Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Mara Weapons

Ozais

I kinda doubt it'll happen. I think they were using the name Mara as a placeholder or something and forgot to change it before it released...

On the other hand, if that's not the case, I'd like to see more Mara weapons. Not that they're really any different from prismas anyways. Both have the same visuals (different default colors is all) and stat buffs, come from the same person for the same currency. I don't really see the difference other than the name.

I honestly wish they would rework the whole weapon variant thing before they decide to add any more. It's very confusing and if you're just going to make a direct upgrade to a weapon, why not just update that weapon with the more powerful stats and give it the option of the new aesthetics?

I just don't get why, for example, we need a Latron and a Latron Wraith. Even the primes are pushing it. Mastery Rank doesn't cut it because each weapon is a huge investment, and Catalysts and Forma don't carry over, therefore the last thing I want to do is progress from Latron to Latron Prime or Latron Wraith.

Instead of raising stats to make the originals pointless, they should keep the stats on all guns the same across versions, but add in different / unique secondary fire options. It would make the originals still workhorses, but then really spice up the different versions quite a bit.

Mara is a reference to Mara Jade, of the Smugglers Alliance from the Star Wars expanded universe.

Codex entry for Mara Detron

"For Orokin-era smugglers, this fearsome handheld shotgun was a favored tool for 'dispute resolution'."

DE missed a great opportunity to put out another Mara weapon through the void trader with the release of the new Star Wars movie.

I can see it now... Mara Tigris.

"For Orokin-era smugglers, this fearsome shotgun was a favored tool for 'aggressive negociations'"

Edited by Pythadragon

I honestly wish they would rework the whole weapon variant thing before they decide to add any more. It's very confusing and if you're just going to make a direct upgrade to a weapon, why not just update that weapon with the more powerful stats and give it the option of the new aesthetics?

I just don't get why, for example, we need a Latron and a Latron Wraith. Even the primes are pushing it. Mastery Rank doesn't cut it because each weapon is a huge investment, and Catalysts and Forma don't carry over, therefore the last thing I want to do is progress from Latron to Latron Prime or Latron Wraith.

All for the dps. I added 5 forma and a catalyst after the prisma grakata dropped.

All for the dps. I added 5 forma and a catalyst after the prisma grakata dropped.

What, to the new Prisma Grakata? That's not what I'm saying, I'm asking why they didn't just buff the original weapon. Why release a weapon that is just a reskin of an existing weapon with additional potential? Why not just buff the original weapon instead of release these confusing, and completely needless, variants?

What, to the new Prisma Grakata? That's not what I'm saying, I'm asking why they didn't just buff the original weapon. Why release a weapon that is just a reskin of an existing weapon with additional potential? Why not just buff the original weapon instead of release these confusing, and completely needless, variants?

Because that is how they keep people from joining the game with really op weapons. It slows the progress and keeps the game fresh.

Honestly, based on the only one released, I figure there is one of three qualifications for a weapon to be able to become a candidate for the name Mara

1: a special weapon(in this case Mara Hate pleeeease)

2: a secondary weapon(Maybe Mara akjagara?)

3: a detron(in this case fml)