The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solo-Friendly Missions

(PSN)Wolfsbane706

Question

13 answers to this question

Trying to do an Interception mission by myself.  It's not working.  As well, the quests to get the Archwing are proving almost impossible without help.

You may not have her if you're just stating out but Zephyr makes interception pretty easy. Mobility and damage reduction plus on ok CC. 

Trying to do an Interception mission by myself.  It's not working.  As well, the quests to get the Archwing are proving almost impossible without help.

Interception and Excavation? So 'horde' gamemodes are being the issue?

I'd try, then, Exterminate, Spy, Deception, Sabotage, Assassination, Crossfire, Capture, and Rescue missions. They are less intense in terms of enemies converging in on you at once.

You should also be able to level up and find mods that'll make your time in Excavation and Interception missions much more tolerable.

Interception and Excavation? So 'horde' gamemodes are being the issue?

I'd try, then, Exterminate, Spy, Deception, Sabotage, Assassination, Crossfire, Capture, and Rescue missions. They are less intense in terms of enemies converging in on you at once.

You should also be able to level up and find mods that'll make your time in Excavation and Interception missions much more tolerable.

Actually, my primary issue in doing Interception is being everywhere at once.  The bodycount problem is secondary.

It really depends on your loadout. CC is the name of the game with Intercept. I usually take a max range irradiating Loki.Nyx could probably play the same roll in a pinch but not quite as well.

Excavation depends on the faction but a Frost will usually go a long way.

Everything else can typically be done with any frame but some will excel better than others. For instance Limbo is godly for rescue.

Edited by xRufus7x

Interception is the only game mode I really have trouble with.

If killing isn't the problem then consider working on your mobility and awareness. If an enemy is capturing a point then both the icon near your minimap and the capture point will start to flash/blink. If you see an icon flashing then make your way to the point and kill the enemy that is at the console capturing the point.

Edited by MrJxt

Max range Mirage turns interceptions into an absolute joke.  For some of the smaller maps, a max range Firequake Ember can do the same.  Like Rufus said, an irradiating Loki can take care of... just about everything.

There's a bit of strategy with interception too - you only need to have two points capped consistently to win (with neutralizing a third for a bit), three gives you a clear advantage, and four totally dominates (as our lovely spess mum says each time we cap four).  A lot of the maps, there's one or two points that can be rather Pyrrhic.  Just let the enemy have 'em, and stick to the ones you can easily cap.

early on, capture, exterminate, sabotage, spy are the easy to solo ones.  After gearing up,  you can do pretty good runs in survival and defense and mobile defense solo.    Interception is near impossible without help on harder maps, though it can be done with the right frames and some careful manipulation of the maps as others said.   High level missions -- like the sorties -- will often require help.   Excavations are not too bad but the digger is fragile and needs solid defense or youll lose them to the horde.

Edited by jonnin