The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hate Vs Reaper Prime

Caseph

Question

I rarely hear about the Hate Scythe and hear + see a lot of people using the Reaper Prime more. The Reaper Prime seems to be more hype. It seems that the hate has better base stats including a higher attack speed. Is there another reason that the Reaper Prime is more hype than the Hate? Another question I have is can you customize the colors of the Hate Scythe?

8 answers to this question

I rarely hear about the Hate Scythe and hear + see a lot of people using the Reaper Prime more. The Reaper Prime seems to be more hype. It seems that the hate has better base stats including a higher attack speed. Is there another reason that the Reaper Prime is more hype than the Hate? Another question I have is can you customize the colors of the Hate Scythe?

Hate has a slower attack speed (0.917) versus Reaper Prime's (1.07-ish).

Hate has slightly higher status (15%) versus Reaper Prime's (12%).

All other stats listed in the arsenal are equal for both weapons. Because of this, Reaper Prime is more desirable because the extra attack speed is much better than the (barely) higher status of the Hate. This, compounded with Scythes being a tad slow with Stalking Fan makes people gravitate towards Reaper Prime. (I think Stalking Fan is more preferred by the populace).

Also, I'm guessing people like Reaper Prime because it's Prime and everyone seems to go nuts for that sort of thing.

Hate is colorable, but only the red portions and the regions on the handle. The blade is unfortunately not colorable.

Edited by Otenko

Hate has a slower attack speed (0.917) versus Reaper Prime's (1.07-ish).

Hate has slightly higher status (15%) versus Reaper Prime's (12%).

All other stats listed in the arsenal are equal for both weapons. Because of this, Reaper Prime is more desirable because the extra attack speed is much better than the (barely) higher status of the Hate. This, compounded with Scythes being a tad slow with Stalking Fan makes people gravitate towards Reaper Prime. (I think Stalking Fan is more preferred by the populace).

Also, I'm guessing people like Reaper Prime because it's Prime and everyone seems to go nuts for that sort of thing.

Hate is colorable, but only the red portions and the regions on the handle. The blade is unfortunately not colorable.

Oh, I thought it was the higher the number the higher the lower the attack speed. Would you personally prefer the Hate or the Reaper Prime.?

Looks/ prime gear, i think.

Possibly one of the reasons.

You could also do what I do, and colour the Anku so it looks primey, and then pretend it's the reaper prime while your actual reaper prime cries in the corner.

Anku is honestly just better. Higher damage, which is weighted in puncture instead of slash, 20% crit chance meaning you can build for Berserker, higher attack speed than hate, on par with Reaper Prime. The only thing that any of the other scythes have on Anku is slightly higher status chance, which doesn't matter when you hit twice as fast with Anku anyway.

Oh, I thought it was the higher the number the higher the lower the attack speed. Would you personally prefer the Hate or the Reaper Prime.?

Attack speed is a multiplier on the weapon class's animation speed. For example, Hate's attack speed is 0.917, so it's attacks are 0.917 times as fast as a "normal" scythe with 1.00 attack speed (which would be considered the base speed).

I personally prefer Reaper Prime because I've always been a fan of its aesthetics. I'll probably end up using Hate more once it gets PBR and/or gets the option for the blade to be colored.

You could also do what I do, and colour the Anku so it looks primey, and then pretend it's the reaper prime while your actual reaper prime cries in the corner.

Anku is honestly just better. Higher damage, which is weighted in puncture instead of slash, 20% crit chance meaning you can build for Berserker, higher attack speed than hate, on par with Reaper Prime. The only thing that any of the other scythes have on Anku is slightly higher status chance, which doesn't matter when you hit twice as fast with Anku anyway.

The Anku is widely considered to be the best scythe at the moment, so this is an option.

All in all, it's up to you (OP) as far as what you want to use.

I have actually never considered the Anku. I'll take a look at it thanks!

Attack speed is a multiplier on the weapon class's animation speed. For example, Hate's attack speed is 0.917, so it's attacks are 0.917 times as fast as a "normal" scythe with 1.00 attack speed (which would be considered the base speed).

I personally prefer Reaper Prime because I've always been a fan of its aesthetics. I'll probably end up using Hate more once it gets PBR and/or gets the option for the blade to be colored.

The Anku is widely considered to be the best scythe at the moment, so this is an option.

All in all, it's up to you (OP) as far as what you want to use.

Thanks for the explanation! I finally get how the attack speed works. The Reaper Prime does look a lot better then the Hate.

both wepons lack on dmg a lot i use both for  channeling and heal purpose

What melee are you currently using?