The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Stealth Kill Drahk/drahk Masters?

Scylax

Question

Aside from putting them to sleep, how can I stealth kill Drahk/Drahk Masters? Now that enemies are alerted when one of their allies are killed in front of them, every time I kill one of them in that group of three, whether it be with a ranged weapon or melee, the other two are immediately alerted (there appears to be a short range for each enemy where they can detect if an ally was killed automagically even if they couldn't see them (I guess they can "hear" their friend going kersplat or something, even if the weapon is silent), and the master and his two Drahks are always within that range so they can instantly tell when one of them in the group dies. Am I missing something? Is there a way to stealth kill them without putting them to sleep?

Edit: To clarify, I want to be able to kill all three without the stealth counter being reset

Edited by Scylax

9 answers to this question

I use the Opticor which has an AOE (if you shoot it at the ground/wall) + is innately silent, but the AOE doesn't seem to be powerful enough to 1-hit all three of them if I wait for them to group together closely enough (which sometimes resets the stealth timer since I have to way longer than I have left on the timer for them to bunch together). Any recommendations on a weapon with a good enough AOE to 1-hit all three of them? Tonkor is one. I can put a max-ranked hush on it, so noise isn't that big of a deal.

Edited by Scylax

Orthos with reach.

It may be able to hit them all in one swing, but not even Orthos P (which I have) can 1-hit all three of them in one swoop. Unless you can one-hit all three at once, your stealth counter is reset.

Edited by Scylax

Ivara w/ Prowl + Sheev w/ Covert Lethality.

I can go on stealth-kill sprees without ever breaking the stealth kill chain, even killing enemies in front of each other. Not once has it failed for the past several days when I go affinity grinding. Even on Drahks & their masters. Killing one or the other won't alert them. 

I dunno if it has something to do with Covert Lethality ignoring the alert factor or not.

It may be able to hit them all in one swing, but not even Orthos P (which I have) can 1-hit all three of them in one swoop. Unless you can one-hit all three at once, your stealth counter is reset.

Depending on their level. Orthos P can easily one-shot them up to level 40, i think, if you consider the stealth damage multiplier and use the slide attack.