Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Naramon's Shadow Step Is Overpowered

styxonfire

8 hours ago, OfPowerOfWant said:

Since

- Shadow Step just entered the game, and many of us have played this game preferring stealth over "shooter" the entire time.

- Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory %100 = invisible the whole time, 0 kills

- These are 2 games which feature the option to go in guns blazing or choose to avoid conflict completely

Please show us how to activate shadow step with one button on first game load....

It takes quite a bit of time even just playing Draco and quests to unlock it and then build focus points. A player still needs the right gear and mods to use efficiently.

It is an earned and learned level up that most people would never know about if there was actually enough information inside the game that people didn't immediately go to the wiki or youtube to learn how to play. By the time learning of shadow step is usable you've played without it, visible to enemies, alot.

There is clear difference between "avoid conflicts by skill and game tools" and "cheese entire game with cheats".

If you failing to deal 1 crit strike with melee... well...

Earned? Do you really use "i farm it hard on Draco" as a excuse to gamebreaking ability? It's not a viable excuse, and will never be. It's not a solo game. "Cheat enabled" should not exist in MMO game.

Loki says hello. And before you say "nullifiers" I say "guns." Trinity and Valkyr and Loki and Ivara and maybe Inaros can all last just as long without naramon.

Simple fact is, any frame that can reliably be invisible is extremely difficult to kill. It's not less OP at 4 seconds than it is at 10. Anyone can slap a true steel and/or a blood rush and a fury on an atterax and reliably stay invisible, that wouldn't change.

Also, what you're arguing as a negative could easily be seen as a positive. Every frame should be end game viable. Ideally they are that way with their abilities, but they can't all have incredibly powerful survival tools in their abilities for a couple reasons (it's restrictive to themes and abilities, and it's boring.) Having a "this is the survival tool you get no matter what frame you are" type system, especially for frames like Saryn that are literally all offense, is a good thing. More frames can have more abilities not devoted to survival without being completely screwed out of endgame.

The other focus abilites basically work the same way. Frames like Valkyr, that have absolutely no need of the extra survivability, and frames like loki (that *could* use it but really don't need it) should instead get focuses that boost DPS or add some support ability. A permanent 30% damage bonus to slash, impact and puncture is a big deal for Valkyr, the ability to heal team mates is a big deal for someone like Nyx, especially if she is supposed to stay useful during boss fights when her most valuable abilities don't work well or simply don't work. Without dedicated roles being required, every class needs to at least have the option to access some things outside their specific area of expertise so they aren't completely useless. Most MMOs can give every class 2 or 3 or 6 survivability or CC or Healing moves because every class has 30, so they can still make the class feel very different with what's left. In warframe they get 4. Naramon is not just good for the game, it's down right necessary.

15 hours ago, letir said:

There is clear difference between "avoid conflicts by skill and game tools" and "cheese entire game with cheats".

If you failing to deal 1 crit strike with melee... well...

Earned? Do you really use "i farm it hard on Draco" as a excuse to gamebreaking ability? It's not a viable excuse, and will never be. It's not a solo game. "Cheat enabled" should not exist in MMO game.

I don't farm Draco... I prefer pre nerf viver solo and don't usually interception unless for a sortie or a potato.

I said even if someone did... since that is the constant tactic of assaulting posters who constantly attempt to come up with ways to OVER-exaggerate everything! In an attempt to nazi everyone elses playstyle...

There is no game breaking anything in Shadow Step, Game still turns on, game still plays,

There is no Cheese the entire game until you've played the entire game, over and over and over and over again often for nothing, that is the point when most players in other games find fun by using cheats, mods or a (throwback) "gameshark" to differentiate the Already Played content.

Stop exaggerating this pseudo-dilemma and let the devs move on to making the rest of Focus which somehow became "run away from battle to collect this icon" better.

Also for many of us this is primarily a solo or pug game.

- Removal of Darksector

- Spy 2.0 + 3.0

- Increased Key Farming Grind

- Bad Recruit chat experiences

- Lack of Clan Members and no experience in specific roles

- Balance / Efficiency/ Exploit Nerfs

- Wide dispersal of possible daily activities

- low player node activity

Have all put stress on the matchmaking environment and those of us who can run solo often do. Things that may seem "OP" under certain conditions definitely are not in others. Enemies have become diverse and challenging especially solo and/or when you are running your "fun" loadout not your "world killer" loadout and you get invaded or sapping spammed.

The idea that you just get the ability and win is an outright exaggeration that minimizes so much effort and real-time spent on both sides of the game, dev and player when it really is a long road to that level of Tenno deviance and destructive potential.

The new mods and videos really turned this whole thing up publicly but many ran those missions 100+ times and didn't get the correct mods. These things take effort.

Edited by OfPowerOfWant
missing word

• 5 weeks later...

It kind of surprises me and pisses me off. With the type of S#&$ that gets nerfed, why in the hell would they make something this overpowered?

It really does get to me. You know why? Because they make something like this, and it WILL get nerfed. It IS indeed one of THOSE things that you look at, first damn glance, and think, oh yeah THAT'S getting nerfed. It's not even like I WANT it to get nerfed. It just flat out pisses me off. Cuz they'll nerf it, and in my head, I'll be thinking, how the hell did you not see that it was overpowered in the first place when you came up with it??? I read it, and instantly knew it was overpowered. I mean, I love ya to death DE but come on now...

I will tell you EXACTLY how this is gonna go down. It is gonna get nerfed first of all. May not be today, tomorrow, next week, next month, blah blah, but it's getting nerfed. I'm doubting it's going to be a matter of cutting the duration. Why? Well because who the hell cares, you have blood rush and body count, you're gonna be invisible the entire time of every enemy encounter. I think that they are going to nerf it by adding a cooldown. Hmmm kinda like Shade's cloaking...

• 3 weeks later...
On April 26, 2016 at 4:05 PM, (PS4)Jay_Bee_Ex said:

It kind of surprises me and pisses me off. With the type of S#&$ that gets nerfed, why in the hell would they make something this overpowered?

It really does get to me. You know why? Because they make something like this, and it WILL get nerfed. It IS indeed one of THOSE things that you look at, first damn glance, and think, oh yeah THAT'S getting nerfed. It's not even like I WANT it to get nerfed. It just flat out pisses me off. Cuz they'll nerf it, and in my head, I'll be thinking, how the hell did you not see that it was overpowered in the first place when you came up with it??? I read it, and instantly knew it was overpowered. I mean, I love ya to death DE but come on now...

I will tell you EXACTLY how this is gonna go down. It is gonna get nerfed first of all. May not be today, tomorrow, next week, next month, blah blah, but it's getting nerfed. I'm doubting it's going to be a matter of cutting the duration. Why? Well because who the hell cares, you have blood rush and body count, you're gonna be invisible the entire time of every enemy encounter. I think that they are going to nerf it by adding a cooldown. Hmmm kinda like Shade's cloaking...

Kinda like how loki and ash are always invisible with zenurik? The invisibility really isn't all you think its cracked up to be when melee is still the weakest thing in this game. 

Let me know when you can shadowstep can can safely protect a cryopod indefinitely, turn formorian core's invisible or capture communication nodes, or do anything else. The only thing shadowstep does is let you ignore nullifiers. And while thats all good and nice, A loki could turn invisible and melee the nullifier bubble and do the same thing. An orthos prime with primed reach could still probably hit him anyway

Just because Loki and Ash can turn invisible doesn't mean that SS isnt OP. Their invisibility is part of their kit, SS gives it to ANY frame. 

My main problem with SS is that, IMO, it doesnt feel satisfying to use.  There is no strategy or special build. It just gives me invisibility without much effort. 

I think shadow step should only make you hard to hit, not purely invisible. I think the way enemies react to invisible WFs need an overhaul in general. They shouldnt be sooo clueless.

4 hours ago, (PS4)UltraKardas said:

Kinda like how loki and ash are always invisible with zenurik? The invisibility really isn't all you think its cracked up to be when melee is still the weakest thing in this game. 

Let me know when you can shadowstep can can safely protect a cryopod indefinitely, turn formorian core's invisible or capture communication nodes, or do anything else. The only thing shadowstep does is let you ignore nullifiers. And while thats all good and nice, A loki could turn invisible and melee the nullifier bubble and do the same thing. An orthos prime with primed reach could still probably hit him anyway

+1 Necro, gg

1 hour ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Just because Loki and Ash can turn invisible doesn't mean that SS isnt OP. Their invisibility is part of their kit, SS gives it to ANY frame. 

Being f***ing broken is Lokis Kit and Ash is all about Bladestorm, till that changes Naramon is not the bigest problem Warframe has.

7 minutes ago, bubbabenali said:

Being f***ing broken is Lokis Kit and Ash is all about Bladestorm, till that changes Naramon is not the bigest problem Warframe has.

Tonkor, SynSim, EB, Hysteria, Trinity, Mirage, Mob scaling, insta-kills....etc.

Mirage+Zen especially, giving everyone invisible by permanently burning the eyes out of all mobs on the map.

Edited by DarcnyssWolfe

14 hours ago, bubbabenali said:

omG! This! Thank you sir. Bladestorm is ludicrous, it even makes me not wanna play in Ash Cells as I usually keep trying to hit enemies that were caught by his animation and end up just going from A to B.

TBH SS isn't OP in any sense inside the game design, as you actually need to build melee and get Crit mods. Galatine for instance isn't a good tool for that matter, and it is still a great weapon for high level enemies with it's multiple targets and high Status proc chance. Only melee weapons get that chance and if you end up running out of targets you might be shot in the face quite easily.

5 minutes ago, Toramaru said:

Galatine for instance isn't a good tool for that matter, and it is still a great weapon for high level enemies with it's multiple targets and high Status proc chance.

I mean, Blood Rush and Maiming Strike are things... It's not like getting crits is difficult by any stretch of the definition.