The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Primary Should I Go With After Braton Prime For End Game?

(XBOX)GetDELETED1681

Question

Mine is almost formad 6 times with heavy cal, serration, split, storm, hellfire, infected, shred and either ammo mutation or switched out for a dual mod but yeah.

It seems decent enough but not enough. I've heard soma prime doesn't really cut it for end game either. My issue is that I'm only MR6 atm so I'm a bit limited. I wait something sorti ready at 5-6 formas.

12 answers to this question

The Hek and Vaykor Hek don't look like much, but both do massive damage in one shot, plus both have the ability to have syndicate proc, so they are both really viable.  The Tonkor is also a great weapon that will produce massive damage plus it has a blast radius so it is great for groups of enemies as well.  The Tonkor you have to practice a little with though, because it's a little tricky to aim. But since you are MR 6 you should have access to the regular Hek and Tonkor, so this should be no problem.  Both these weapons put out great damage and the Hek with the Steel Meridian Mod Scattered Justice will actually proc and heal you a bit when it does.  The downside of both these weapons is a small mag size with the Hek at 4 and Tonkor at 2, but both will drop a T4 heavy gunner, usually in one or two shots with the right mods.  Also, these aren't long range weapons.  The Hek is best close to mid, and The Tonkor shines Mid range, and won;t kill you if you need to go point blank.  Long range is a little tricky because of the arc of the round, and it's worse with Heavy Cal.  Both are great though, so much so that if you aren't sure what you are getting into, both will keep you alive.   

i would have to say for mr6 boltor prime or the basic hek. the hek is super easy to build and the mods you would need to get it to shine is fairly easy to get (save for the puncture event mod or primed point blank, granted you dont need them to make it work great) and normally doesnt have a single rank ten mod you need to worry about. (unless you get primed point blank). with its low fire rate it should never run out of ammo though it has a really long reload animation but their is a mod that grants punch through and reload speed which can add tons more value per bullet when shot into hoards. you will need to get the steel meridean mod though to grant in 200% multishot to make it great.

Boltor Prime and late game? This time is over...if it ever started.

Best late game primaries you can get are Tonkor, Sancti Tigris (MR12), Synoid Simulor (MR12) and Vaykor Hek or normal Hek for your current rank. Assault Rifles start to just shoot the ammo empty later on.

My personal opinion for weapons.

Bow: Dread, Paris Prime, or Rakta Cernos (Red Veil, mr12)

Launcher: Tonkor

Beam Weapon (also considered a rifle, but whatevs): Amprex

Assault Rifles: Soma Prime, Boltor Prime

Shotguns: Hek, Sancti Tigris

Now, why did I post these weapons?:

Dread: This bow is one of my personal favorites. It's a Slash heavy bow (good against most enemies), and with only 3 forma, my dread carries me through the 3rd tier sortie, lvl 100 mobs with relative ease.

Paris Prime:I always hold this bow close to me, it was my first prime weapon after all. But, it does a great amount of damage (Impact at that). Similar to my dread, it does get me through most higher up missions.

Rakta Cernos: This weapon, I am in love with. Not only does the syndicate proc refill some energy, but it also gives a 10% move speed buff! It's an Impact heavy weapon, but with my build it works amazingly well against Grineer and Infested also! Not to mention the proc does Viral damage!

Tonkor: This weapon is still being worked on for me, so I can't give a definate answer from personal experiences. But, it's a great weapon and it's good for clearing mobs of enemies while only doing 50 damage to you (unlike penta or Castannas). Plus the "Tonkor Jump" is fun.

Amprex: This is a crit machine! It's a Corpus Tech weapon, mr 6 required I believe. It does have a real high RoF, and burns ammo like crazy, but it's good at wiping out rooms with the chaining it has. Granted it needs a few forma to get going, but throw on some dmg with Point Strike and a Critical Delay, and you got red crits for days! Off set the ammo dependency with a mutation or a Rifle Scavenger Aura and you're set

Soma Prime: I cried tears of joy when this weapon got primed. This has been my favorite assault rifle since I got the normal version. I can easily run the Nightmare LoR, or the J3 Trial with it and hold my own damage wise. I forma'd it only 3 times thanks to the 2 Madurai (V) Polarity it starts with. Plus it's great at getting lots of crits.

Boltor Prime: While it's not a good crit base weapon, it has high base dmg. The only real fall off is that the bolts it fires have travel time. It is a fun weapon to see enemies bolted to the wall, though.

Hek: This is the only "starter" gun that I've seen used like its the next best weapon in the game. With the Scattered Justice (Steel Meridian) mod, it has 200% multishot, and a syndicate proc. it's a real easy to craft weapon (that's why I called it a starter weapon, it's not resource hungry like others) and it's a fun weapon to use. Granted, it does take a few forma for it to work.

Sancti Tigris: I honestly don't have this weapon, so again no personal experiences here. But, the stats are amazing! I've got a few friends that have it, and they rave over it.

There you have it for my personal favorite weapons, and a little reason why. Keep in mind these are personal opinions and observations. Try them all and see what you like the best. Any weapon can be good if you put enough work into it. I've seen people with 6 forma MK-1 Bratons do as much damage as people with Somas.

Edited by (PS4)AirJordan73

My choice of weapon

shotgun: HEK, sancti tigris

machine gun : soma prime, boltor prime

launcher : tonkor, synoid simulor

bow : dread, paris prime

why?

those 2 shotgun highest damage / shot. Keep dodging and pick them off 1 by 1

Soma prime crit is high damage and boltor prime high damage

launcher = use mirage and these things will be very2 high damage xd

bow: dread is highest crit bow ( red crit ftw) , paris prime is simply puncture bow,

to me if you want to go weapon late game use mirage and synoid simulor xd

Mine is almost formad 6 times with heavy cal, serration, split, storm, hellfire, infected, shred and either ammo mutation or switched out for a dual mod but yeah.

It seems decent enough but not enough. I've heard soma prime doesn't really cut it for end game either. My issue is that I'm only MR6 atm so I'm a bit limited. I wait something sorti ready at 5-6 formas.

It does, but ammo's a problem.  If that's your concern, may I strongly recommend the Synoid Simulor (when you get to MR12, slap it on Mirage and try not to die laughing), the Tonkor, any of the endgame bows (Dread, Reknos(again with the MR), PP), and the Hek/Tigris (syndicate versions at MR12 are extremely worth it).

@Jordan - Buddy's got a 5 forma Amprex that he seriously needs an intervention for.  He runs into ammo problems all the time during sorties.  Also, can second Sancti Tigris being awesome.  Three forma, done. Kill anything in the game, and strong enough you can turn it into a four shot and still be fine up to level 80 or so.

OP:  With the exception of the launchers, these are all pretty much single target delete buttons.  I'd recommend you invest in a secondary that's capable of wiping the trash off the map.  Atomos is, without a doubt, the absolute top choice for this.

I highlighted all my picks for viable weapons at your current MR. ( This list is from http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Mastery_Rank ) My choices are based on weapons I like and use myself, only. Some other weapons shown here might or might not be good, but I haven't spent enough time with them to know! Some may more may not need a handful of formas.

2Pvhm8Wb.png

Edited by Star