does affect toggle ability cost too but in the case of renewal, I think it'll make the healing ticks take longer and you want low power duration in which case it would raise the cost of your toggle ability

Err, no. That's the exact opposite of how Renewal works. Duration makes Renewal heal faster.

Use Equilibrium; it's a hard to come by mod that functions like Equinox's passive.  Whenever you pick up health orbs, you also gain some energy (depending on the mod's rank; at max rank you gain ~27 energy from health orbs I think).  You can combine this with a self-damaging weapon so you can pick the health orbs, as you still need to be hurt to pick them up.

Eh? Equilibrium is for getting health from blue orbs. The only frame that can use Equilibrium to reliably get energy is Nekros.

Edited by OniGanon

Err, no. That's the exact opposite of how Renewal works. Duration makes Renewal heal faster.

Actually when I wrote that, I believe I had energy vampire on the mind since I had just finished modding trinity.  I forgot that renewal works opposite of EV when you increase power duration.   So yeah, thanks for the correction...will edit the post to reflect my mistake in case others read it and don't want to pass bad information.

Eh? Equilibrium is for getting health from blue orbs. The only frame that can use Equilibrium to reliably get energy is Nekros.

Oberon's ultimate tends to create a lot of health orbs when it gets kills though.  I mean, you do have to actually use it and succeed at getting kills with it, of course.