The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Focus, Lenses And Fused Weapons?

(PSN)CoolD2108

Question

Hey guys, i kinda reached a dead point and wanted to ask for advice...

I've planned to add Volt prime to my regular frames with the console release of U18 and the naramon focus as i just love the melee in this game but now i'm unsure about where to put the lens...

I'd assume that Volt won't get that much affinity when swinging a melee weapon, that's why i thought about putting it on said weapon..problem is, i'd prefer War over my current Broken War and i still need some alertum to fuse them...

Should i put the lens on volt anyways, will it fuse with broken war or should i wait until War is ready? Help :o

13 answers to this question

If you put the lens on Volt, you'll gain focus for all your kills by any means, though weapons will gain at half the rate of ability kills. If you put it on a weapon, you will only gain focus from that weapon's kills.

Check out the wiki page regarding Focus to find out how it is distributed.

Wait until War is ready and put it in there.

In my case I just started to love Ember when I got my first lens. Therefore I put one there and my second into my dread. Somehow I farm focus very easily... (I love to punch through the door in Tx Defense with my Dread)

Edited by Eremitthefragger

Focus is split weapon/warframe 50/50.

So slotting that naramon lens on your volt prime will net you 50% of whatever kills you do with any weapon and 100% of the kills done by volt directly.

....lets say i get 2, put one on my volt and the second on the weapon, that should result in 150% the ammount right? That would answer my misery then. I put the first on volt and wait for war to be finished for a second lens :)

....lets say i get 2, put one on my volt and the second on the weapon, that should result in 150% the ammount right? That would answer my misery then. I put the first on volt and wait for war to be finished for a second lens :)

whenever you kill something with volt, you'll get 100% on volt (whatever type of lens volt is using)

whenever you kill something with a weapon (with a lens) that weapon will get 50% and volt will get 50%. 

if both weapon and volt are wearing the same type of lens, then you'll get the same type of focus. 

if they're wearing differing lenses, 50% will go into the weapon's lens, and 50% will go into volts.

You want to be putting lens on both your frames and weapons both.  Obviously this is gated by how many lens you have, so the main point is what you lens up first doesn't matter that much.  Its not like you're going to have only this one lens ever.

I would hesitate to put the lens on a melee weapon though since you only get focus on the kills done with that weapon.  High kill rate primaries are a much better option... think of the ones you use on defenses and long survivals.  The only way a melee makes any sense is if you are going to run completely stealth missions with it and keep the bonus at 500% the whole time.

Different types of lens is a good thing.  You want to unlock the other focus trees.

Finally, at 40p in the market I think buying a greater lens or two is a great option.  Personally I bought three and put them all on frames - Loki, Nova, and Frost.  The normal lens from sorties I'm putting on my weapons.

On volt? Speed+melee+channeling+naramon passive= sheer destruction. Meaning that at least 90-95%(shock+shocking speed are the other 5-10%) are in fact melee weapon kills. No reason to ever switch.

I'm not arguing against that set up being effective.  Its just very narrow and not all that well suited to end game content -- in my opinion.

I'm not arguing against that set up being effective. Its just very narrow and not all that well suited to end game content -- in my opinion.

^^ try it out, volt normaly isn't my first pick for this kinda playstyle eather but ya know, it works. Invisibility is just THAT STRONG of a defensive measure and the possible active health with Qt isn't a joke eather, what keeps him going as massive thunderstrike of death and destruction. Just did a few testruns on draco and allways endet up beein number one while supporting the group. It's definitly not worth it on most frames but its pure gold on some.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108