The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Speech Recognition Compatible With Warframe?

Circle_of_Psi

Question

Hello Mods/DE and Players!

So a quick story: I've been playing Elite Dangerous, lately and I've just installed a Program called "Voice Attack", if players who play E-D, should understand what this is, If not I'll give a basic Run-Down: Its a voice command that allows you to control your ship in-game. However you need to use the pre-istalled Program called "Speech Regcation" to train your PC to understand you.

What is S.R: Speech Recognition is a program that allows you to control your PC, via your voice: Exp: Open start menu: It opens. So what does this mean for this topic?

Well, I'm wondering if the "speech recognition" is supported by Warframe, so I'm able to use it In-game, for Example I will use it, in the landing craft: Open Market, Open Codex, Open Nagvagtion.

While in-game, I will be useing my powers, so if I'm playing Valkyr, I chuold say "Warcry", and she will use that power, or smiplely "Hysteria".

I chuold even just Act out Warcry, such as yelling: "Raghh", and it will use that power. 

So, has anyone done this, or knows if its usable in Warframe?

Thanks

Legion

Edit: Made it more clear to read, and fixed errors.

Edited by LegionCynex

7 answers to this question

I have a program called Vocals which I linked up to STO once. It's basically voice-activated keyboard commands set up manually by yourself.

It worked...somewhat...("full impulse!" *increases throttle by smidgen* "...hm...") and could probably be usable in Warframe too. It would just mean setting up a command for Vocals to input 4 whenever you say Hysteria (or RAAAAARGH I guess).

Obviously the downside would be that you'd either have to have a unique set up for everyone frame you own or a shared setup that is just "power 1/2/3/4". That's a lot of commands to key in for the former and probably isn't really worth it unless you really just want to scream into your mic for the sake of channeling Valkyr.

EDIT: Another thing to mention is whether it could be considered abuse like some macros. I mean I doubt it, especially since there's delay between your voice activation and the commands keying in but still...

EDIT 2: I decided to test Vocals with Warframe, with one power activation command set up. Shouting "fabulous!" to activate my (pink) Fire Walker was amusing, but not something I would use full time since I can activate my abilities faster than Vocals triggers them. Still fun though.

Edited by Animatronic

Hmmm, this is basically connecting voice recognition with keyboard commands, which prob limit to the ESC button, or the X button if you already stand in front of the console. If you hit ESC, the menu pops open, but I don't there are key bindings active in there. Because abilities are tied to keys, those might be able to bind to your voice recognition.

Interesting! Will follow this. Have you tried already?

Hmmm, this is basically connecting voice recognition with keyboard commands, which prob limit to the ESC button, or the X button if you already stand in front of the console. If you hit ESC, the menu pops open, but I don't there are key bindings active in there. Because abilities are tied to keys, those might be able to bind to your voice recognition.

Interesting! Will follow this. Have you tried already?

I have tryed going in warframe and saying commands, but I'll give it another shot

I have a program called Vocals which I linked up to STO once. It's basically voice-activated keyboard commands set up manually by yourself.

It worked...somewhat...("full impulse!" *increases throttle by smidgen* "...hm...") and could probably be usable in Warframe too. It would just mean setting up a command for Vocals to input 4 whenever you say Hysteria (or RAAAAARGH I guess).

Obviously the downside would be that you'd either have to have a unique set up for everyone frame you own or a shared setup that is just "power 1/2/3/4". That's a lot of commands to key in for the former and probably isn't really worth it unless you really just want to scream into your mic for the sake of channeling Valkyr.

EDIT: Another thing to mention is whether it could be considered abuse like some macros. I mean I doubt it, especially since there's delay between your voice activation and the commands keying in but still...

EDIT 2: I decided to test Vocals with Warframe, with one power activation command set up. Shouting "fabulous!" to activate my (pink) Fire Walker was amusing, but not something I would use full time since I can activate my abilities faster than Vocals triggers them. Still fun though.

Ok thank you for this