The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Easiest Way To Kill A Juggernaut?

Vaizis

Question

17 answers to this question

there's 2 ways to effectively kill a Juggernaut.

- wait for it to raise it's front legs to perform a Ground attack, it will expose the glowing Crit spot on it's belly. one good shot from a Tigris or other powerful weapon will seriously hurt it.

- there is another Crit Spot on the top of it's back, inside the mouth. if you can get high enough, you can more effectively shoot it from above, ideally with a good long range weapon like a Dread. i prefer this Tactic on the Juggernaut Behemoths since this Crit spot becomes huge and their ground attacks are devastatingly wide.

Just go one-shot it with a Molecular Prime + Sancti Tigris. It's literally a one-shot kill for Juggernauts. Back or belly. I just walk right up to it, shove the pointy-end of my double barrel in it's mouth and gently squeeze the trigger. *POP!* goes the Juggernaut.

(This same set up also one-shots each of Lephantis' three weak spots while Primed. Haven't tried it on any other bosses yet.)

How about level 80 Juggernaut during Sortie Extermination. I hit him with Molecular Prime then 3 forma Sancti Tigris to the belly when he reared up and I might as well have sneezed on him. Only took about 10% of his HP...

Banshee can oneshot even 105 lvl Juggernaut with something like Dread or Lanka. And sonar of course.

I was solo lol. I thought a Nova with MP and Sancti Tigris might make a dent. I was wrong. His return fire which actually missed me as I dodged(the spines) was an insta-death despite 500 energy and Quick Thinking. Reloaded and didn't draw him out the second time. Ridiculous enemy in a Sortie Exterminate.

Edited by Zilchy

Hydroid and a decently modded sniper rifle will make 'em a joke. Just stand a bit away from it, wait for it to do it shotgun-needle attack. Right before the attack executes the back opens up, shoot there then immediately hit 3 and the needles will pass harmlessly through you. If it looks like it's going to ram, just hit your 2 as it starts and you'll pass harmlessly though the Juggernaut and be pretty much perfectly spaced. If it rears up to do its stomp+summon allies shoot it in its big glowing belly which, IIRC, will prevent it from laying down its tar field and summoning allies... and it doesn't, just cast your 1 on it and kill the summoned enemies while it's pinned in place (it'll curl into a ball as long as it's being hit by your 1 so you can keep it immobilized as long as you need).

If it does its poison cloud attack, either wait it out with your 3 or use your 2 to move away or through it as you need. The thing's pretty much a pushover.

I find the easiest ( and to my surprise fun ) way to best a Juggernaut is to bring a well modded Ignis to the fight.*Inb4 DE nerfs it..(again)*

Mod with fire damage, fire status chance mods ,damage mods (I know that part is basic but...) and for maximum fun, max out sinister reach on it, might take a few forma, but I find it works, (Though i'm sure its next to useless on a sortie one..bullet sponges)

Mirage (Well modded as well) and Hall Of Malevolence augment optional.

Edited by Slander630