The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Someone Explain Nova's Abilities?

FallingHeaven

Question

14 answers to this question

Nullstar summon orbitting antimatter drops that attack enemies that come too close. Up to seven times per cast if I remember correctly. Neutron Star augment allow you to recast Nullstar to explode remaining particles.

Antimatter drop create an orb. Orb alone is weak, but can deal radiation proc, but you can charge it up shooting at it up to massive damage. Very powerfull nuke ability, but require some practicing, it follow cursor if you toggle aim. Antimatter Absorb augment makes orb to absorb enemy bullets that fly by it.

Wormhole creates a entry portal and exit portal in direction you are aiming. Touching portal teleports you to it's end. Exit portal can't go through obstacles, so be carefull where you aim. Escape Velocity augment gives run speed bonus after exiting the portal.

Molecular Prime covers every enemies with antimatter. With positive power strength, they slow down, with negative (Overextended equipped) they speed up. Primed enemies take additional damage, if they die, they explode dealing damage all around, can make beautiful chain explosions.

Edited by RobWasHere

What exactly do you not understand? Her one sets up an attack that his anything that gets closer one at a time. Anti matter drop if you shoot it, it did more damage when it explodes from colliding with anything. You steer it with your aim. Wormhole sets up a teleport and her 4 sends out a wave that makes enemies slowed and take more damage. when they die they explode and damage enemies around

Edited by Caobie

Nullstar summon orbitting antimatter drops that attack enemies that come too close. Up to seven times per cast if I remember correctly. Neutron Star augment allow you to recast Nullstar to explode remaining particles.

Antimatter drop create an orb. Orb alone is weak, but can deal radiation proc, but you can charge it up shooting at it up to massive damage. Very powerfull nuke ability, but require some practicing, it follow cursor if you toggle aim. Antimatter Absorb augment makes orb to absorb enemy bullets that fly by it.

Wormhole creates a entry portal and exit portal in direction you are aiming. Touching portal teleports you to it's end. Exit portal can't go through obstacles, so be carefull where you aim. Escape Velocity augment gives run speed bonus after exiting the portal.

Molecular Prime covers every enemies with antimatter. With positive power strength, they slow down, with negative (Overextended equipped) they speed up. Primed enemies take additional damage, if they die, they explode dealing damage all around, can make beautiful chain explosions.

This guy explains it pretty well.  The only thing i can add is that Antimatter Drop always follows your cursor, whether you are aiming or not, aiming makes it's movement slow down and follow more precisely.  Also it explodes when it hits something.

The first ability, Null Star, is "fire and forget".  When you activate it, the orbs circle her and fire on their own, independently of your controls.  They fire one at a time.  The augment lets you "control" it a bit by giving you the option to explode the remaining orbs.

The second ability, Antimatter Drop, takes practice to learn to use, like the above users said.  The explosion when it collides with something punches through obstacles.  Note that other players can also shoot it to strengthen it (if they see it) but weapons can't crit the orb.  The orb's texture changes I think when it is at maximum strength.  You can even direct it when doing things like reviving other players.  If you fire more than one drop at a time, they become unreliable - exploding randomly.  The augment makes it work kind of like Nyx's Absorb, pulling in enemy bullets around it - it also makes the orbs WAY more visible (they gain a huge aura).

The portals from the third ability are tricky to aim at first.  You need to avoid having an obstacle against your knees; hop up on a railing instead of standing behind it.

The second ability: I can't control it. It doesn't move when I move the cursor.

Worm hole: what is the application of this ability? I just can't think of any situation where this ability would be useful.

Molecular prime doesn't kill at all?

Edited by FallingHeaven

Worm hole: what is the application of this ability? I just can't think of any situation where this ability would be useful.

What's not to like about teleportation? Not many frames have access to it, there are far worse abilities. 

Molecular Prime is one of the strongest abilities in the game, slowing enemies almost to a halt while giving your weapons double damage. Don't expect it to nuke things with a simple button press.

I find her weak too.   Wormhole is useless most of the time, once in a while a sniper type situation where you pop up to the top of something to snipe at infested can exploit a bit but meh, anyone can jump to a spot like that without a wasted ability.   Her first skill is a short range low damage trash skill.   That leaves MP and her weird ball of death.   Ball of death is nice but 1) you have to shoot the crap out of it while steering it and 2) the radius isn't impressive for the trouble.    Its just too difficult to make it pay big rewards except on rather slow moving bosses in a few scenarios. 

And that leaves MP, which is a solid ability but its only double damage (compare: a fully loaded banshee can make hitting enemy do over 10x damage) in a relatively small radius (banshees is larger) with a nice slow (ok, but I'd rather just kill them).    In a few high end maps the slow is worthwhile crowd control making her pretty useful.   In very low end content, the chain reactions can be fun.  In everything else, shes a sub-par banshee (who has silence instead of teleport,  damage in a huge aoe,  and extra damage on hit that is superior, and a weakish #1 damager).  

Wormhole can get you to down players faster can let you bypass parts of spy mission you don't want to deal with and can be used for lots of other things wormhole can be a highly usefull to a creative player.

Mprime does not kill however it can slow enemies or speed them up depending on the buld you are running it also douse enemies that are slowed by it to explode on death causing damage to enemies near them this can easy take out large groups of enemies and hurt those harder to kill targets

Edited by October0Night

Wormhole can get you to down players faster can let you bypass parts of spy mission you don't want to deal with and can be used for lots of other things wormhole can be a highly usefull to a creative player.

Wormhole mattered a whole lot more before parkour 2.0.  The key is the portal stays open for a number of uses so everyone in the squad can take it to any out of the way spot on the map.

But now you just bullet jump to them instead.

I still use Wormhole – I might be an unconventional Nova user, but I build her for power efficiency and spam those things everywhere. For general map traversal it's convenient and fun, but the main advantages are that a lot of Spy vaults get a lot easier when you can just teleport straight through the lasers, and Capture missions take less than a minute from start to finish, especially with the augment.

Antimatter Drop is awesome. With a tooled-up Sancti Tigris I can hit the power's damage cap in a single duplex-shot after launching the sphere, at which point pretty much the only things capable of surviving are high-end sortie enemies with the Elemental Resistance modifier; combine with the damage doubling of Molecular Prime for even more ridiculous results. The augment gives it the added bonus of being able to block gunfire from an entire corridor full of enemies as you guide the orb towards them.

I agree with the others; the portal's still fun to use, even if it's less unique nowadays.

But I think we're missing an important piece of information here.  Nova Prime has another unique trait.  She has animated jet boosters on her back; they open when she runs!  The prime version of her head has it too!  It's pretty great.  It's critical information I needed to make sure you had at your disposal.